No response from fresh legged players

Concerned at lack of clean sheets and lack of shots 

Won’t comment on individuals when asked about Vyner

On Saturday he will pick players who are fit and up for the game 

Lost control of game when Matty James went off

As much about application as talent. Who is most reliable 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He sounded totally broken to me. Seems totally bereft. 

We don't know what he's saying day in day out. If he's feeling like he's been trying the same thing, the things that have worked for him in the past, for 9 months and people aren't getting it...and then get 4 brutal losses and one poor win in a short period, well yeh that's gonna break you.

I'm not surprised if he's feeling pretty crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bit ott. He sounds pissed right off & has every right to be. 

Agreed - will be interesting to see the starting 11 on Saturday - think we will see a number of changes!

Personally, I’d like to see us back to a back four with Martin dropped and then Wiemann and Wells up front with Scott or dare I say, Palmer playing behind them.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, dREDful said:

Let's hope he's finally seen enough of Vyner. 

I thought i had. Just because hes academy doesnt mean he should get any favours. He played pub league in scotland a didnt tear it up so how on earth will he here. Typical of the nice, soft BCFC way to bring him back in like that. Will never be good enough ( like a few others too ). 

• Like 2

We are in a poor run of form and slowly sliding down the table. It seems to me that there are a few players that Nige trusts and a few he doesn't. There will be plenty more of results and performances like this in this season. As I've said before anything approaching mid table will be a success after last season's debacle.

We have to go back to a solid 4 4 2 and stick to it.

Our problem with a small squad is that with injuries to key players like Baker, Williams, King and now James is going to hurt.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, tin said:

The players who remain from LJ/MA’s watch outnumber Nige’s players and simply aren’t good enough. End of. 

Not as many as you think. Of the players he really relies on about half he made a decision on. James, King, Tanner, Atkinson, Baker and Weimann he gave contracts to. They have all featured heavily. 

Then you have Massengo, Kalas and Bentley who are stand outs to add to the 5-6 he relies on. So he has at least 8-9 players he can call on that he trusts. You can add Martin to that. So basically he chosen XI are players he has chosen or are easily selected. 

Then there are some younger squad players who won’t be holding him back financially like Bakinson, Pring and Scott. What I mean is they can contribute and not kill the wage bill. 

He has a bit of dross that is hard to get rod of. That said, he isn’t getting great performances from a large portion of players he has brought in. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed - will be interesting to see the starting 11 on Saturday - think we will see a number of changes!

Personally, I’d like to see us back to a back four with Martin dropped and then Wiemann and Wells up front with Scott or dare I say, Palmer playing behind them.

No you won't, says this after every single game.

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Sounds like he doesn’t know what to do to improve it 

Disagree, I think he sounds like someone who knows he cant {currently} improve it, if that's more or less worrying is probably open to interpretation.

If he's in charge this time next year it will be fascinating to see how many of the current crop are still involved. For what it's worth, and I know plenty disagree, I actually think there's decent ability in the squad. The problem is, for me, that we've bred a real culture of complacency, we've accepted mediocrity and a malaise has set in.

He's been employed to change that. Whether or not he'll be afforded the time by a fan base who, seemingly in significant amounts, say they understand this but don't is the defining question.

Edited by S_C
  • Like 3