IGNORED

If games ended on 90 minutes

CiderJar

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

We would be 9 points better off and so just outside the play-offs (or pretty much already safe from relegation)  on 43 points

image.png.98affa8014509c215d72840cdc723aa8.png

Either way we are not going up and not going down this seasons so let's just enjoy the Semenyo, Scott and Massengo show whilst we've still got them?

With Williams now getting back to fitness it's a real headache as to who he replaces. Scott and Massengo definitely don't get dropped, and with Dasilva getting back into his stride I'd be keeping him in the side. The only feasible way to fit Williams in would be to drop Martin, which is again very harsh as I think he's a solid player for us and a very composed finisher when he gets into the right position. 

Screenshot_20220130-073427.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

We would be 9 points better off and so just outside the play-offs (or pretty much already safe from relegation)  on 43 points

Either way we are not going up and not going down this seasons so let's just enjoy the Semenyo, Scott and Massengo show whilst we've still got them?

I agree. They are fantastic. 

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

With Williams now getting back to fitness it's a real headache as to who he replaces. Scott and Massengo definitely don't get dropped, and with Dasilva getting back into his stride I'd be keeping him in the side. The only feasible way to fit Williams in would be to drop Martin, which is again very harsh as I think he's a solid player for us and a very composed finisher when he gets into the right position. 

Good decision to have isn’t it. A very good team performance yesterday but I though O’dowda was poor. I’d possibly be looking to (if fit) play Atkinson left of the back three . Pring , wing back. Drop Callum . 
He could also put Scott back into right wing back & play jay on the left & bring williams into midfield . 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Good decision to have isn’t it. A very good team performance yesterday but I though O’dowda was poor. I’d possibly be looking to (if fit) play Atkinson left of the back three . Pring , wing back. Drop Callum . 
He could also put Scott back into right wing back & play jay on the left & bring williams into midfield . 

Yeah that's true, I did mention the option of pushing pring forward in another thread in replace of odowda, but feel Scott is a bit wasted at rwb, and would keep the improved Dasilva there. 

Just now, P'head Red said:

Yeah that's true, I did mention the option of pushing pring forward in another thread in replace of odowda, but feel Scott is a bit wasted at rwb, and would keep the improved Dasilva there. 

Yeah Scott is wasted there I agree. Good problems to have for a change. Jay deserves to stay in the side . 

34 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Goals scored after the 90th min are still worth the same as goals scored before then, last time I checked. (I do get your point though, but I think this point has been made to death)

Of course and as others said other clubs have dropped points after 90. We even have salvaged a few after 90. Think what gets me though is I think I counted 12 points dropped after 90th min. The 12 is bad but it was over 6-7 games out of 29. That is almost 25% of the season which is why it grates so much. You expect it 2-3 times at worst over an entire season I’d guess. 

4 hours ago, P'head Red said:

O'Dowda! He has promised so much but never delivers. Hits crosses wildly and so rarely accurate and his attempts at shots are feeble to say the least. Yesterday's wild shot over the bar is a typical example.

4 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Scott should have a rest soon, played quite a few consecutive games for such a young player. So leave Martin in but replace Odowda with Pring and if Atkinson isn't fit then Vyner comes in to the back 3 imo.

5 hours ago, P'head Red said:

No.  COD is dropped.  All day long. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

O'Dowda! He has promised so much but never delivers. Hits crosses wildly and so rarely accurate and his attempts at shots are feeble to say the least. Yesterday's wild shot over the bar is a typical example.

At the moment I'd like COD to play for the 1st hour and then bring Williams on, until Williams is fully up to match fitness. . tt would be good for COD to have competion (Ngiel favours him)and  I'd actually like to see COD take the corners like he used to back in the day.

9 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Atkinson for Odowda once fit and move pring to LWB and that’s a very solid team 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s always been injury time as far as I can remember. Back before you knew how much was due to be added on was fun though!

I don't think the ref knew either as it was stop the watch for an injury, restart the watch when the sponge man left the pitch and play restarted. Hence the match always lasted for 90 minutes on the ref's watch.

• Like 1

Just now, redysteadygo said:

I don't think the ref knew either as it was stop the watch for an injury, restart the watch when the sponge man left the pitch and play restarted. Hence the match always lasted for 90 minutes on the ref's watch.

Constant whistling from the crowd once ninety minutes was up if you were hanging on to a 1-0.

Happy days!

16 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Nice Excel Table work ??????

13 hours ago, Red since 87 said:

We scored in injury time against Huddersfield, so only 8 points, still a shocking stat all the same!!!!!!

We were 3-1 down, so doesn’t matter.

17 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Anyone remember the days when games did actually end on 90 minutes regardless of injuries etc?

I'm not imagining that am I ?

That was back in the days of 10 minutes halftime wasn't it, 3 o'clock games finished at 20 to 5 and midweek games started at 7.30 and finished at 10 past 9.

38 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

If it weren't for goals in added time, we would never have enjoyed THAT Smith goal....

Absolutely! Or Nahki's fine winner at QPR season. The point of this thread, that I was trying to make, was that it makes no difference this season. We've been unlucky, or more likely a bit sloppy and careless in seeing games out, but we wouldn't be winning the league, as some would suggest, if we hadn't conceded those late goals. And we wouldn't have played Manchester in the semi-final had we not scored the winner against Manchester after 90 minutes of the quarter-final.