IGNORED

QPR v Luton (tonight's tv football)

AppyDAZE

14 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

I like the way Luton are coached, set up and play.

Shows you can be both direct and organised.

A good example for us.

Don't we say that about most of the teams in our division? Can't be that difficult to be organised but it's something we can't seem to achieve.

• Like 2

Luton are a great example…several years in the making don’t forget.  Like Coventry too.

City are right at the start of our build.  City shouldn’t be though, should they?  City wasted 3-4 years in reality.  

And guess what….we aren’t starting the build from a similar position as Luton or Coventry or even City in 16/17.

City’s costs - £60m

Luton’s costs - £22m!!  That’s the efficiency Richard Gould wants for every £1.  He’s got a helluva job to get near that!

City have become a financially inefficient (massively inefficient) club.  That is gonna take some time to correct.  It’s quite scary, especially with the current transfer market.  How do you close the financial jaws of income v costs with a depressed market.  The answer is Wage bill reduction, small transfer fees (if fees at all) from excellent recruitment….and hope an Academy player or two can generate decent fees.

That is the reality.  And it takes time.  It’s more 13/14 than 16/17

15 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't we say that about most of the teams in our division? Can't be that difficult to be organised but it's something we can't seem to achieve.

We did early season…it wasn’t spectacular to watch but we were in every game.  But it highlights to lack of depth we have and how reliant we are on a small number of key players.

Its tough for many fans to show patience during bad runs.  We deserve better in many respects.  But we need to try and get behind the players and staff, try and give them the confidence.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Luton are a great example…several years in the making don’t forget.  Like Coventry too.

City are right at the start of our build.  City shouldn’t be though, should they?  City wasted 3-4 years in reality.  

And guess what….we aren’t starting the build from a similar position as Luton or Coventry or even City in 16/17.

City’s costs - £60m

Luton’s costs - £22m!!  That’s the efficiency Richard Gould wants for every £1.  He’s got a helluva job to get near that!

City have become a financially inefficient (massively inefficient) club.  That is gonna take some time to correct.  It’s quite scary, especially with the current transfer market.  How do you close the financial jaws of income v costs with a depressed market.  The answer is Wage bill reduction, small transfer fees (if fees at all) from excellent recruitment….and hope an Academy player or two can generate decent fees.

We did early season…it wasn’t spectacular to watch but we were in every game.  But it highlights to lack of depth we have and how reliant we are on a small number of key players.

Its tough for many fans to show patience during bad runs.  We deserve better in many respects.  But we need to try and get behind the players and staff, try and give them the confidence.

spirit of 82 needed dave....

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

City’s costs - £60m

There is no excuse for us not to be at the very least organised and competitive in this Division with the players available. 

None.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

No offence Toyah, but I've always much prefered your husband's music. I think you are an annoying, talentless pain in the arse.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

No offence Toyah, but I've always much prefered your husband's music. I think you are an annoying, talentless pain in the arse.

i was on minder once ad .....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

There is no excuse for us not to be at the very least organised and competitive in this Division with the players available. 

None.

You said it!

Which players though?  If the 23 players we expect to be available for selection are ready for selection tomorrow, then I expect at a minimum to see us be competitive and organised.

I honestly think we are seeing that some of our opinions of how good our players are have been clouded by when they have better players around them (leaders too).  I include myself in that too, although I don’t tend to go overboard about players very often.  You perhaps only get to see their true ability levels when they have to deliver off their own back….and several fall short don’t they?  They disappoint us.

Lets see how we go over the next 3/4 games with a small core back available.

Lets see who gets left on the bus stop (assuming it becomes obvious from the team selection / subs).

Nige has fired some shots…he will need to back it up now.  But I think you also need to be prepared to observe over a little period of time to see if it takes affect.  It’s unlikely to click overnight.  Confidence is fragile. It’s baby steps, might be one step forward, one back, etc.  Is that fair?

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

QPR not a bad example either of a club in a mess and a new financial reality to manage. Has taken them a couple of years to reset .  But they have done it . 

Yep. Costs a bit high for income, £35m / £18m, and you’d worry if that continued, but when you sell Eze for £16m that’s 20/21’s accounts sorted.

D6C097A3-1B0A-4E81-8B6B-3D4289EB903B.thumb.jpeg.0cf4397965979a8316dde5742b2406cb.jpeg

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

City’s costs - £60m

Up to the 2nd International break IMO- ie up to and including Peterborough away, I was reasonably satisfied. The 6 games from Bournemouth at home to Coventry away were largely worrying, with one good half here and there. Even vs Barnsley 2nd half we certainly were hanging on.

Agree with your post certainly...wasted some time and resources absolutely. Depth? Something we lack!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You said it!

Which players though?  If the 23 players we expect to be available for selection are ready for selection tomorrow, then I expect at a minimum to see us be competitive and organised.

I honestly think we are seeing that some of our opinions of how good our players are have been clouded by when they have better players around them (leaders too).  I include myself in that too, although I don’t tend to go overboard about players very often.  You perhaps only get to see their true ability levels when they have to deliver off their own back….and several fall short don’t they?  They disappoint us.

Lets see how we go over the next 3/4 games with a small core back available.

Lets see who gets left on the bus stop (assuming it becomes obvious from the team selection / subs).

Nige has fired some shots…he will need to back it up now.  But I think you also need to be prepared to observe over a little period of time to see if it takes affect.  It’s unlikely to click overnight.  Confidence is fragile. It’s baby steps, might be one step forward, one back, etc.  Is that fair?

Yes agree with this totally.