IGNORED

Dave Rennie (the Physio not the moustache one!)

sheps

Maybe it takes time to get the team into such good shape that you don’t see many. That said, been pretty disappointed with the time missed by some key players. Williams, Massengo, King, Tanner and Semenyo(after he came back from summer injury) have been big losses at times. You can say we have had less injuries but we also have 6-7 less players than last season. Smaller squad can’t be having 5-6 of our best 18 being injured for so long. As said, hopefully it is something built over a few seasons because as a one off not that impressed. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I like what Rennie is doing, but without context of the injuries, e.g. contact, muscle, training, game, etc, it’s really difficult to assess.

We have had key players out injured for differing length of times since he has been with us.

Safe to say there is no "magic wand" for preventing injuries.

Another year will tell us how much improvement (if any) there has been on the injury front.

It can be argued for instance that Williams was injured before he arrived and COD is playing regularly now, but Cundy is still now where to be seen.

Edited by VT05763

14 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

We have had key players out injured for differing length of times since he has been with us.

Safe to say there is no "magic wand" for preventing injuries.

Another year will tell us how much improvement (if any) there has been on the injury front.

It can be argued for instance that Williams was injured before he arrived and COD is playing regularly now, but Cundy is still now where to be seen.

Played for the u-23s the other night.

Difficult to drawn any statistically robust conclusions given low volumes, but feels like last season a lot more very long/season ending injuries, this season only Williams that we’re finding very difficult to get on the pitch, plus Baker which is an issue that don’t think any medic can really solve. This year’s King/James injuries would have been Weimann/Martin etc last season, ie not ideal this season, but much shorter. Don’t necessarily think that means Rennie performing miracles, more the previous regime were poor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maybe it takes time to get the team into such good shape that you don’t see many. That said, been pretty disappointed with the time missed by some key players. Williams, Massengo, King, Tanner and Semenyo(after he came back from summer injury) have been big losses at times. You can say we have had less injuries but we also have 6-7 less players than last season. Smaller squad can’t be having 5-6 of our best 18 being injured for so long. As said, hopefully it is something built over a few seasons because as a one off not that impressed. 

Tanner was one where I felt surprised how quickly he was thrust back into the first xi, Williams I feel may be one who is more naturally prone to injuries (regardless of medical staff). As for the remainder, hard to say...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Tanner was one where I felt surprised how quickly he was thrust back into the first xi, Williams I feel may be one who is more naturally prone to injuries (regardless of medical staff). As for the remainder, hard to say...

Yea Williams is a weird one. Relatively fit before his move here. Barely played last season. Think we maybe pushed him too hard when fit this season though. If when he is fit again, maybe we only use him as a sub and spot starts to finish the season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea Williams is a weird one. Relatively fit before his move here. Barely played last season. Think we maybe pushed him too hard when fit this season though. If when he is fit again, maybe we only use him as a sub and spot starts to finish the season. 

NP did mention that they have to protect him from himself as much as ensure his fitness as he's desperate to get on the pitch. I'd agree that he needs careful management and cut out consecutive starts. As you say, a few sub appearances and a game here and there to build him up.

Shame he's injury prone at the moment as he looks the part when on the pitch and gives us a bit of bite in midfield..

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

A leading local sports broadcaster told me recently that Williams was injured when he signed for City. 

The thing that encouraged me after his joining us was what the Club posted a while back. Pearson moaned about the fitness etc when he came in, and obviously that was a long term problem, that would need a long term fix. A while after Rennie had been here, they posted the info below.

2089681942_Screenshot2022-01-10at09_27_43.png.101123d0bb75ec17d5db0b91f32917bc.png

623589071_Screenshot2022-01-10at09_27_58.png.47b418e0adcc5e7043f20e66c6307ec9.png

The things that stand out obviously, are hamstring strength improvement and robustness improvement . Both would have a positive impact on injuries you would think. I've enjoyed the videos he's done, and I'm massively more confident about the fitness and injury solving now to where we were. 

9 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

A leading local sports broadcaster told me recently that Williams was injured when he signed for City. 

Heard that a few times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I haven’t.  That’s not to say it’s not true, but I’m happy (haha) with what we were told, which was that because Wigan were all over the shop that summer, his signing for us a bit protracted, he didn’t do his close-season work properly and got injured driving through a ball on day 1.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Still loved the proper Dave Rennie - his performance in that 0-4 at Brum was just awesome - great player, given zero acknowledgement or recognition most of the time ... 

Yes, he was a really good player.   Plus he was a master of the near-post flick on from corners. 

• Like 1