IGNORED

A team with pace and obvious best 11

Better Red

After watching team stumble from win to loss and then to loss again and a again.

Nigel job looks easy to me and I think he is about 3 weeks from putting our best 11.

You could argue James could get a spot in midfield.

Scott maybe there on promise rather than form.

outside of that I don’t think there is actually many options for Nig

For me the question is it good enough to stay up? For me might just might scrape 45/5O points so yes.

For the bench I have just picked from the squad that IMO are good enough to make a bench for a championship team.

One or two injuries and it all falls apart quickly. If we don’t make at least 4 signings in Jan then a relegation battle looks difficult to avoid.

we desperately need a left back, midfielder and striker to give the squad better balance, but we need players who can start not just take a place on the bench we have to many of them already. 

At least this team would be more exciting to watch an also has pace and energy

Bentley 

Tanner      Atkinson  Kalas        Pring

Williams  Massengo

Seymeyo          Scott            Weiman

Wells

Bench - O’leary, James, Martin, COD, Baker, Vyner

JD, Palmer & Bakinson - move on in January window if we can. We are stuck with King and Simpson until the Summer. 

In my dreamland I'd like to see us loan 3 players out to bring 3 players in on loan.

We need to find a dominant holding midfielder, a pacy winger and an athletic striker.

I'd like to see Palmer, Bakinson and Wells go out on loan.

I know this is never going to happen but I wish it would!

Reckon we are missing two of our best XI in Williams and Semenyo. Being compounded by playing a few regularly who are not part of our best XI. Think our best team would be a 433. Pring and Dasilva really close for me now so either would work.

Bentley

Tanner Kalas Atkinson Pring or Dasilva

Massengo James Williams

Semenyo Wells Scott

Midfield still lightweight no matter what you do. Think this blends our best athletes and footballers into a good mould. 

19 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Reorganising chairs on the deck of the Titanic at this point.

Any combination of eleven would struggle in the current set up.

Disagree.  Ignoring personnel / names / systems for the mo’.

If you have two players coming back from injury that might be better than 2 of your current eleven, then dropping out your two worst and bringing two better is likely to improve you.  Is that a fair statement?

Obviously it doesn’t always work out that your best eleven players fit into a football formation, and sometimes lesser players work better in a system that supposed better players.

If I said just 2 out of Baker, Semenyo and Williams were better than 2 of tonight’s team, then I think their return from injury will improve us.  Maybe all 3 improves us a smidge more?

So I don’t see it as rearranging the deck chairs, I think we have a couple of nice sun loungers with padded head rests and back supports to come back, whereas I’m fed up of trapping my finger in those wooden monstrosities. ?

• Like 2

Last night we saw James, and Massengo trying to keep and pass the ball. Add Williams and clearly he would improve it.

We don't look solid with a back 3, and actually seemed a little better with Baker at FB, so another improvement.

Martin baffles me. Has he got incriminating photos of Pearson ???
I thought he ran the channels well last night, got in good positions, worked hard. But almost everytime with the ball at his feet he seemed to lose it. Weimann & Wells movement is decent, IMO we need to get them central. It might also reduce the number of lumped balls forward to Martin.

Pearson is close to getting people to quote the "insanity" quote. The 3 strikers don't work. Playing players that train well doesn't seem to be getting results. IMO it all needs a rethink. Sadly , Pearson seemed wedded to certain things.

For me , we need to be solid. We aren't creating much with 3 strikers , move stuff around.
Back 4

Tanner - Kalas - Atkinson - Baker

I'm not worried if Baker doesn't get forward, just as long as he defends.

Midfield

James
Williams            Massengo

I would want James to shield the back 4, not be too progressive and let Williams & HNM do the hard yards.

Width

Weimann & COD 

Starting as wide MF but with licence to roam. Get forward to support the front, but drop in to make a 5 under pressure.

Striker

Wells

Purely for movement, he can finish too, but with the movement of AW, COD & Wells it could create space. Plus it would add a little pace.

TBH, I'm as low as I've been for years, if I hadn't bought tickets for Coventry I wouldn't bother. It now feels like  Johnson 2.0 . Martin undroppable and Vyner was the lucky winner of the "in from nowhere " tombola, who will now be sacrificed again . 
But as I've said before, it's Pearson and subs that really depress me. We were getting space, runs looked promising but kept breaking down. Why not COD ? game looked right for him. If he wanted youth, why not Scott ? To wait until 3-0 down, with 8 minutes to go , to then swap full backs ? Even if JD had a knock it doesn't explain why he sat and watched us disintegrate and do precisely nothing for the previous 25/30 minutes. 

I am completely pissed off with it now. This feels almost like we have accepted relegation. Pearson being honest post match doesn't cut it, yes the players are at fault, but a large percentage of blame has to lay with Pearson. 8 months, a pre season, 4 players of his choosing , I would expect a bit of improvement. Not sure I've seen much, or the little we had, was short lived. 
I accept it is a big job, and while we may have improved things off of the pitch, it always comes down to performance and results. I can't think of a manager who, after having little impact coming into a job, would then suddenly improve things. Probably because managers don't get the time to fail any more. How long do we stumble along, Steve won't want to risk relegation , but who is out there that looks a good bet. I would have liked Cooper, Robins or similar, but that ain't gonna happen. We may be looking at a panicy stop gap, but with little money to spend I'm not sure who , or even how. 
I saw Roy De Alien link us with Lampard , sadly I could see this appealing to Steve's ego. What's that saying, going down in a blaze of glory ?

