IGNORED

Preston away match day thread

Excellent half from us, full of energy, looking after the ball well, creating some great scoring opportunities, especially the AW chance on 38 minutes. Deserve to more further ahead, however, we are not due to our poor finishing.  Let’s hope we don’t get punished having been very much on top for 45 minutes.

H-NM, TK, AS and JD have been superb.

We are looking like a decent football team again ?

Just now, old_eastender said:

Dominant display, with some really good football played. Only issue being that we only have 1 goal to show for it. Inexplicable miss from Weimann, COD has had 2 decent chances, Semenyo so close on another 2 occasions. 0-3 would not have flattered us.

Have to assume PNE will show more in the 2nd half though.

Didnt hear it. He miss target or gk save something he shouldve scored?

1st Half summary:

As good an opening 45 as we've had all season.  1-0 doesn't do us justice.

Could shout out almost everyone.

Important to go a half without conceding having got the first.  What a super goal it was too.

O'Dowda, what an awful touch, tensed up, ended up on his right foot.

Weimann did a Chris Ewulumo, shanked it when easier to score.

Same again please.

We are as good to watch as we have been for many a year. The real frustration that half is its only one.

I am sure Preston will have a spell at some stage, but so far not really looked that troubled at the back.Not unlike in many ways the first half v Luton other than the score. Long way to go, lots can still happen of course, but those green shoots looking quite dense now.

• Like 2

PNE playing into our hands a bit by going long a lot.AS has suddenly turned in to a helluvva player. Han Noah fantastic, been everywhere. Winning most of the 50:50s. 

At defensive set pieces you can hear Klose yelling at team mates, organising everything. Has a good brain, doesn’t run anywhere but always in the right place. COYRs

We look brilliant AGAIN! How good is it to enjoy watching us. 

We still need to be a bit more precise in the final third, but really am loving what I'm seeing. 

I don't want to get carried away but if we can tie a couple of these down we could be in for an exciting season next year if we carry-on progressing.

Massengo brilliant AGAIN, Scott brilliant AGAIN. Semenyo causing all sorts of problems AGAIN. At this rate I might even change my username.

• Like 1