IGNORED

This afternoon’s games

Red Army 75

16 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Earnshaw did spend 3 years at Forest as well to be fair.

He’s Welsh though, isn’t he?

Forest have been awful, you know what Cardiff are about, loads of effort, not much skill but they look so weak.

Sums up Caerdydd to a tee

Championship LIVE: Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest score & updates - Live - BBC Sport

Fits like a glove

Cardiff City 2-0 Nottingham Forest

Michael Pearlman

BBC Sport Wales at the Cardiff City Stadium

Jordan Hugill looks like he should have always played for Cardiff.

All effort, elbows, flick-ons and headers, he is very much a Cardiff-type player.

The new players really have given Cardiff a big, big lift.

Tommy Doyle's set-pieces are going to be a problem for defences.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s Welsh though, isn’t he?

Forest have been awful, you know what Cardiff are about, loads of effort, not much skill but they look so weak.

I’d have backed Forest to win this comfortably, based on their recent form and what I saw of Cardiff last week, but they (Forest, that is) have been woeful. As somebody implied, perhaps a bit of complacency? Cooper has shown himself to be a pretty useful manager, but judging from this performance, talk of a top six finish looks optimistic, to put it mildly.

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

I’d have backed Forest to win this comfortably, based on their recent form and what I saw of Cardiff last week, but they (Forest, that is) have been woeful. As somebody implied, perhaps a bit of complacency? Cooper has shown himself to be a pretty useful manager, but judging from this performance, talk of a top six finish looks optimistic, to put it mildly.

I’ve not seen much of them this year but I’ve been shocked at how poor they’ve been.  And now it looks like they’ve lost Grabban for a good while possibly as well having let Taylor go. No way they are top 6 like you say.  

23 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Is it me, or does anyone else think Forest's away kit looks like rhubarb and custard?

Think it looks alright. I'll never understand why more clubs don't opt for that extra couple of percent advantage that having a bright colour kit brings. 

When making split second decisions, seeing a team mate in your peripheral because he stands out like a fruit salad is much more beneficial than just a standard blue/red /green colour which kinda blends into the background. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Akira said:

Think it looks alright. I'll never understand why more clubs don't opt for that extra couple of percent advantage that having a bright colour kit brings. 

When making split second decisions, seeing a team mate in your peripheral because he stands out like a fruit salad is much more beneficial than just a standard blue/red /green colour which kinda blends into the background. 

Eureka!!! Fruit Salad!! I knew it was a sweet from my youth. Mind you, they can probably view Forest's kit from space. Thanks @Akira I'm just off for a 10p mix-up (in my TARDIS).

• Haha 1

Hugill scored on debut then, guess Cardiff won't be wanting Wells this January?

As for Cardiff I hold no brief or have no love for them but in this instance it perhaps pushes Derby closer to a 3 from 4, rather than 5, 6 or more scrap for survival. I do hope they go down although a lovely relegation scenario could be Cardiff, Derby and Reading.

• Like 1