IGNORED

If games ended on 90 minutes

CiderJar

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

if we hadn't conceded those late goals. And we wouldn't have played Manchester in the semi-final had we not scored the winner against Manchester after 90 minutes of the quarter-final.

We also would’ve taken Manchester back to Ashton Gate on level terms in the Semi Final. We would’ve been denied Flints equaliser in that 2nd leg but also Manchester’s 3rd goal so it wouldn’t have mattered in the end. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We also would’ve taken Manchester back to Ashton Gate on level terms in the Semi Final. We would’ve been denied Flints equaliser in that 2nd leg but also Manchester’s 3rd goal so it wouldn’t have mattered in the end. 

So what we are saying is that football does not matter???!!!

• Haha 3

I might be wrong, only did a brief study but from my calculations we have lost 11 points in the 90th min of games this season!

Our team isnt great but with better luck and smarter game management we would be close to or in the playoffs right now, there are definitely positives to be taken with this season.

Definitely alot of negatives dont get me wrong but in the situation we our in financially our season could of gone alot different at least we have been competitive.

I feel like its going to be a really slow grind these next few seasons but i hope we dont get rid of pearson, i know some fans are not convinced but changing the manager when things get tough isnt always the best option, we need a plan and pearson in my eyes is that man, i dont see anyone else with his experience coming in and changing our fortunes.

How about we finally let the players take the blame in this modern game now, for too long managers take the buck while these overpaid players cant even sweat for the badge! 

Im started to ramble so ill leave it as that just wanted to put my 2 cents in ?

Edited by prankerd

1 hour ago, prankerd said:

I might be wrong, only did a brief study but from my calculations we have lost 11 points in the 90th min of games this season!

Our team isnt great but with better luck and smarter game management we would be close to or in the playoffs right now, there are definitely positives to be taken with this season.

Definitely alot of negatives dont get me wrong but in the situation we our in financially our season could of gone alot different at least we have been competitive.

I feel like its going to be a really slow grind these next few seasons but i hope we dont get rid of pearson, i know some fans are not convinced but changing the manager when things get tough isnt always the best option, we need a plan and pearson in my eyes is that man, i dont see anyone else with his experience coming in and changing our fortunes.

How about we finally let the players take the blame in this modern game now, for too long managers take the buck while these overpaid players cant even sweat for the badge! 

Im started to ramble so ill leave it as that just wanted to put my 2 cents in ?

Sorry i made my post not even seeing the original one ?  

The obvious counterfactual of course is, yes we would be up in or around the playoffs if games ended on 90 mins but for other clubs too.

I certainly won't be trying to work it out, but only if we had the numbers for all clubs is it viable to work out where we would otherwise be- or more accurately how the table would otherwise look.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The obvious counterfactual of course is, yes we would be up in or around the playoffs if games ended on 90 mins but for other clubs too.

I certainly won't be trying to work it out, but only if we had the numbers for all clubs is it viable to work out where we would otherwise be- or more accurately how the table would otherwise look.

Yes it is an excellent point.

But the point that I was making, in my original post, was that for all the arm waving about it,  the truth is it makes no difference at all to our position this season which is that we are neither up nor down.

To parody Boris Johnson's Kermit the Frog analogy, half way up the table is a place where we sit, there isn't really any place quite like it. We're not at the bottom. We're not at the top. So this is the place where this season stops.

And , to put yet another way, this season has ceased to be. 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If games finished on 90 minutes 'e'd still be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-SEASON!!

Edited by CiderJar