IGNORED

Pearson post match ….

Andy082005

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He didn’t say that, but this individual is on a relentless slag Pearson off mission.

He actually said we were short of players with Championship experience, which if you look at today’s side is true in half of the outfield players & also suggests Baker (still absent due to concussion protocols) is in his opinion, a big miss.

? Relentless slag Pearson off mission what 

Edited by petehinton

42 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Is that commendable honesty or throwing players under the bus? Depends if your name is Johnson or Pearson it seems.

It's not as if we are in a financial position to replace them so why say it at all?

And he also signed Simpson, who he has decided isn't good enough to start.

He didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

I think the same. I think people like him because he chucks himself in front of shots but to me he's gets caught out of position so has to do it. Another 1 that I think is part of the problem that people don't agree with is Bentley. 

Bentley reminds me of Shay Given, in the sense that he makes great saves but seems to find himself in teams that are defensively suspect to an extent that you really wonder if it is a coincidence. My questions would be how good his communication are and how much the defence trust him? With Kalas, I think there is a similar thing that - whilst he does a lot of good things - we've struggled to find a defensive unit that works around him. He's been in too many poor defensive partnerships for it to always be his partners' fault...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

What do you want, do you want him to try and put a positive spin on the nonsense we can see infront of ourselves?

It's not about progress for me - it's about trying to stay in the division while reducing our costs over the next couple seasons.

I agree almost completely. We need to see some progress and many would say that we see that with Benny and Scott. 

But just stay up!

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He’s just said on RB that Defenders aren’t good enough but they’re what we’re stuck with….

Well, you signed one of them and Kalas is one of the best defenders at this level…!

Kalas is overrated IMO. He’s decent, but was never worth the price we paid. He has little leadership qualities that I can see - and backed up by the situation with the arm band. We’ll struggle to move him on without taking a huge loss, there must be better out there than we could attract 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree almost completely. We need to see some progress and many would say that we see that with Benny and Scott. 

But just stay up!

Spot on, we can see some progress in youngsters joining the first team but that's about it - we're not going to start playing like Brazil every game, hell we're not even going to start playing like Coventry. I know everyone wants it to be better but we're far too shit in situational awareness - it ain't going to happen quickly.

The other place we will see some progress is cost to income (which us fans don't really give a shit about).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

An MP is an elected public person answerable to the public for his /her actions.

An anonymous poster is not.

Any fan is able to cast judgement on a Manager , player or owner without having to clarify who should replace them.

Lately, a very large number of posters have demanded that MA should go but never stated who should have replaced him, a number of posters believe SL should sell up but dont suggest who should buy the club.

Why should a Manager  only be criticised if an unelected anonymous poster has an alternative?

Get real- managers come and go and we are powerless to appoint them, powerless to sack them (within reason) and certainly unable to keep them if they are actually pretty good.

My God.......who rattled your chain.......the tory MP remark was a joke.  i suggest you chillout, and by the way i do not agree with a word you have said...Happy frigging Xmas

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You’re right, apart from laying into Atkinson and the lack of quality from the centre backs for the goals, he was full of praise for them

05F524AB-E0E5-4BDE-8F8D-96235A6DB05C.jpeg

700A7322-9F63-4BC7-A9D8-DCA6E8734D67.jpeg

2E6FE7B0-DB14-4BEB-B3BE-DBFCC9216522.jpeg

Fair play I stand corrected. I watched the brief bbc interview which didn’t show it. He’s right though Atkinson was terrible 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

At least Pearson has noticed that Atkinson isn’t that good. Overrated by quite a few fans. He’s young so will probably improve but still a long way to go

He’s made a massive jump in quality over the last two years. He was poor today definitely but I think he’ll improve. He has to 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bentley reminds me of Shay Given, in the sense that he makes great saves but seems to find himself in teams that are defensively suspect to an extent that you really wonder if it is a coincidence. My questions would be how good his communication are and how much the defence trust him? With Kalas, I think there is a similar thing that - whilst he does a lot of good things - we've struggled to find a defensive unit that works around him. He's been in too many poor defensive partnerships for it to always be his partners' fault...

Yes I've always said communication is a major problem at the back for City. Kalas doesn't seem like a natural leader when he was captain and Bentley either, who always seems like he'll have a mistake in him. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Re signed Bakes

Signed Simpson 

Signed Tanner 

Signed Atkinson. 

Pretty much 'his' defence 

So, honestly is he saying that his signings are rubbish??? 

Clearly he thinks Simpson is rubbish.

Baker is coming back from a head injury and Atkinson and Tanner are gaining experience but aren’t the finished article yet. 

