IGNORED

Weimann & Martin

GrahamC

On 06/11/2021 at 17:09, GrahamC said:

Pretty obvious they are to blame, eh? Weimann has 7 goals now, Martin 5.

In contrast we have let in 16 in the last 8, 18 away this season in our 9 games.

You have **** all chance of winning very often if you need to score 3 to even get a point.

Defensively we are completely shambolic & I am not excusing the midfield from that, either.

Never understood or have been happy having a keeper as captain.

Needs a defender or, in my opinion, preferably a midfield player.

Make James the skipper.

• Flames 1

Martin did well for the second but he really infuriates me with his movement. He gives the midfield and defense little options apart from having to go long to him. 

I have said it numerous times now but our problem is our midfield in defensive situations. Take a look at a lot of our goals. They either come from their midfielders easily breaking the lines centrally to leave our central defenders exposed or they come from out wide from overlaps on our full backs due to no midfielder helping them out or having the positional knowledge to be there offering protection.

It’s either positional indiscipline, bad tactics or a lack of effort why they’re not offering better protection.

Bentley, Tanner, Atkinson, Kalas and Pring / DaSilva as a defensive 5 are above the league average in my opinion. It just makes their jobs far far more harder with little protection.