IGNORED

Half season review with Chris Honor and Gregor MacGregor

headhunter

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

LJ signed Adam Matthews on loan (again) and said to LA he wouldn’t be guaranteed first choice.

Whether Matthews was signed with a view from above to moving LA on I’ve not idea.  It was a shit footballing decision imho. 

Thanks Dave. Did LJ say that to Luke though because of the Cheltenham photo ie he was told to get someone to replace LA?

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

Thanks Dave. Did LJ say that to Luke though because of the Cheltenham photo ie he was told to get someone to replace LA?

Who knows?  Maybe.

Imagine only accepting £250k too.  From Leeds.  Great business outbound from Mark Ashton.  Not every outgoing player was a big money deal.

I’ve listened to Owers, Latham & Honor pods. All a really good listen thanks Dave.

I like Owers, he says it as he sees it and made some good points. I liked his reference to needing ‘foot soldiers’ regarding the scouting/recruitment side of things. He was bang on there.

Latham is a really good to listen too, although he did actually make a few points I didn’t agree with and I found them a little contradicting. For example him saying we shouldn’t of sold or best players but to then also saying we will fall foul of FFP. As a youngster growing up and following City without social media, his content was always bang on though and he captured the imagination in his articles. I liked he was critical of Ashton, I think the fact that Latham said he had ‘no time for the bloke whatsoever’ is pretty telling. Love that comment. Really good listen.

As for Honor, I don’t often agree with him but he too made some really good points. Well worth a listen. I did laugh at his comparison of Weimann to an ‘out of control speed boat’ though. Not far wrong in fairness on that point and a few regarding some of the current players. All 3 well worth a listen.

• Like 1

Just listened to both of these podcasts. 

The Chris H one was OK although the audio his end was really poor and made for a difficult listen. The interviewer did still interrupt him unnecessarily but was much improved from, for example, the John Ward interview. 

The Gregor one was much better, audio pretty good although dropped a few times. Heard much more of Gregor and less of the interviewer too which was good and an entertaining listen.

Thanks for doing them.