IGNORED

Not going Saturday

CyderInACan

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m currently having to endure complaints about watching the cricket on the main tv. “Turn the cricket off daddy, I want to watch cbbc” 

Turning it off would probably be a wise move to be honest. Win-win if ever there was one.

Or you could always tell them that watching England batting is a grown-ups version of CBBC.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Turning it off would probably be a wise move to be honest. Win-win if ever there was one.

Or you could always tell them that watching England batting is a grown-ups version of CBBC.

My eldest has resorted to opening up her science box and making green glowing slime with cornflour and dye. It’s actually got a lot more life to it than our top order. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fine. The graph shows the percentage of hospitalisations that end up in death, across each age group, for each of South Africa’s three waves of infections.

The earliest dates refer to the first wave (blue bars)

The second set of dates refer to the second wave (orange bars)

The third set of dates refer to the latest Omicron wave (grey bars).

There are actually four sets of dates referenced in the title but this is acknowledged as an error in the thread.

So the earlier dates have nothing to do with Omicron, it’s a comparison with earlier waves.

It demonstrates that deaths as a percentage of hospitalisations are lower for Omicron (a good thing) - but it also categorically refutes your claim that people are not dying from Omicron.

Cheers Chippenham Red - I really appreciate your reply - I still can’t see how the graph you posted proves lots of Omicron deaths in South Africa - as I stated before, your graph shows data from November 2020 to 4th December 2021 - well before the Omicron variant was identified in South Africa - anyway, I’ll ignore the fact you posted that I am unable to “interpret a graph” - perhaps it isn’t me that cannot ‘interpret a graph’ - cheers again, let’s move on ...