IGNORED

ref for thursdays match

Never to the dark side

The ref clearly expected football to be suspended by Boris, and promised his other half a proper new years knees up.

When it became clear that there would be football over the new year, he hatched a plan to get dropped for a week by the EFL.

It's the only logical explanation.

Either that, or he was wearing one of them VR headset things and was watching a different game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Thanks, you're right of course.

I've checked out this Davies and he has done us over in the past as follows:

QPR 3 v 3 City. Very dodgy late penalty for QPR

Preston 3 v 3 City. Two soft pens for Preston, a foul for their other goal and a good Diedhiou goal disallowed.

**** me, I remember those games, the QPR penalty & one of Preston’s two were shockers.

17 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Yes, one of the more extraordinary home-town decisions I've ever seen.

I remember that BBC ******* (and Bristolian) Brendon Mitchell (“thetalkofsport” on Twitter) claiming he had a good game and there was nothing wrong with his performance.

Bit weird he was removed from our next game as 4th official and LJ had an apology from the FA then isn’t it Brendon? You cretin.

Edited by luke_bristol

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

I remember that BBC ******* (and Bristolian) Brendon Mitchell (“thetalkofsport” on Twitter) claiming he had a good game and there was nothing wrong with his performance.

Bit weird he was removed from our next game as 4th official and LJ had an apology from the FA then isn’t it Brendon? You cretin.

Bristol City fan and ex OTIB contributor

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Preston 3 v 3 City. Two soft pens for Preston, a foul for their other goal and a good Diedhiou goal disallowed.

Yes, that one at QPR was laughable. He was so easily conned by the dive.

The Preston ones: easy to give the first, for another player looking for a pen (what a surprise) and the second was an arm-up handball that was very soft but correct. 

8 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

We were pummelled in the game and Max O'Leary had a fantastic match, but the penalty was given at 0-0 in the second half. The decision smelled of a ten-day-dead kipper that had been left out in the sun in a heatwave. I see decisions from time to time in the Football League that make me wonder.

• Like 1

******* Andy Pandy would have done a better job of it. Truly awful reffing.

Not just the big stuff, but all the little cock ups too.

Eg. That thing that sticks out from the end of yer shoulder is an ARM. It ain't allowed, mate.

There was a spell in the 2nd half where he completely lost the plot, for both sides.

But then again, I'm not as qualified as Mr. Gay (local media expert / personality), so I have to accept that he got everything right.

Yeah, right.

Edited by AppyDAZE

49 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Ian Gay “the only decision the ref got wrong, which was a maybe as he goes down easily, was the Scott penalty”

Honestly, that is a phrase i just don't get? .......... should he have gone down with difficultly?  If your fouled............you are pheckin FOULED.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, shelts said:

I’m not sure what’s worse … our defending or the refs performance . 
Keep gifting teams goals . 

This is the bottom line. We are a soft touch, despite a reasonable performance this evening.

The ref was shambolic but he got their penalty right. It was a naive challenge.

Andy King's sending off was brainless, utterly brainless. I wonder what goes through a player's mind sometimes. Probably not much and that's part of the problem. It reminded me a little of the penalty Zak Vyner gave away at Coventry. 'Don't foul him, don't foul him, don't foul him...oh..'  

Just now, firstdivision said:

This is the bottom line. We are a soft touch, despite a reasonable performance this evening.

The ref was shambolic but he got their penalty right. It was a naive challenge.

Andy King's sending off was brainless, utterly brainless. I wonder what goes through a player's mind sometimes. Probably not much and that's part of the problem. It reminded me a little of the penalty Zak Vyner gave away at Coventry. 'Don't foul him, don't foul him, don't foul him...oh..'  

I don’t disagree. Clever bit of play to get into the box , schoolboy allowing him in and not challenging outside the box . We keep making basic childlike errors and it’s boring 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

**** me, I remember those games, the QPR penalty & one of Preston’s two were shockers.

The Preston one was a nightmare.  Our second goal their own player pushed their keeper over….and he guessed he’d missed our player fouling him…so with the crowd on his back after that, he then proceeded to give everything to them.

Embarrassing.  I only watched first half, and he hit countless decisions wrong.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Not defending him he was terrible but he got the sending off and their pen correct. The rest he was shocking!

I guess it depends what was said to justify King's first card. Somehow I doubt Austin and the rest of those QPR ******* were choirboys when it came to the verbals.

And why wasn't the greasy-haired *** not booked for inciting the crowd after his penalty?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Was the second penalty the 'last minute' header by CO'D, or was that a different match?

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I guess it depends what was said to justify King's first card. Somehow I doubt Austin and the rest of those QPR ******* were choirboys when it came to the verbals.

And why wasn't the greasy-haired *** not booked for inciting the crowd after his penalty?

But knowing you are on a yellow card you don't pull back the guy. I actually had no idea he picked up the yellow in the first half.

Just now, Super said:

But knowing you are on a yellow card you don't pull back the guy. I actually had no idea he picked up the yellow in the first half.

I agree. It was mental by King. No wonder he didn't want to be in the vicinity of Pearson after he left the field. I can imagine Big Nige would not be backwards in coming forwards with what he thinks of that idiocy. 

• Like 1

That's the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Usually if you make a huge mistake (the Scott penalty which at 2-0 the games probably over) then you make up for it in the 2nd half but he doubled down!

Dunne should have had 2nd yellow for that foul on semenyo-was quite nasty and it broke up play so how was that different to kings?

he seemed to give them any foul and didn't give us one! Then he topped it off by missing the handball in build up to them getting corner they scored from!

That bald P**** genuinely cost us 3 points last night!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

That's the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Usually if you make a huge mistake (the Scott penalty which at 2-0 the games probably over) then you make up for it in the 2nd half but he doubled down!

Dunne should have had 2nd yellow for that foul on semenyo-was quite nasty and it broke up play so how was that different to kings?

he seemed to give them any foul and didn't give us one! Then he topped it off by missing the handball in build up to them getting corner they scored from!

That bald P**** genuinely cost us 3 points last night!

This 100%
Why the players didn’t surround the ref, like QPR did with King, immediately after that is a mystery. Down to 10, bad decision on not getting a penalty, ref being absolute shite and having no control on the game

The QPR forum also had a thread about the Ref; https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280413/tomorrows-referee/#6

He appears to be consistently bad;

To be honest give me ten Andy Woolmers to a single Keith ‘cùnt’ Stroud every day of the week. At least he tends to be incompetent for both sides without any bias, and it does give Clive a chance to wheel out THAT Preston report from a few years back, which being present at that match certainly gave his performance the justice it deserved.

Thought he was a lot worse than Stroud last night compared with Stroud when we played B'mouth.

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

The QPR forum also had a thread about the Ref; https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/280413/tomorrows-referee/#6

He appears to be consistently bad;

To be honest give me ten Andy Woolmers to a single Keith ‘cùnt’ Stroud every day of the week. At least he tends to be incompetent for both sides without any bias, and it does give Clive a chance to wheel out THAT Preston report from a few years back, which being present at that match certainly gave his performance the justice it deserved.

Thought he was a lot worse than Stroud last night compared with Stroud when we played B'mouth.

It wasn’t Andy Woolmer.