IGNORED

Bristol’s best take aways

Jerseybean

44 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

You should change your user name from Jerseybean to Jersey Royal with all of these top-fried-spud tips! 

• Haha 5

Long gone, but the one I look back on with most fondness is Flipper on Whiteladies Road.

It wasn't that the food was that great, but just that you could go there at 3am, post-club and have all manner of funny conversations and interactions with your fellow customers - and eat your scran while marvelling at the bizarre frescos,  attempting with various degrees of success to look like pop stars of the past and present. 

On 01/02/2023 at 14:25, CyderInACan said:

I've been told that the Star Chippy almost opposite Parson St School does cracking chips and the portions are mahoooosive. I'm yet to verify this though. 

there is a Star Fish Bar on Greystoke Ave in Southmead, I think they are the same people.  Their portions are also gert massive!

• Flames 1

On 11/08/2023 at 09:38, Red-Robbo said:

Long gone, but the one I look back on with most fondness is Flipper on Whiteladies Road.

It wasn't that the food was that great, but just that you could go there at 3am, post-club and have all manner of funny conversations and interactions with your fellow customers - and eat your scran while marvelling at the bizarre frescos,  attempting with various degrees of success to look like pop stars of the past and present. 

I’d forgotten the name of that place, I used to live around the corner and that place has been a late night, early morning saviour on many occasion.

One of those places you could put hidden cameras in and made a tv series out of it. 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 10:39, Isawjonshaw said:

there is a Star Fish Bar on Greystoke Ave in Southmead, I think they are the same people.  Their portions are also gert massive!

The Parson Street Star has the biggest portions i've ever seen, big enough to feed at least three people, best chippy in Bristol is still the Argus on West street though

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 09:38, Red-Robbo said:

They did the best giant Spring Rolls.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 17:42, Slippin cider said:

https://happinesschineseandfishbar.co.uk/#reviews

Superb Chinese , consistently great food and possibly the best in Bristol . 

For ages I have been recommending Passion Wok to anyone who asked about Chinese. 

Sadly, I had a delivery from them last week, and it was horrible.

On 09/10/2023 at 22:16, Superjack said:

For ages I have been recommending Passion Wok to anyone who asked about Chinese. 

That’s not good , I’ve been using Happiness now for around 10 years and can honestly say they’ve always been superb , large portions, freshly cooked , hot and delicious….consistently great! 

24 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

That’s not good , I’ve been using Happiness now for around 10 years and can honestly say they’ve always been superb , large portions, freshly cooked , hot and delicious….consistently great! 

Good to know. Might give them a try. Thanks. 👍

Shanghai Gardens on Brislington Hill near proper job is top tier. It’s a bit pricier than other places but trust me, it’s worth it. The salt and pepper chicken is banging and they do the old school half and half boxes as well (Chips, Rice + curry Source etc)

On 09/10/2023 at 22:16, Superjack said:

Edited by RedEyez
  • Like 1