IGNORED

Gordon Taylor and the PFA

phantom

43 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Mr jordon has a massive spectrum,  in terms of opinións. 

From completely off the mark moron to perfectly reading the room. When it comes to Mr Taylor he is bang on. (well at least for me ?

I was on about Gordon Taylor!

I have a lot of time for Simon Jordan.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

My personal thoughts are Gordon Taylor isn’t a great human being but…

The wage he was earning was a standard CEO wage for a company that brings in income like PFA and he represents players that would take home £1.7m in a couple of months. 

He also represents players at the bottom end and the PFA does outstanding work in supporting players who have to re-train or enter education again. 

Support given to current and past players for physical and mental health issues is another hugely successful piece of work undertaken by the PFA.

Clearly the PFA are far from perfect but I agree In not releasing the report as all it’s going to do is start a which hunt of a 74 year old man who the new leadership of the PFA are trying to rebuild for the future. Digging up old tales does nothing. 

The talk of failing players regarding dementia research is a hot topic and an area which is needing more research and investment however I would look at the NFL and the trouble they have had recently for the same issues. 

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

My personal thoughts are Gordon Taylor isn’t a great human being but…

The wage he was earning was a standard CEO wage for a company that brings in income like PFA and he represents players that would take home £1.7m in a couple of months. 

What level of income do you think he brings into the PFA?

Heres their annual return summary for 2020 (pic below).

£1.7m for a £17m “business” is way out of kilter.  Oxfam £415m / CEO £129k.  I’m sure @headhunterwould give you a ballpark figure for a CEO salary for a £17m turnover company?  It ain’t 10% though.  The PFA are not the Premier League!

https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/charity-pay-study-2017-highest-earners/special-report/article/1427306

image.thumb.png.ab191e03621d1a5e9598c5476ff8bcf8.png

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What level of income do you think he brings into the PFA?

Heres their annual return summary for 2020 (pic below).

£1.7m for a £17m “business” is way out of kilter.  Oxfam £415m / CEO £129k.  I’m sure @headhunterwould give you a ballpark figure for a CEO salary for a £17m turnover company?  It ain’t 10% though.  The PFA are not the Premier League!

https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/charity-pay-study-2017-highest-earners/special-report/article/1427306

image.thumb.png.ab191e03621d1a5e9598c5476ff8bcf8.png

I know that the PFA get £27million a year from premier league. 
I agree it shouldn’t be 10%. 

Trade unions in general have issues with their CEO/ General Secretary. 
GMB £288,000 per year Tim roach I think?

francis O’grady TUC £169,000 . 

Even the trade union I work For( Elected position) has a General Secretary who earns £125,000 whilst other FT employees average £22,800. 

This one issue alone splits the membership but I would say being the head of any union including the PFA deserves a decent wage as the job is very challenging.

10 hours ago, Spoons said:

I know that the PFA get £27million a year from premier league. 
I agree it shouldn’t be 10%. 

Trade unions in general have issues with their CEO/ General Secretary. 
GMB £288,000 per year Tim roach I think?

francis O’grady TUC £169,000 . 

Even the trade union I work For( Elected position) has a General Secretary who earns £125,000 whilst other FT employees average £22,800. 

This one issue alone splits the membership but I would say being the head of any union including the PFA deserves a decent wage as the job is very challenging.

It’s bizarre, I see mention of £26.6m (£27m) in lots of web searches, but the accounts don’t tie up. Hey-ho. He still gets paid far too much imho even if it is £27m. 

• Like 1