IGNORED

Not going Saturday

CyderInACan

• Admin
10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Yes so presumably to be in healthcare in the first place they’ve had some level of qualification and training unless I’m mistaken?

If you’re wanting more staff you’re talking about getting people from outside the industry surely? As moving people around health care doesn’t solve the problem, that’s a Tory way of adding staff like the “new” hospitals.

You can’t just take joe blogs of the street, show him a 30 minute video and let him look after a patient 

My company has over 1000 medical professionals we had a request from Government last week for our staff to volunteer and help with vaccinations

It isn't the training for giving an injection but more to do with what to do if anyone has a reaction to a vaccination 

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Yes so presumably to be in healthcare in the first place they’ve had some level of qualification and training unless I’m mistaken?

If you’re wanting more staff you’re talking about getting people from outside the industry surely? As moving people around health care doesn’t solve the problem, that’s a Tory way of adding staff like the “new” hospitals.

You can’t just take joe blogs of the street, show him a 30 minute video and let him look after a patient 

No...but you can deploy these people if there was an overload in beds due to covid spikes

The steward who checked my pass gave it a cursory glance. He was more interested in searching my bag for “cans”, when it was quite clear that I had 2 young children with me and the bag contained their gloves, scarves, iPads and a couple of snacks. 
He seemed more afraid of me trying to sneak some “cans” in with my young kids than he did of covid. 

And I assume the fact I wasn’t subject to a wanded search today means that the terrorist threat level has been reduced? Must have missed that news this week, what with everything else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, LoyalRed said:

How long is that number sustainable as s championship club I wonder 

As the official number given was 18,000 wasn’t it I doubt the club is thatvworried as the majority of the missingbwereclikely to be ST holders and the club already has that money banked. Yes they may have lost a bit on food and drink sales, but they discounted that today so possibly people that were there spent more anyway?

Getting in was a breeze, easiest for ages now the terrorist threat seems to have gone

Crowd, as others have said was about 10/12k 

With a constant breeze it all felt very safe I though I didn’t go into the Sports bar today.

Lets see what if anything happens before the next game. If it’s the same rules etc I expect a much bigger crowd.

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Getting in was a breeze, easiest for ages now the terrorist threat seems to have gone

Crowd, as others have said was about 10/12k 

With a constant breeze it all felt very safe I though I didn’t go into the Sports bar today.

Lets see what if anything happens before the next game. If it’s the same rules etc I expect a much bigger crowd.

I only didn't go due to the proximity of the game to Christmas, assuming we aren't in lock down, I expect loads to return for the next home game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

The steward who checked my pass gave it a cursory glance. He was more interested in searching my bag for “cans”, when it was quite clear that I had 2 young children with me and the bag contained their gloves, scarves, iPads and a couple of snacks. 
He seemed more afraid of me trying to sneak some “cans” in with my young kids than he did of covid. 

And I assume the fact I wasn’t subject to a wanded search today means that the terrorist threat level has been reduced? Must have missed that news this week, what with everything else. 

Welcome to the Bristol City Entrance Lottery. Which will it be next time?

1 - “Open your coats please”

2 - “Can I check your bag please”

3 - “Show us your tickets please”

4 - “Arms up for the scanner please”

5 - “Have your Covid pass ready please”

….or, none of the above?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I thought you weren’t going to attend, anything change your mind?

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can’t interpret a graph then. I give up.

No need to give up - you could explain how the graph you posted shows omicron deaths in South Africa when it clearly states it is displaying data stretching back over the last year - from November 2020 to 4th December 2021, yet the omicron variant wasn’t identified in South Africa until the end of November / start of December 2021 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

My company has over 1000 medical professionals we had a request from Government last week for our staff to volunteer and help with vaccinations

It isn't the training for giving an injection but more to do with what to do if anyone has a reaction to a vaccination 

I might be mistaken but I thought we were talking about finding staff to work in hospitals so we could open new wards, more beds etc, not for the vaccine roll out?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I might be mistaken but I thought we were talking about finding staff to work in hospitals so we could open new wards, more beds etc, not for the vaccine roll out?

We will need to find thousands of staff to plug the gaps of current frontline staff who will be hit by COVID themselves.

To maintain current staffing levels will be a miracle, let alone any increase.

It will be "badged" as an increase but in reality it obviously isn't.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to give up - you could explain how the graph you posted shows omicron deaths in South Africa when it clearly states it is displaying data stretching back over the last year - from November 2020 to 4th December 2021, yet the omicron variant wasn’t identified in South Africa until the end of November / start of December 2021 

Fine. The graph shows the percentage of hospitalisations that end up in death, across each age group, for each of South Africa’s three waves of infections.

The earliest dates refer to the first wave (blue bars)

The second set of dates refer to the second wave (orange bars)

The third set of dates refer to the latest Omicron wave (grey bars).

There are actually four sets of dates referenced in the title but this is acknowledged as an error in the thread.

So the earlier dates have nothing to do with Omicron, it’s a comparison with earlier waves.

It demonstrates that deaths as a percentage of hospitalisations are lower for Omicron (a good thing) - but it also categorically refutes your claim that people are not dying from Omicron.

6 hours ago, Pezo said:

I thought you weren’t going to attend, anything change your mind?

Yep. I covered this earlier in the thread but basically I went against my principles because my kids were pestering me to go. So I caved in to their demands, which, yes, makes me look like a bit of a **** but I just couldn’t let my kids down. 
My mates who sit around me all had a good laugh, as did I. 
I’d definitely fail the ‘are you an anarchist’ test. ?

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. I covered this earlier in the thread but basically I went against my principles because my kids were pestering me to go. So I caved in to their demands, which, yes, makes me look like a bit of a **** but I just couldn’t let my kids down. 

Ahh yes, principals are all well and good but kids are savage and don't care about your principals or civil freedoms when they want to go to football!

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Ahh yes, principals are all well and good but kids are savage and don't care about your principals or civil freedoms when they want to go to football!

Exactly. 
Plus, I’ve tried to shield my kids from as much of the covid impact on life as I possibly can. So they know nothing of tests, vaccinations, covid passes, variants, case numbers etc. 
Whilst I may have wanted to take a moral stance, I don’t want that stance to have to be explained to my innocent kids - “sorry guys, the government have implemented a semi-fascist authoritarian process which means daddy has to prove he’s had a serum injected into his body (twice, for now) in order to be able to enjoy normal life, even though 90% of the country have received their ‘protection’”. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

government have implemented a semi-fascist authoritarian process which means daddy has to prove he’s had a serum injected into his body (twice, for now) in order to be able to enjoy normal life, even though 90% of the country have received their ‘protection’”. 

What nonsense, you can also show a negative LFT.

Kids must be saying, dad you are such a drama queen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

What Harry isn't telling you, is that the kids didn't go with him.

They wanted to stay at home and watch one of those Hallmark Christmas films on Channel 5, without Dad saying 'turn this shit off'.

?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What Harry isn't telling you, is that the kids didn't go with him.

They wanted to stay at home and watch one of those Hallmark Christmas films on Channel 5, without Dad saying 'turn this shit off'.

?

I’m currently having to endure complaints about watching the cricket on the main tv. “Turn the cricket off daddy, I want to watch cbbc”