IGNORED

Ranieri gone

Unan

7 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I watched the Watford loss to Norwich on Sky, they were absolutely shocking. Couldn't pass a ball 5 yards, arguing with each other, gifting the ball and terrible defending.

I do like Ranieri as a football person but I feel he's now in the same mould as Hughton, McCarthy etc, old style managers that just don't cut the mustard in the modern game anymore. 

All that said, Watford are still a basket case of a club ?

Some might argue you could include Nigel Pearson as an old style manager, the jury is still very much out but there are signs of a game plan and a change of atmosphere around the club over the last couple of games.

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Some might argue you could include Nigel Pearson as an old style manager, the jury is still very much out but there are signs of a game plan and a change of atmosphere around the club over the last couple of games.

Well in my view, the jury has retired and delivered a very positive verdict!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Very true actually and i did think when he came to us that he probably needs to succeed in this appointment, or risk being in the 'has been' category. 

Pearson took on a hell of a mess when he joined us, especially with no avaliable funds, it's just starting to come together now and I really hope he gets given the time he needs. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

Only if you start from the premise there is anything at all that connects Hughton, McCarthy & Ranieri in the first place, which I don’t.

What is this? Logan’s Run?

Moyes is exactly the same age but presumably he’s not in this category because his team are doing well? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pillred said:

If LJ was new style, measuring grass and changing width of pitch etc, give me old style NP any day of the week.

Perhaps the most important attribute of a manager in 2022 is man management.  NP meets this criterion, imo, 100%

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't think that will be the first time for them. And they will still go down

And will get well paid for doing so. The amount relegated clubs get still really annoys me but hey ho we don't have that problem yet do we ?

C'Mon  You Nige !!!

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Considering their salary and pay off when they’re sacked, it’s a pretty good job to get. Ranieri was reputedly on approx £50k per week, so he’s earned approx £800k for his short as manager plus his pay off. I’d love that sort of job 

Let's not forget tho: those pay offs come out of the pockets of ordinary supporters. I don't blame Ranieri at all - not his fault he got sacked, he had no time at all. But if I was a Watford supporter, I would be extremely pissed off with the board's policy of endless sackings + pay offs, and I would def not be putting more money into the club until that changes 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

In the last 10 years, the average length of employment for a Watford manager has been around 7 and a half months.

Since June 2011 they've made sixteen managerial appointments including 1 caretaker and Sanchez Flores twice.

Obviously stability isn’t high on their agenda……………:cool2:

• Like 1