IGNORED

Just got back

BS3_RED

Well in reality I got back 20 mins ago but needed to sink a shitload of vodka to calm me down.

The easiest way to sum up today and this season is with this sentence.

I would have never associated the words gutless and spineless with a Nigel Pearson team, however they are the only words I can use to describe the team in his spell in charge of Bristol City. Even with a man advantage, everyone in that ground knew Cov would win that game. That says it all. Time for Pearson ( who I wanted like most) to go.

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Well in reality I got back 20 mins ago but needed to sink a shitload of vodka to calm me down.

I would have never associated the words gutless and spineless with a Nigel Pearson team, however they are the only words I can use to describe the team in his spell in charge of Bristol City. Even with a man advantage, everyone in that ground knew Cov would win that game. That says it all. Time for Pearson ( who I wanted like most) to go.

Fair play to you for going. 

• Like 3

Ex pro footballer with a steel like reputation who cannot motivate or organise a squad of players who have hundreds of championship games and international caps between them.

i totally don’t buy into this is a shit squad, I am now firmly in the manager is another washed up old has been like pulis, McCarthy, pardew, allardyce, Hughes, warnock, Mowbray 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Was there's a penalty, commentator says the Coventry player dived, WELL?

21 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Your right,pearson I believed was the exact type required, no nonsense no shirking and total commitment from his team. I have changed my opinion completely and feel guilty saying it but you can not argue that he should be able to at least put a solid pattern of play onto the pitch as a minimum with his experience. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, red colin said:

Your right,pearson I believed was the exact type required, no nonsense no shirking and total commitment from his team. I have changed my opinion completely and feel guilty saying it but you can not argue that he should be able to at least put a solid pattern of play onto the pitch as a minimum with his experience. 

I don't think Pearsons been well for a long time and I'm pretty sure he isn't the manager he was before,I might be clutching at straws but his health is setting him back no more so with this new COVID set back.. I can see him retiring from the game. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Was there's a penalty, commentator says the Coventry player dived, WELL?

Yep, ref should have given us one early and theirs looked more than iffy but thats football. We still re took the lead and should have then pushed on.

Just now, BS3_RED said:

Yep, ref should have given us one early and theirs looked more than iffy but thats football. We still re took the lead and should have then pushed on.

Spot on.

We had our first penalty in a year & after theirs were 2-1 up against ten men.

**** hard luck stories, not good enough.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ex pro footballer with a steel like reputation who cannot motivate or organise a squad of players who have hundreds of championship games and international caps between them.

i totally don’t buy into this is a shit squad, I am now firmly in the manager is another washed up old has been like pulis, McCarthy, pardew, allardyce, Hughes, warnock, Mowbray 

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I take your point but how many international caps have we got in the squad? Kalas has a few but suspect he won't get too many more.  Same goes for Odowda.  Can't think who else?

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

This squad is shit. I fail to see how anyone else can think this squad is any better than bottom half. However the doubt regarding NP is now starting to creep in also. Today was inexcusable, shit squad or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS3_RED said:

The fans have been pretty patient so far. What was the reaction like from the away support at the end today?

4 minutes ago, The Gambler said:

For a professional football team to concede 3 goals in one half to a team from the same division who are down to 10 men is unforgivable. 
There are no excuses for today.
Head coach (even though unfortunately absent) has to be held responsible and should resign.

totally agree, this hideous result after conceding 2 goals in injury time to Forest and countless injury time equalisers, of our many shocking managers over the years, I can't remember results this bad or embarrassing

50 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I think that's a bit hard on Mowbray. His teams always play a decent game, as we will see in two weeks time. 

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So you don’t think it has more championship experience than Barnsley, Peterborough, Luton, hull, Coventry, qpr, Blackburn, Millwall, Blackpool, Preston, Birmingham… wow

It might have similar experience but is that experience deserved? Every championship squad has a mix of good championship players and some journeyman types, looking with hindsight we might have had a few top end championship players and prem players propping up a squad of league 1 quality players. We have had to sell or get rid of our top quality due to FFP & COVID leaving us with some league 1 quality and now the has beens have turned up.

It's interesting to me that us and Preston came up together and seem to track each other and are now struggling together.

47 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

The fans have been pretty patient so far. What was the reaction like from the away support at the end today?

Let’s just say there are unlikely to be any “Full time scenes” or “Fan cam” YouTube postings from the club for this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1