IGNORED

Bristol’s best take aways

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Had family down for the weekend and we ordered from Happiness Chinese on Westbury lane ….it was again superb and everyone enjoyed it . Has to be the best Chinese in Shire/Seamills area . 
Consistently excellent food and large portions…..:yawn:

I agreed with you on this before. I actually think it might be one of the best in Bristol. Their customer service could use some work but the food is consistently excellent and good value for what you get.

• Like 1

• Admin
On 04/02/2024 at 12:29, RedEyez said:

Indian Cottage in Stockwood easily the best Indian Takeaway in South Bristol imho.

Black Pepper is pretty good as well.  

If it’s the same guy running Indian Cottage as the last time I was there, he used to work in Blue Ginger (Gilda) when the brothers who own Golden Moments in Saltford owned it and Blue Ginger was very good then, so he learnt a lot from them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Black Pepper is pretty good as well.  

If it’s the same guy running Indian Cottage as the last time I was there, he used to work in Blue Ginger (Gilda) when the brothers who own Golden Moments in Saltford owned it and Blue Ginger was very good then, so he learnt a lot from them.

Yes was gonna say GM in Saltford is also very, very good. I think it must be the same guy at the cottage because I’ve never ever had a bad curry from there and I been a regular for a good while.

I will have to give Black Pepper a try. Any recommendations? I sometimes like to mix it up a bit but always find myself going back to the old faithful (dansak).

Anyone had Gurt Wings? A van goes round Bristol/Cardiff/Swindon. 

Really good chicken with great flavours. Due round mine again next week. Not cheap but still well worth the wait. Very busy when they come up by me.