IGNORED

Dominic Calvert Lewin

Super

1 hour ago, Super said:

Fashion has changed a lot since my day!

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is on the front cover of The Homme + Magazine wearing a daring fashion design

? Since when?

My auntie often tells me how in the sixties her and my Dad would swap outfits for parties, dresses, kaftan, suits, all interchangeable.

Do we need to even visit the 70s and 80s ?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Happened in a primary school in Scotland, asked boys to wear a skirt for the day for inclusivity and equality (I mean that's what really promotes equality and they couldn't have done anything else). There seems to be a whole agenda pushing gender identity on young kids who just don't need to know about it at that age. It was a primary school, kids should be left alone to be kids rather than confusing them with all of this gender nonsense pushed on them. Why can they not be left alone to be kids and pretend to be whatever they want to be for the day, and as they grow up they then choose who or what they want to be? 

I don’t see an issue to be honest. Inclusivity is being pushed. I’m not sure what you think is going to happen to these kids other than them being more open to the different ways people are and the different ways people choose to live their lives. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Most Men don't dress like this and never will so why is it being pushed so much by Magazines? Just all odd and if that makes me some sort of 'phobe' then fine

That’s fashion isn’t it?

The high street never follows the designers to the nth degree.

Fashion designers and their collections set the tone of a look or a season. They often push the limits (how many times have the media scoffed at a collection for being ridiculous?) but the cut, the tone, the colors, all filter down to the high street.

Its it any different to Beckham in a sarong 20 odd years ago? I don’t think the world changed drastically after. 

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 054123 said:

? Since when?

My auntie often tells me how in the sixties her and my Dad would swap outfits for parties, dresses, tafkans, suits, all interchangeable.

Do we need to even visit the 70s and 80s ?

Disgusting. I prefer proper men like David Bowie and Marc Bolan. Mens men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Absolutely class, love it. Needs to done more tbh. 

For those saying ‘men don’t dress like this’, spoiler: they do. The whole point of having it in the public eye by a public figure is to normalise it. 

If it offends you, why? What other people wear doesn’t affect your life in any way does it? 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t see an issue to be honest. Inclusivity is being pushed. I’m not sure what you think is going to happen to these kids other than them being more open to the different ways people are and the different ways people choose to live their lives. 

It's a massive issue. Why would you or anyone want primary kids being told they can change genders and identify as whatever they want at that age, why tell them about their bodies etc. They're kids FFS, let them play as kids and pretend to be a dinosaur, Barbie or a fireman etc, it just confuses kids about something they don't need to know about in the first place. It's an odd agenda being pushed by people who call themselves progressives, think they are always doing the right thing, by pushing things to the extreme.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

It's a massive issue. Why would you or anyone want primary kids being told they can change genders and identify as whatever they want at that age, why tell them about their bodies etc. They're kids FFS, let them play as kids and pretend to be a dinosaur, Barbie or a fireman etc, it just confuses kids about something they don't need to know about in the first place. It's an odd agenda being pushed by people who call themselves progressives, think they are always doing the right thing, by pushing things to the extreme.

Unless you have had the lesson taught to you I don’t think you can judge it. I’m sure it is taught in a well rounded way rather than encouraging kids to change gender, which I suspect you really fear, and rightly so as that would be an odd thing to push on a child. 

My children are primary school age too. I’ve got no worries from what I’ve seen and heard they are being taught 

12 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Funny stuff.

That kind of high fashion is just art really, very rarely replicated on the high street. Might influence some styles but i can't see that particular outfit catching on outside of fashion circles if at all.

He's got the legs for it though.

I actually said to my skeptical Mrs a few weeks back that I reckon skirts for men will be a thing in the next decade (not just in Scotland). Men in skinny jeans was once laughable but look at the builders sueezing jnto their jeans and preening themselves before a night out nowadays!

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I actually said to my skeptical Mrs a few weeks back that I reckon skirts for men will be a thing in the next decade (not just in Scotland). Men in skinny jeans was once laughable but look at the builders sueezing jnto their jeans and preening themselves before a night out nowadays!

Seen enough fasions come and go so you can never rule it out.

Did the Beckham sarong thing ever really catch on? That caused a bit of controversy at the time...

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/10/1410364305552_wps_9_ELLE_AWARDS_Beckham_UK_PR.jpg

If this is what makes him comfortable in his own skin then crack on, I don't see that he is inflicting it on anyone else so why not.

If I'm honest I find it a bit weird/more challenging that it's a school uniform more than a "girls" uniform. While I'm being honest I would certainly be a bit more concerned if I saw my children speaking to someone dressed like that, obviously my inbuilt bias and stereotyping but not sure what else I would base my judgement on.

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If this is what makes him comfortable in his own skin then crack on, I don't see that he is inflicting it on anyone else so why not.

If I'm honest I find it a bit weird/more challenging that it's a school uniform more than a "girls" uniform. While I'm being honest I would certainly be a bit more concerned if I saw my children speaking to someone dressed like that, obviously my inbuilt bias and stereotyping but not sure what else I would base my judgement on.

Let’s be honest, it’s a fashion shoot for Arena. 

He’ll be wandering his house in flip flops and shorts this weekend!?

I don’t understand the ‘concern’ in this thread.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 1