IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

A very mixed half - started the brighter team without really threatening, Brum slow to get going and we looked to be in control of them. But then Jordan Graham started getting in the game. Looks useful out on their right and their brightest spark, getting in several dangerous crosses. 

The conceded goal was a frustrating one, slow to react and track in midfield  and McGree with acres of space to get a fairly tame shot away that takes a nasty deflection in.

When we’ve tried to get the ball forwards quickly we can’t make it stick. Often Wells ending up the target man and losing out. Building was giving Dasilva and Tanner more chance to get up in support which gave us a few more options.

We’ve had a couple of half chances, notably a general wasteful tonight Weimann slicing wide from a decent position. 

City guilty of some aimless long balls, several times from an otherwise solid Vyner.

Bakinson with a good first half for me, sprayed it round well at times, yes some misplaced forward balls, but always an option and part of most of what was good about the first half’s play IMO.

Need to stop the crosses coming in and need to get a few more bodies forward quicker to hurt them as I don’t see us bulldozing through or scoring with a set piece tonight.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only one shot on target, in total for both teams, in the first half and that was deflected for the goal. It’s not all bad, just needs City to take advantage of the build up play that goes wrong when it reached the Birmingham penalty area 

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

I really don’t think we’ve been that bad compared to Brum.   There is such a toxicity around the club at moment.  

Brum have been terrible. I’m not comparing us to them. Again we haven’t passed the ball well and can’t string three attacking passes together. It’s better than Saturday but still crap. Hence saying expectations are low. 

Bakinson probably been our best midfielder. But even then it’s not been great… Birmingham have come through too easily at times when we have lost the ball upfield.

Our tackles have been weak as piss too. Overall not terrible, but certainly not great…

Expectations have lowered a lot these days.