IGNORED

Defending last minute

Finley_Smith10

Think the nature of that goal is really encouraging (oddly). In the not too distant past we’d have battened down the hatches for 30 mins, sitting deeper and deeper and the 412th ball into our box would result in us conceding. Yesterday, we kept pushing for more, including the last minute, get a 3rd, improve goal difference etc. Trying to score from a 2 on 1 isn’t a bad decision for me, even in the last minute, but he didn’t get the execution quite right (albeit hindered by a poor refereeing decision and fair play to the PNE player for getting back). In the medium term a team that’s brave not timid/passive is worth some short term bumps in the road. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

If we were more ruthless in winning positions, we would win a lot more. We could have easily killed this game off in the first half. We just lack a bit of quality in the wide areas for me. 

We are heading in the right direction, we actually look a good side now. We are just a couple of players short from being playoff contenders next season.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Think the nature of that goal is really encouraging (oddly). In the not too distant past we’d have battened down the hatches for 30 mins, sitting deeper and deeper and the 412th ball into our box would result in us conceding. Yesterday, we kept pushing for more, including the last minute, get a 3rd, improve goal difference etc. Trying to score from a 2 on 1 isn’t a bad decision for me, even in the last minute, but he didn’t get the execution quite right (albeit hindered by a poor refereeing decision and fair play to the PNE player for getting back). In the medium term a team that’s brave not timid/passive is worth some short term bumps in the road. 

Just back in from a walk around the harbour.  That’s what impressed me yesterday.  Dominate first half, then concede an equaliser early on.  Expect a really tough end to the game, but we got Williams on, changed the personnel within the 3412, initially Weimann to RWB, Scott into AM, but within 2/3 mins we swapped them over to retain Weimann as the AM.  We gained control, Williams driving runs, Kalas and Pring getting forward to create territory.  Then the goal, Klose into Massengo, run, “Glenn Roeder” step-over, Semenyo, boom, goal.  Fully deserved.  Only to be undone, cruelly undone.  We looked assured on set-pieces too.