• Hmmm 1

9 hours ago, mozo said:

In my dreamland I'd like to see us loan 3 players out to bring 3 players in on loan.

We need to find a dominant holding midfielder, a pacy winger and an athletic striker.

I'd like to see Palmer, Bakinson and Wells go out on loan.

I know this is never going to happen but I wish it would!

What's the point in sending them out on loan?

Wells and Palmer never going to do anything here so get them off the books ASAP in my opinion.

A loan for Bakinson would possibly help him but he would need to improve massively in a short space of time if he is to be in our future plans. 

9 hours ago, Better Red said:

After watching team stumble from win to loss and then to loss again and a again.

Nigel job looks easy to me and I think he is about 3 weeks from putting our best 11.

You could argue James could get a spot in midfield.

Scott maybe there on promise rather than form.

outside of that I don’t think there is actually many options for Nig

For me the question is it good enough to stay up? For me might just might scrape 45/5O points so yes.

For the bench I have just picked from the squad that IMO are good enough to make a bench for a championship team.

One or two injuries and it all falls apart quickly. If we don’t make at least 4 signings in Jan then a relegation battle looks difficult to avoid.

we desperately need a left back, midfielder and striker to give the squad better balance, but we need players who can start not just take a place on the bench we have to many of them already. 

At least this team would be more exciting to watch an also has pace and energy

Bentley 

Tanner      Atkinson  Kalas        Pring

Williams  Massengo

Seymeyo          Scott            Weiman

Wells

Bench - O’leary, James, Martin, COD, Baker, Vyner

JD, Palmer & Bakinson - move on in January window if we can. We are stuck with King and Simpson until the Summer. 

Do you really think we could find a new home for Palmer and DaSilva?

22 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Last night we saw James, and Massengo trying to keep and pass the ball. Add Williams and clearly he would improve it.

We don't look solid with a back 3, and actually seemed a little better with Baker at FB, so another improvement.

Martin baffles me. Has he got incriminating photos of Pearson ???
I thought he ran the channels well last night, got in good positions, worked hard. But almost everytime with the ball at his feet he seemed to lose it. Weimann & Wells movement is decent, IMO we need to get them central. It might also reduce the number of lumped balls forward to Martin.

Pearson is close to getting people to quote the "insanity" quote. The 3 strikers don't work. Playing players that train well doesn't seem to be getting results. IMO it all needs a rethink. Sadly , Pearson seemed wedded to certain things.

For me , we need to be solid. We aren't creating much with 3 strikers , move stuff around.
Back 4

Tanner - Kalas - Atkinson - Baker

I'm not worried if Baker doesn't get forward, just as long as he defends.

Midfield

James
Williams            Massengo

I would want James to shield the back 4, not be too progressive and let Williams & HNM do the hard yards.

Width

Weimann & COD 

Starting as wide MF but with licence to roam. Get forward to support the front, but drop in to make a 5 under pressure.

Striker

Wells

Purely for movement, he can finish too, but with the movement of AW, COD & Wells it could create space. Plus it would add a little pace.

TBH, I'm as low as I've been for years, if I hadn't bought tickets for Coventry I wouldn't bother. It now feels like  Johnson 2.0 . Martin undroppable and Vyner was the lucky winner of the "in from nowhere " tombola, who will now be sacrificed again . 
But as I've said before, it's Pearson and subs that really depress me. We were getting space, runs looked promising but kept breaking down. Why not COD ? game looked right for him. If he wanted youth, why not Scott ? To wait until 3-0 down, with 8 minutes to go , to then swap full backs ? Even if JD had a knock it doesn't explain why he sat and watched us disintegrate and do precisely nothing for the previous 25/30 minutes. 

I am completely pissed off with it now. This feels almost like we have accepted relegation. Pearson being honest post match doesn't cut it, yes the players are at fault, but a large percentage of blame has to lay with Pearson. 8 months, a pre season, 4 players of his choosing , I would expect a bit of improvement. Not sure I've seen much, or the little we had, was short lived. 
I accept it is a big job, and while we may have improved things off of the pitch, it always comes down to performance and results. I can't think of a manager who, after having little impact coming into a job, would then suddenly improve things. Probably because managers don't get the time to fail any more. How long do we stumble along, Steve won't want to risk relegation , but who is out there that looks a good bet. I would have liked Cooper, Robins or similar, but that ain't gonna happen. We may be looking at a panicy stop gap, but with little money to spend I'm not sure who , or even how. 
I saw Roy De Alien link us with Lampard , sadly I could see this appealing to Steve's ego. What's that saying, going down in a blaze of glory ?

Wells can finish? We must be thinking of a different player

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Wells can finish? We must be thinking of a different player

Not really had a run up front for us. But from the goal at QPR and the disallowed one at WBA, and compared to what else we have. I'd say yes he can.
His GPG has dropped while with us, most players would, doesn't make him a bad player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

What's the point in sending them out on loan?

Wells and Palmer never going to do anything here so get them off the books ASAP in my opinion.

A loan for Bakinson would possibly help him but he would need to improve massively in a short space of time if he is to be in our future plans. 

Well I'd rather sell them but that's even more unlikely so let's get something towards their wages and keep the squad trim as NP likes it.