IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match day thread

Jerseybean

Thought we were very poor in the first half and at the start of the second. At 1-3 they were always going to use every trick in the book to waste time and slow it down. The ref was poor throughout. He didn’t intervene at all meaning their frustrating time wasting went unpunished. However, I’m not blaming the ref for our overall poor performance. 
We were second best and they deserved to win. 

12 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

Oh for gods sake. Fans gave him some earlier for an incident, he gives some back and then some precious little idiots decide to to throw things. Don’t give it out if you can’t take it.

And played straight into their hands, took our momentum out the game and wasted a load of time. Brain dead idiots

Just now, Jerseybean said:

Thought we were very poor in the first half and at the start of the second. At 1-3 they were always going to use every trick in the book to waste time and slow it down. The ref was poor throughout. He didn’t intervene at all meaning their frustrating time wasting went unpunished. However, I’m not blaming the ref for our overall poor performance. 
We were second best and they deserved to win. 

Perhaps a bit unfair, we were ok in the first half, arguably quite comfortable at times. Shit defending left us on the back foot.

image.thumb.jpeg.d04eb9f50df72f0018fe4f0c0c3b3011.jpeg
 Lots of knee jerk bed wetting on here as usual. There were a number of bright spots today. Go in at ht 1-1 no doubt Huddersfield deserved to be level. Quick goal after half time looked offside, Scott got caught out. Semenyo hits the post, they go down the other end and score with the help of a lucky deflection on the cross. We show some character and throw everything at them and get a deserved goal back but too late. 
Obviously some defensive errors but lots to be encouraged by. Semenyo probably had his best game in a city shirt. Benarous trying to drag us back into it at the end. Massengo with a committed all action performance.

Lots more attacking intent today. Obviously need to tighten up and no doubt that will be a frustration to Pearson and the coaching team as much as to anyone else.

No one wins every game, especially not us, but I think there was lots to build on in that performance.

Edited by HappyClapper
Double post
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed, two kids at wing back and guess where Huddersfield destroyed us………..

The Scott at RWB experiment has definitely run its course.  Looks like he needs to be rested for a few games before coming back to play in midfield.  I though Benarous did okay but don’t understand why he was picked in front of Pring, who looked good when he came on.

I would prefer a felt back four with Tanner and Pring either side of Kalas and Atkinson.  I would drop both Martin and Vyner and play 5 across midfield with AS up front.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So is Vyner the scapegoat when Bakinson is on the bench?

Vyner was back defending his box, you cant just go diving in and you can't prevent every pass. There was much worse defending for the goal than vyner.

Vyner’s no scapegoat; he’s just shit and nowhere near good enough for this level.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the pass checks getting in were a breeze. 

Don't think I broke stride, almost waived through and no security checks 

Agreed. Laughable....another group of employees taking SL for a ride.

Oh well....a fool and his money are easily parted.... 

15 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Half time

image.thumb.png.aee348268f7c47878e5927cfbeb43ece.png

Full time

image.thumb.png.35d201f5a2a18cb1189cd2f84a2b41c2.png

We scored from 1 of our 13 shots in the second half. Huddersfield scored from 2 of their 4 in the same period.

17 shots and 6 on target shows our highest numbers for those stats this season. However, bar Weimanns 2nd minute goal, our shots were of pretty low quality, or were speculative.

Normally we have an xG per shot of about 0.125, so our average shot has about a 12.5% chance of scoring. Today it was 8.8%. A big drop.

We went for quantity over quality today, and the Terrier's 'keeper was just about good enough to deal with it.

Edited by ExiledAjax