IGNORED

Simon Jordan

Akira

Listening to Talksport, Simon Jordan just admitted to throwing a cup of coffee at Steve Lansdown and called him a cheat, presumably because of the ghost goal. Not sure if this was common knowledge, but first I'd heard of this. Wonder what Steve's reaction was! 

Edit - turns out it wasn't because of the ghost goal, was us getting a corner in last min which we scored from but shouldn't of had the corner. Not the crime of the century in footballing terms. 

Edited by Akira

12 minutes ago, Akira said:

Listening to Talksport, Simon Jordan just admitted to throwing a cup of coffee at Steve Lansdown and called him a cheat, presumably because of the ghost goal. Not sure if this was common knowledge, but first I'd heard of this. Wonder what Steve's reaction was! 

Edit - turns out it wasn't because of the ghost goal, was us getting a corner in last min which we scored from but shouldn't of had the corner. Not the crime of the century in footballing terms. 

I heard that he was so angry that he was seeing orange.

• Haha 9

What a class act he is.

I mean it’s obvious that our chairman (who has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on during a game) is clearly responsible for the officials making a mistake, isn’t he?

You can hardly imagine SL then giving it the sort of celebration Nuno (****) did to AD, can you?

Self publicist tosser.

• Like 6

I wish the orange-faced **** would get over his obsession with us and come to terms that he was the not very successful chairman of a boring club from the armpit of Surrey who at their peak are destined only to be the 5th ranked side from Greater London. 

As a businessman he managed to lose the vast majority of his money and now ekes a living summing up everything that is wrong with Talksport. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I wish the orange-faced **** would get over his obsession with us and come to terms that he was the not very successful chairman of a boring club from the armpit of Surrey who at their peak are destined only to be the 5th ranked side from Greater London. 

As a businessman he managed to lose the vast majority of his money and now ekes a living summing up everything that is wrong with Talksport. 

Nice to think that the fact that SL is considerably richer than he is will also keep him awake at night ??

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Poor bloke said he feared for his life when once confronted by an angry mob of City fans, who I believe he described as "crazy".

Luckily for him, there were enough Police and security staff to smuggle him away safely.

I hope Lansdown at least threw a punch prawn sandwich back at him

He need not worry, the hooligans only fight other hooligans. And if that’s not true, I’m sure the palace firm would have stepped in and saved him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He need not worry, the hooligans only fight other hooligans. And if that’s not true, I’m sure the palace firm would have stepped in and saved him

Negative. They bounce around in front of each other shouting “come on” but can never quite breakthrough the invisible force field that seems to appear between them. He would have been fine 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

What a class act he is.

I mean it’s obvious that our chairman (who has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on during a game) is clearly responsible for the officials making a mistake, isn’t he?

You can hardly imagine SL then giving it the sort of celebration Nuno (****) did to AD, can you?

Self publicist tosser.

I think he definitely was but he’s in his 50s now and matured a great deal since then having made and then lost millions. He’s far less impulsive these days and he does actually talk some real sense on TalkSport

He and Jim White bounce off each really well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Christ I wish we were half as boring as they are!!

They may be the 5th ranked team in London but they have a much higher ceiling to aim for than we will ever have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Christ I wish we were half as boring as they are!!

They may be the 5th ranked team in London but they have a much higher ceiling to aim for than we will ever have.

Never envy anything from Croydon, MCR.  It's like a cross between a Russian gulag and the 7th circle of Hell. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think he definitely was but he’s in his 50s now and matured a great deal since then having made and then lost millions. He’s far less impulsive these days and he does actually talk some real sense on TalkSport

He and Jim White bounce off each really well.

I agree. While he is paid to be provocative, I think some of his comments hit the bail on the head. Particularly with regard to Football finances, and the workings of the majority of footballers contracts.

• Like 2

He comes over really well on TS. Far better than the blinkered, footballers can do no wrong Mr. Keown and many others.

You have to rememeber a lot of what he says is tongue in cheek and deliberately provocative.

Since he's been on the radio, I like him.

Funny that he got so wound up at The Gate though.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We will have a higher average this season whilst being absolutely atrocious than Palace have at second tier level for the last 43 years.

Is all you need to know about Palace.

What does that say?