IGNORED

Massengo

pl00peh91

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

And yet is often called not good enough on Otib 

Only by the terminally stupid.

He's had some poor games in the past, but his innate talent was obvious from day one.  Under Pearson and Fleming this season, he's really started to look a star in the making. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Please sign a contract HNM. Would be a travesty by the club if he doesn’t. Thriving under Nigel Pearson 

Holden or Ashton or both thought he would benefit from a loan to Brum last season. After all we had Lansbury.

Thankfully he is now in safe hands with Nigel.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 2

From their forum:

Massengo is some player

Massengo = worth about 50 million judging by today. Quality player, involved with everything and never gets tired.

Preston 1 Massengo 2

Best performance I’ve seen from anyone at Deepdale all season

I think their number 42 is the player that a lot of our fan base think Alan Browne is. Not in the same universe. However, what we lack in ability we absolutely make up for it in spirit. Fair play.

Massengo in the Bristol midfield was superb, premier league clubs will be calling for him I’d expect. Best performance from an away player in some time. Does anybody have any thoughts on the last time a player came to Deepdale and played that well?

Massengo A name I think we will see in the premiership for sure

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Only by the terminally stupid.

He's had some poor games in the past, but his innate talent was obvious from day one.  Under Pearson and Fleming this season, he's really started to look a star in the making. 

Bizarre that some people only measure success and ability in terms of goals / assists - so much more to his game than that 

• Like 6

Superb footballer, always was and getting better under the current regime.

Signed by Mark Ashton, so that he could add Monaco to his list of contacts on his self-indulgent portfolio, toyed with by LJ who thought in his head he could coach him but probably confused HNM, and discarded by Dean Holden - which frankly was like Audley Harrison coaching Lennox Lewis on how to box.

Hope we build a side around him.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Holden or Ashton or both thought he would benefit from a loan to Brum last season. After all we had Lansbury.

Thankfully he is now in safe hands with Nigel.

Holden didn't have a clue how to use him so barely even tried to. I'm not sure LJ really knew either but he did at least give him a chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Globe Trotter said:

Bizarre that some people only measure success and ability in terms of goals / assists - so much more to his game than that 

I think everyone who has played the game knows there's nothing more dispiriting than trying to face up to an opponent who ties you in knots and can move the ball effortlessly around you.  That was Massengo today.  Never mind the ground he made for us and the goal assist, he must've made them feel like mugs. 

• Like 4

I've posted elsewhere that he was my motm today. Really pleased he is getting some positive press. One day he will be too good for us, but he certainly has been a joy to watch is what seems an endless run without an away win.

Pearson certainly has got the best out of him which Johnson and Holden failed to do

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Some lovely comments, very complementary. From memory I've always found Preston fans to be fair and well balanced in their dealings with us. Well done HNM, makes me proud to be a Bristol City fan...

If we could find a side that we had only lost once to in 18 games I would be incredibly nice about all of their players!!

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1