The utter farce this bloke inherited is a stain on the club and the individuals in management/BoD/ownership who got us there . But there it is. 

Maybe you are right perhaps Pearson isn’t very good, but my perspective is Sir Alf would struggle with turning what’s available right now into a decent team  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

At least Pearson has noticed that Atkinson isn’t that good. Overrated by quite a few fans. He’s young so will probably improve but still a long way to go

Don't you think that his coaching of our defence (Does he do any coaching?) and his team selection are both questionable?  He is quick to criticise, but maybe he should take a close look at his own abilities?

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Spot on, we can see some progress in youngsters joining the first team but that's about it - we're not going to start playing like Brazil every game, hell we're not even going to start playing like Coventry. I know everyone wants it to be better but we're far too shit in situational awareness - it ain't going to happen quickly.

The other place we will see some progress is cost to income (which us fans don't really give a shit about).

Spot on! It is effing tough though isn’t it!

• Like 1

Bit harsh on Atkinson when Kalas for his age and experience wasn’t any better. At least Atkinson looked to get the ball forward, and just not lobbing it aimlessly but bringing it through the midfield. 

At times we put a few moves together today but too much passing it back to Bentley who just boots the ball upfield, our player never wins the ball and straight away we have the ball coming back at us and we are caught short.

The goals we conceded were soft, fair play to Huddersfield, but we let them waltz by us and it was far too easy for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Clearly he thinks Simpson is rubbish.

Baker is coming back from a head injury and Atkinson and Tanner are gaining experience but aren’t the finished article yet. 

The utter farce this bloke inherited is a stain on the club and the individuals in management/BoD/ownership who got us there . But there it is. 

Maybe you are right perhaps Pearson isn’t very good, but my perspective is Sir Alf would struggle with turning what’s available right now into a decent team  

100% on the owner in my book. He gave his mate Swiss free rein to build his empire here then defended the bloke from fan criticism. Nailed your colours to the mast there Stevie Boy. That makes the owner 100% responsible for the utter mess we are in.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't you think that his coaching of our defence (Does he do any coaching?) and his team selection are both questionable?  He is quick to criticise, but maybe he should take a close look at his own abilities?

Absolutely. I think he’s becoming a joke. Opponents have time and space all over the pitch every single game. Players can’t pass despite being able to pass for other clubs.  Nothing really seems to improve. He has 4 days per week with the players and nothing changes.  These players aren’t world beaters but they are better than they are performing under him.  We look worse than the sum of our parts. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s made a massive jump in quality over the last two years. He was poor today definitely but I think he’ll improve. He has to 

He seems to struggle in a back 3 and looked more comfortable when we were playing 4 at the back and being direct. 

Sadly, for him, we look far better as a team in a 3-5-2.

Wouldn't give up on him by any means but struggling at this level currently, 

I've said it previously but Pearson did bring in 7 new signings in the summer (Weimann and Baker included) and spent the best part of 2 million quid. He has been in charge for the best part of a year and we still look disorganised and lacking identity.

IF he is allowed to bring in a couple of players in January then they have to make a difference quickly otherwise i fear this season could end badly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

100% on the owner in my book. He gave his mate Swiss free rein to build his empire here then defended the bloke from fan criticism. Nailed your colours to the mast there Stevie Boy. That makes the owner 100% responsible for the utter mess we are in.

Yes the playing side does come down to that when all said and done. 

For my own tuppence I have always held SL in high regard for what he’s physically built in S Bristol. But LJ and Ashton are on him. The profligacy of the two men with SLs money is what we are all paying for now. 

The silver lining is we are seeing our own lads come through, whether supporters like it or not it will take time to build from here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

He seems to struggle in a back 3 and looked more comfortable when we were playing 4 at the back and being direct. 

Sadly, for him, we look far better as a team in a 3-5-2.

Wouldn't give up on him by any means but struggling at this level currently, 

Yeah I agree. He gets more exposed not having a left next to him . If baker isn’t back soon I’d play Pring there . It’s a more natural position . I don’t like to take kalas out of the middle but perhaps he could go right side , Atkinson centrally & drop vyner . 

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bit harsh on Atkinson when Kalas for his age and experience wasn’t any better. At least Atkinson looked to get the ball forward, and just not lobbing it aimlessly but bringing it through the midfield. 

At times we put a few moves together today but too much passing it back to Bentley who just boots the ball upfield, our player never wins the ball and straight away we have the ball coming back at us and we are caught short.

The goals we conceded were soft, fair play to Huddersfield, but we let them waltz by us and it was far too easy for them.

Exactly what I saw. To be fair Pearson said pretty much that. So at least that’s three of us!