IGNORED

West Ham

The Original OTIB

Dare i say it it’s also a masterclass in patience and splashing the cash doesn’t always bring success, they tried that before going back to Moyes and it took him a couple of windows to remove lots of deadwood. So have faith football can change quickly as they were dire last couple of times i saw them and now look at them 

Edited by East Londoner

Football media and pundits have such short memories and reactions, to think moyes was ridiculed and made to feel past it since the united job! 

If united let moyes build his team and not sack him after less than a season in charge they would be challenging for titles in my eyes..

Even west ham got rid of him after he kept them up thinking they could do better.

Maybe our fans need to give our manager more time to build an actual team with some transfer windows and some proper investment!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, prankerd said:

Football media and pundits have such short memories and reactions, to think moyes was ridiculed and made to feel past it since the united job! 

If united let moyes build his team and not sack him after less than a season in charge they would be challenging for titles in my eyes..

Even west ham got rid of him after he kept them up thinking they could do better.

Maybe our fans need to give our manager more time to build an actual team with some transfer windows and some proper investment!

He took them from Champions to 7th, he was never surviving that.

That said, there's a certain irony in that if he hadn't already managed United, he'd probably be being talked about as a leading contender if they bin Solskjaer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, prankerd said:

This is the third team he’s built….Preston, Everton and West Ham.  Good manager, pleased for him….not today though 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He took them from Champions to 7th, he was never surviving that.

That said, there's a certain irony in that if he hadn't already managed United, he'd probably be being talked about as a leading contender if they bin Solskjaer.

Not exactly as clear cut as that is it.. they havnt been champions since and had an aging squad that fergie didnt update for years, no1 was ever going to do well after fergie without time.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 1team said:

Well Im not one to look back but to think we could have had Moyes at AG . Where would we be now?

We sure could’ve have had him before he went to Everton. He was on a family holiday in Florida, cut it short and was on his way to sign for us only to be told when he landed that Pulis got the job instead. If I recall correctly, that was a SL decision and it led to the other board members (Laycock and Davidson?) resigning. No guarantees he’d have done it here, but the rest as they say is history. Glad to see him succeeding and West Ham’s patience paying off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tin said:

We sure could’ve have had him before he went to Everton. He was on a family holiday in Florida, cut it short and was on his way to sign for us only to be told when he landed that Pulis got the job instead. If I recall correctly, that was a SL decision and it led to the other board members (Laycock and Davidson?) resigning. No guarantees he’d have done it here, but the rest as they say is history. Glad to see him succeeding and West Ham’s patience paying off.

Well I didn't want to add the bones to the story as there's enough witch hunting going on. He has proved himself to be a man of ability and integrity in what he does and we missed a trick. Spent an afternoon with Walter Smith a decade or so ago who named him as the best Scottish Manager since Jock Stein. Not a bad accolade.

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes, some time ago, could have also had Peter Taylor at the time.

Can't remember the Chairman's name at the time but he didn't go for either of these......

But went for bloody Pulis!!! ???

Apparently the short list was Joe Royle, Peter Taylor, David Moyes, Tony Pulis - good grief, what a missed opportunity ... ??

• Like 1