IGNORED

Championship FFP- future changes?

Mr Popodopolous

56 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

I wouldn’t do that job for anything less. Thought it would have been higher given the industry. 

I can't see how anybody can object to the proposed salary bearing in mind we are paying multiples of that for some pretty crap players.

And that we were paying Ashton £500k for being utterly incompetent.

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Tracey Crouch makes this point, as does Rick Parry, in recent interviews on The Athletic's Business of Sport podcast.

Parry also said btw that it was the Premier League who insisted the freedom to sell stadiums be included in P&S rules as a condition of so called solidarity payments. I had not realised that was the case.

Okay that is very interesting. Thank you-  are these podcasts available to non-subscribers to The Athletic? Am guessing not.

The narrative for some time was that Harvey was fine with such arrangements- maybe he was deep down, or that there was an EFL oversight in transferring across the new regulations from 2016/17.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay that is very interesting. Thank you-  are these podcasts available to non-subscribers to The Athletic? Am guessing not.

The narrative for some time was that Harvey was fine with such arrangements- maybe he was deep down, or that there was an EFL oversight in transferring across the new regulations from 2016/17.

The podcast is freely available. I get it via Spotify for instance.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Tracey Crouch makes this point, as does Rick Parry, in recent interviews on The Athletic's Business of Sport podcast.

Parry also said btw that it was the Premier League who insisted the freedom to sell stadiums be included in P&S rules as a condition of so called solidarity payments. I had not realised that was the case.

Are you saying that the condition is to stop the freedom to sell the stadium or allow it? ⬇️⬇️⬇️

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought it was allowed, then the PL stopped allow stadium sale to be be allowed to be included in the FFP figures….but the copy and paste conveniently left the old rule in.  Did Purslow ask Harvey to cock up the copy and paste?

31 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes Dave me too. And retirement on benefits to look forward too

Crowdfunded required.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are you saying that the condition is to stop the freedom to sell the stadium or allow it?

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post but my recollection is to stop it. I may have to listen again though, my memory not being what it was. Old age never comes alone! 

• Haha 1

The podcast is freely available. I get it via Spotify for instance.

Thanks, found it a bit after. Listening to the one with Parry now.

A good listen most definitely- I had an idea that the P&S was copied across tied to solidarity payments but wasn't aware that the Stadium sale issue was also a mandatory condition. That's crazy thinking about it- and yet if that was a condition, then the EFL should have had carte blanche IMO to investigate newly promoted clubs on their terms at their timescale- cake and eat it much!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Pretty sure that he also said Middlesbrough are/were technically correct in terms of the Derby case. Would have to listen back for the precise wording but I do hope in the interests of fairness that the claims will get a fair hearing through the appropriate channels.

Don't see where £45m kicks in but the principle might well be a valid one- although Gibson argued about the ground yet it was the second charge- the amortisation- that did for Derby from an FFP perspective.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Sorry I wasn't clear in my post but my recollection is to stop it. I may have to listen again though, my memory not being what it was. Old age never comes alone! 

Having listened again and as Mr P has now posted also the PL imposed the rule allowing clubs to sell stadiums.