IGNORED

Did Palmer take a pay cut to join us?

Unan

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

Give him a run of games to see what he can do when given a long enough run. We have done that with Martin this season so why not with Kasey Palmer?  In and out the team with the occasional 15min sub appearance is not enough to judge. If we have to keep paying him we might as well play him. I think there is a player in there but I agree he hasn't proved himself yet, which is why I say give him some proper game time

I think it would be very bold of Palmer to claim that he hasn't been given sufficient chances during his time with us.

Your last sentence is an interesting one. IMO it's for players to earn consecutive games by showing they are good enough, as oppose to being granted consecutive games and essentially having to prove they're not good enough.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, bonkers recruitment. £24m not including agent fees, loan fees, relocation costs, wage budget increase, etc.  Yeah, yeah, we made a lot too, but we went mad.

image.png.2d18a6138b6b5c30a703538e2f6f5c0d.png

Totally happy that opinions will differ on Palmer, typical of that type of player really.  Bentley and Nagy might be a smidge higher too.

God that list is depressing/damning. The only hope of any profit out of that is HNM and we are only even starting TK and DB (HNM most of the time).

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, bonkers recruitment. £24m not including agent fees, loan fees, relocation costs, wage budget increase, etc.  Yeah, yeah, we made a lot too, but we went mad.

image.png.2d18a6138b6b5c30a703538e2f6f5c0d.png

Totally happy that opinions will differ on Palmer, typical of that type of player really.  Bentley and Nagy might be a smidge higher too.

Imagine Nige with £24 mill to spend.. genuinely think he would have us challenging if he had those sort of funds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't see the point in that at all. I would just sell him for a hugely discounted fee to a League One club

The question is, in todays financial climate, how much would a League One club offer for a high risk player like Palmer? I agree that something is better than nothing, but then there is the problem of his estimated £20k salary. He would only be offered a fraction of his current pay, so why would he go? Perhaps the solution is for City to let him leave for nothing, à la Nagy. Then he might be able to negotiate a lump sum signing on fee with another club to compensate for his reduced salary 

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think it would be very bold of Palmer to claim that he hasn't been given sufficient chances during his time with us.

Your last sentence is an interesting one. IMO it's for players to earn consecutive games by showing they are good enough, as oppose to being granted consecutive games and essentially having to prove they're not good enough.

Which is why I compared him to Martin who IMO has proved nothing this season, but appears un droppable.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How do you expect a Lg1 club to pay a reduced fee and pay his £20k p.w wages?  He’s under contract.  If we were to sell him I’d be amazed if we 1) got any fee at all and 2) weren’t paying some if his wages for the remaining 18 months of his contract.

We need there to be a big mug out there in Lg1 who would do that sort out thing.  Ah I see where you are going…Mark Ashton’s Ipswich Town. ???

Yeah I realised I'd missed something fundamental after I wrote that message. I don't think many clubs would want Palmer anyway, even in League One

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah I realised I'd missed something fundamental after I wrote that message. I don't think many clubs would want Palmer anyway, even in League One

Unless theres a backhander going to a CEO and Agent for a deal going through  I'm sure these things must happen :)

• Flames 1