IGNORED

LJ in Covid jab rant ...

headhunter

7 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

The only small caveat in that is we are only starting to hear about this now in 2021 (post-vaccine), I don't recall this ever being mentioned in 2020 (pre-vaccine) when football was still being played behind closed doors.

Fair point, but the most famous one did (Eriksen) and we’ve had 2 bigger waves of cases since then

Also if my current state is anything to go by, for about 2-3 months after covid it was breathing I struggled with and now it’s my chest/heart 6 months on. Maybe it takes time to manifest?

I think the clear answer is none of us know enough yet but many lists that are shared all over social media include a number of athletes who didn’t have the vaccine

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It seems the more choice he has the worse he gets.

Yep. I can't totally blame LJ for mucking up the best chance we're likely to have had to get the Prem in my lifetime - he should never have been given the job - but the chap was both out of his depth and cocky with it. As was our CEO at the time. It's the cockiness that always grated, no humility whatsoever. Both thought they were God's gift...as a consequence of which I feel only slightly bad in saying that I'll delight in their every subsequent failure.

• Like 2

On 28/01/2022 at 12:37, Davefevs said:

He should be more responsible making comments like that.  

Yes he should. It’s none of anyones effing business what Illnesses his players have and it’s not up to him to make it public on their behalf. If I were the goalkeeper I’d smack him in the mouth. Sunderland FC are bound to have an HR advisor who is not looking forward to Monday!

For the record. I know to my own cost that Covid related heart problems are becoming an increasing cause for concern. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

What’s his point?

Looking at his Twitter page I can guess what his views on the subject are but I don’t want to jump the gun.

Is he doubting that Lee Burge has inflammation of the heart? 

Is he pointing out, for no apparent reason, that we’re in a Global SARS Pandemic and that cases of known complications from serious viral infection (like Myocarditis) will obviously be higher than normal?

Has he done ‘research’?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Myocarditis as a potential complication of serious (and even not so serious) viral infection? 
Oh I’ve heard it mentioned long before 2021. It’s not a new thing, even amongst younger people.

Correct.  5 year ago I became very ill, and ended up being blue lighted to hospital.  After days of tests, they found that my heart was enlarged because it had been damaged by a virus, this then caused the heart not to pump properly, which had led to a silent heart attack - which I was unaware of at the time, as I didn't have the normal symptoms.  I'm in heart failure for life now, as my heart cannot be repaired, just helped a bit by loads of medication, and I really hope that this won't be the outcome for the Sunderland keeper.

LJ did say that it was heavily weighted towards Covid having caused it, and I think that the DM did their usual thing of asking a leading question, and then fleshing out the transcript of the interview to make it sound contreversial.

Stay safe.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

I’d wager Carl Ikeme could spend 1,000 years in plenty of ‘games’ and plenty of potential occurrences in all of them would pass him by.

Personally, I don’t monitor the injury reports of every football team out there (if this is something they’d even disclose), so I also cannot claim for sure it has/hasn’t ever happened before, but safe to say neither has Carl Ikeme, so imagine his statement (while perhaps true) would hold as much weight as my own.

World is ****** when Twitter is where people look for ‘evidence’, swear to Christ.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Correct.  5 year ago I became very ill, and ended up being blue lighted to hospital.  After days of tests, they found that my heart was enlarged because it had been damaged by a virus, this then caused the heart not to pump properly, which had led to a silent heart attack - which I was unaware of at the time, as I didn't have the normal symptoms.  I'm in heart failure for life now, as my heart cannot be repaired, just helped a bit by loads of medication, and I really hope that this won't be the outcome for the Sunderland keeper.

I’m sorry to hear about this ITN, that’s really bad luck.

I don’t know your situation but I hope your medication is helping you lead as normal life as possible.

It’s good that the clubs are aware of this possible link as it’s something they are now monitoring for and taking appropriate action to help the individuals recover. 

Take care and stay safe yourself ?

I'd expect nothing less from Johnson.

I've written before about the first friend of mine who died as a result of having contracting Covid (his partner who was one of the UK's first confirmed cases suffers severe Long Covid impacts to this day.) Least likely of my friends one might imagine would die. Microclotting had wrought damage akin several heart attacks to his well maintained heart. He died out running. In his case I'll not be blaming the vaccines, he died prior to them becoming available.

But Johnson's probably right, it'll likely have been the vaccine and not the Covid infection throughout Burge's body that triggered the issue.

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What’s his point?

Looking at his Twitter page I can guess what his views on the subject are but I don’t want to jump the gun.

Is he doubting that Lee Burge has inflammation of the heart? 

Is he pointing out, for no apparent reason, that we’re in a Global SARS Pandemic and that cases of known complications from serious viral infection (like Myocarditis) will obviously be higher than normal?

Has he done ‘research’?

Let's just say there's a non-trivial chance that Carl Ikeme follows Nahki Wells and/or vice versa.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, spudski said:

Interesting comments based on Government figures re increase in heart inflammation cases in the younger generation. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/covid-vaccine-the-worrying-side-effect-that-could-lead-to-severe-heart-failure/ar-AATfvim?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

Just your typical Express headline that's been written to scare people and get themselves a click. 

1,226 as a % of 296m is 0.0004. Considering such a low risk, especially as the Gov. state most of the cases are mild, I am happy (as someone who that article states is in the most at risk group of myocarditis from vaccination) that the benefits of the vaccine comprehensively outweigh the risks. 

Anyway, this is the football side of the forum so back to that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Interesting comments based on Government figures re increase in heart inflammation cases in the younger generation. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/covid-vaccine-the-worrying-side-effect-that-could-lead-to-severe-heart-failure/ar-AATfvim?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

Any reports of any of them having Covid at any point?

We’re at a stage where so many people have been vaccinated that it could be correlation.

Also it’s a tiny tiny percentage. Terrible for the people involved but the risk from Covid for myocarditis is still much greater. I say that as I said previous as someone suffering after covid still so not making light of anyone that suffers