IGNORED

“I believe in miracles” - Netflix

Robbored

Just watched the  Netflix story of Notts Forrest rise from the second division to the then first Division  under Brian Clough and Peter Taylor - followed by two consecutive European Cups. 1979 and 1980. Some great interviews with the players then and now.

Well worth watching if you’d like a trip down memory Lane. Difficult to recognise the players after 41 years tho!

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just watched the  Netflix story of Notts Forrest rise from the second division to the then first Division  under Brian Clough and Peter Taylor - followed by two consecutive European Cups. 1979 and 1980. Some great interviews with the players then and now.

Well worth watching if you’d like a trip down memory Lane. Difficult to recognise the players after 41 years tho!

Talk about getting everything out of every  player.no one including pep the best manager in the world would be able to do what he did with the players he had quite unbelievable. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Funnily enough I was watching it last night.

Before my time of course, and I had to google Larry Lloyd as I spotted his accent straight away!

7 minutes ago, red colin said:

Talk about getting everything out of every  player.no one including pep the best manager in the world would be able to do what he did with the players he had quite unbelievable. 

Yep, the Clough/Taylor combination were incredible. To take a second division outfit to back to back European Cups was an epic achievement that will never be repeated.

It was a trip down memory lane for me and those of my generation to see Clough in his pomp again. He was an incredibly fascinating man and his approach to the beautiful game was ‘keep it simple’ and it certainly worked for him. If he were still around I’d love to hear what he thinks of the modern game - I can’t imagine that he’d be too enamoured with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, the Clough/Taylor combination were incredible. To take a second division outfit to back to back European Cups was an epic achievement that will never be repeated.

It was a trip down memory lane for me and those of my generation to see Clough in his pomp again. He was an incredibly fascinating man and his approach to the beautiful game was ‘keep it simple’ and it certainly worked for him. If he were still around I’d love to hear what he thinks of the modern game - I can’t imagine that he’d be too enamoured with it.

Absolutely, I think him and Taylor proved beyond reasonable doubt that football is a simple game when played correctly.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To take a second division outfit to back to back European Cups was an epic achievement that will never be repeated.

Don't worry, City are working towards it. ?   And if you believe the hype, so are Rovers.

I've seen another documentary and one of the then Forest players reckons they could have gone on, but for some reason the team was split up after the 1980 success.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Notts forrest? How Dare You Greta GIF

• Like 1