IGNORED

LJ in Covid jab rant ...

headhunter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10451985/Sunderland-boss-claims-Covid-vaccine-players-inflammed-heart.html 

Just caught this in the Daily Mail

Lee Johnson has claimed that the heart problems affecting his goalkeeper Lee Burge could have been caused by having the Covid vaccine.

Burge, 29, has been ruled out of action for the League One side for up to five weeks because of an 'inflamed heart'. 

The goalkeeper was one of a number of Sunderland players to contract Covid-19 at the start of January but, while the others have returned to action, Burge has been unable to because of a lingering heart problem.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10451985/Sunderland-boss-claims-Covid-vaccine-players-inflammed-heart.html 

Lee Johnson has claimed that the heart problems affecting his goalkeeper Lee Burge could have been caused by having the Covid vaccine.

Burge, 29, has been ruled out of action for the League One side for up to five weeks because of an 'inflamed heart'. 

The goalkeeper was one of a number of Sunderland players to contract Covid-19 at the start of January but, while the others have returned to action, Burge has been unable to because of a lingering heart problem.

What a plank

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What he actually said was.... 

"it's more likely to be covid, but there's a chance it could be from the vaccine" 

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor" 

"I'd be ill advised to quote on the cause" 

What a piece of shit publication the Daily mail is...! 

He should be more responsible making comments like that.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

"it's more likely to be covid, but there's a chance it could be from the vaccine" 

"I don't know, I'm not a doctor" 

"I'd be ill advised to quote on the cause" 

What a piece of shit publication the Daily mail is...! 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He should be more responsible making comments like that.  

The Fail is an utter bog roll publication but for somebody as media savvy as LJ that’s a very naive thing to say in an interview

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Precisely. Just say it is a matter for the medics and leave it at that. I'm sure he wouldn't want the club doctor talking about team selection and tactics after all.

To be fair, a lot of the managers seem to be expressing their views on it. Even our very own Big Nige has made comments on the vaccines etc, I believe at one point he insinuated that other clubs could do more in getting their players jabbed, which would then result in less late cancellations. Maybe LJ could of chosen his words better, but he did confirm what it was more likely to be later. & that’s before we look at how the report tries to sensationalise the article. COYR 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

So, he doesn’t think that the Myocarditis could’ve been caused by the Covid-19 infection itself then? Surely that’s far more likely, serious viral infection causing heart inflammation….not exactly a new phenomenon.

******* crank.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah, so he did acknowledge that then.

Maybe not a completely lost case.

Theres a ‘chance’ it could be caused by many things Lee.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

To be fair, a lot of the managers seem to be expressing their views on it. Even our very own Big Nige has made comments on the vaccines etc, I believe at one point he insinuated that other clubs could do more in getting their players jabbed, which would then result in less late cancellations. Maybe LJ could of chosen his words better, but he did confirm what it was more likely to be later. & that’s before we look at how the report tries to sensationalise the article. COYR 

Yes, that's fair comment. Let's say he was a bit naive not to realise some parts of the media would jump on it for their own ends.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So, he doesn’t think that the Myocarditis could’ve been caused by the Covid-19 infection itself then? Surely that’s far more likely, serious viral infection causing heart inflammation….not exactly a new phenomenon.

******* crank.

Try reading. “We don't exactly know what caused it, it is probably the Covid.”

Shit headline from the Daily Mail and the usual crowd using it as a chance to have a pop at LJ.

Probably shouldn’t have said exactly what he said but I presume he was asked a question rather than him just making a statement.

I assume all these heart issues are being investigated, but it looks like Covid is much more likely the cause. Covid has ruined my fitness, 6 months on and I still can’t train at over 75% of max heart rate without pain.

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Shit headline from the Daily Mail and the usual crowd using it as a chance to have a pop at LJ.

Probably shouldn’t have said exactly what he said but I presume he was asked a question rather than him just making a statement.

I assume all these heart issues are being investigated, but it looks like Covid is much more likely the cause. Covid has ruined my fitness, 6 months on and I still can’t train at over 75% of max heart rate without pain.

It’s one of three things, covid, the vaccine or as most would like to believe.. simply a coincidence.  

15 hours ago, headhunter said:

I see LJ is still spinning c$*p

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

The article quotes him saying “it happens a lot after these injections”. That’s the bit that’s really irresponsible.

I haven’t seen the full press conference and should know not to believe every article I read whilst drinking Peroni, however, if he did say that then he’s a d1ck.

If he didn’t say that then the Daily Mail are a bunch of C-Units.

Either way, the Goalkeeper had a confirmed Covid infection at the beginning of January...which begs the question when exactly did he get his jab if he’s been infected in the last 3 weeks?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Selred said:

I dont think many people believe it’s a coincidence, but it’s highly likely COVID which he caught rather recently.

I think if you posted the same thing on the "covid" thread there would be a few on there suggesting it is purely a coincidence as they have done so in the past and comparing footballers deaths to previous years.

Lee Johnson is in the "game" so will have inside knowledge as to why some footballers are not taking the vaccine.  I expect he will have heard personal stories that are not announced to the press,

Purely speculation but there might be an issue taking the vaccine if you then catch covid around the same time or vise versa.  I am sure all possibilities are being looked into but I really can't see anything ever being announced if there ever was an issue with the vaccine, especially after most of us have already taken it.

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

I think if you posted the same thing on the "covid" thread there would be a few on there suggesting it is purely a coincidence as they have done so in the past and comparing footballers deaths to previous years.

Lee Johnson is in the "game" so will have inside knowledge as to why some footballers are not taking the vaccine.  I expect he will have heard personal stories that are not announced to the press,

Purely speculation but there might be an issue taking the vaccine if you then catch covid around the same time or vise versa.  I am sure all possibilities are being looked into but I really can't see anything ever being announced if there ever was an issue with the vaccine, especially after most of us have already taken it.

I don’t recall anyone saying it’s “coincidence” as such.

Many have rightly pointed out that heart problems in footballers, and athletes in general, is a well documented issue and has been on the increase. That’s to say, heart problems have always been around but there’s much more focus on it right now so it feels more common. Is it? We don’t know, we need the full data.

What most people have said in answer to accusations that the vaccine is causing issues is that it’s much more likely covid is causing an increase in issues (if there is one) than the vaccine.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It’s not a coincidence, we’ve been in the middle of a SARS Pandemic for 2 years, of course Myocarditis cases are going to increase….especially when we’re finding cases that wouldn’t have been noticed in the past or investigated in the first place.

Often any comparison to previous years, in the bizarre hope of establishing a link to the vaccine and a significant risk of serious heart inflammation, is immediately invalidated as many of the athletes in question have not even had the jab.

• Like 1