IGNORED

Bristol City old boys Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid deserve our gratitude and respect, not boos

Curr Avon

20 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

A great column by City fan Matt Withers in today's Bristol Post. 

Bristol City old boys Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid deserve our gratitude and respect, not boos - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

In my opinion the boo boys can stick it up their Arsenal and aren't real fans.

I wasn't there and if I was I wouldn't boo but who are you to say who is and isn't a real fan. 

Everyone has there own opinion on things in life and as long as it doesn't over step the mark and become racist or something else like that then let it be. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Bristol City old boys Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid deserve our gratitude and respect, not boos - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Don’t agree with the booing but anyone who was paying £20+ to watch an uninspiring cup tie is clearly a real fan. 

• Like 11
  • Hmmm 1

52 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Completely with you until your last 4 words.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Greedo said:

Telling other supporters that they’re not “real fans” for booing a player who left to go to our 2nd nearest rivals is proper cuck mentality. 

it’s football, its theatre, it’s a bit of fun. Let people boo if they want. Chill out. 

Please don't encourage your 4chan-esque incel terminology to infect this place as well

• Like 1

Bryan was a big part of the double winning side, most of that team will always have my respect. Cunningham can get f*****

Reid had one good season then left & went to our rivals at the end of it, not really arsed about him too much. Didn't boo him last time he played at the gate though, but won't cry because people did either.

Albert got booed when he came over to take a corner the other week, I know everyone that does get's the same regardless, but I didn't take part in that one. Probably in my top 3 favourite City players OAT.

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Bryan was a big part of the double winning side, most of that team will always have my respect. Cunningham can get f*****

Reid had one good season then left & went to our rivals at the end of it, not really arsed about him too much. Didn't boo him last time he played at the gate though, but won't cry because people did either.

Albert got booed when he came over to take a corner the other week, I know everyone that does get's the same regardless, but I didn't take part in that one. Probably in my top 3 favourite City players OAT.

The Albert one was very puzzling.  Sometimes it can just be pantomime type booing though I guess as opposed to something more heartfelt such as Cunningham who would fully deserve it as yoI say! 

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

I thought they were saying ‘Boourns’

• Haha 3

I hate negative chants and would rather these people just cheered our players a bit more and ignored Bryan and Reid. But really it's up to them how they want to express themselves. Me, I just lost the plot with the ref when he didn't blow up for our head injury until we won the ball, and again when he blew up for theirs straight away. The words cucking and funt might have issued forth from the middle of the Dolman. I bore no anamosity toward the ref, I consider that part of the game - others won't. I guess football affects different people in different ways, and I imagine at least some of the boo boys do respect Joe and Bobby for what they did at City.

And, yes, @Carey 6, Cunningham can just get ******.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redapple said:

I wouldn’t boo them. They both did well for Bristol City, but football is very much like pantomime as the players know. They get very well paid and know they have to put up with the childishness that comes their way. 

Quite a few times this season the reaction from S28 has transcended 'childishness' and gone into dark places. A few people have trouble seeing that line and others around them are poor at telling them.

By all means acknowledge them positively before and after the game, so long as they left on good terms, but during the game? I'd suggest you weren't a real fan if you wanted to applaud them throughout the game!!

For 90 minutes whilst the game is being played, game on, anything that may give us an advantage. They're footballers at the end of the day, I doubt they'll be upset about it!!

What a strange post.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lenred said:

The Albert one was very puzzling.  Sometimes it can just be pantomime type booing though I guess as opposed to something more heartfelt such as Cunningham who would fully deserve it as yoI say! 

I clapped Albert.

I think some younger fans probably haven’t got a clue who he is.

36 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Quite a few times this season the reaction from S28 has transcended 'childishness' and gone into dark places. A few people have trouble seeing that line and others around them are poor at telling them.

I’ve got a spare torch if you think that would help?

I'm not sure I really feel either particularly deserve our gratitude and respect OR boos.

Both are good players and both did well for us. Both moved on because they felt it would benefit their careers and we got good fees for both.

I don't begrudge either of them their moves, I don't feel hard done by in terms of us losing them and I bear them no ill whatsoever. But I'm not sure I'm actually grateful to either of them. They put a shift in and I'm not going to knock them.  And I appreciate Bryan sitting in the away end at QPR and reimbursing those with his shirt number. But they're now opposition players and that's that. I'm not booing them but we don't owe them anything either. 

• Like 4

You’d think the pair of them put the south stand together the way some people have talked about them, Jesus Christ.

Turns out giving the opposition grief doesn’t make you a real fan! Frankly if they aren’t given a tribute message on the big screen every time they touch the ball next time they come back then I’ll be disgusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder what @Thatch35position on booing ex players is. 

For my tuppence, it’s a part of the game. Players expect to get a bit of hard time on the field when the whistle goes. Some give it back in spades. Ala Austin last week. 

The idea that some of a meager crowd booed Reid and Bryan is predictable and means nothing except they recognize the face of that particular individual. 

Personally I would make AG as hostile to visiting teams as any ground in the world and wouldn’t care if it upset a couple of peoples sensibilities. But hey ho we will always be the club that wanted to get a bubble machine for a home cup tie with WHU! Pearson has said himself throughout his playing career City we’re considered a soft touch at home and still were. Threads like this just reinforce that notion, for the love of god it wasn’t even that bad..I suspect the two players mentioned never once even thought about it as professionals! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Bryan I wouldn’t really give any stick but Bobby Reid left and went to a rival after one good season . 

Theres not another club that wouldn’t boo a player who left for a local rival don’t know why people are crying about it . 

Then again people on here treat dziekowski like a club legend and he was only here for a year .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KegCity said:

You’d think the pair of them put the south stand together the way some people have talked about them, Jesus Christ.

Turns out giving the opposition grief doesn’t make you a real fan! Frankly if they aren’t given a tribute message on the big screen every time they touch the ball next time they come back then I’ll be disgusted.

Joe and Bobby raising the south stand

image.png

• Haha 1

Bobby Reid has had one good season in his whole career after we stood by him during a few poor ones and couldn’t wait to **** off when it went right for him. I believe he’s scored less goals since ******* off than he did in his only good season in professional football. What’s he really done since? I wouldn’t boo personally but why the **** Matt Withers is in tears about him I couldn’t tell you.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1