IGNORED

Six Nations

Kid in the Riot

Looking forward to it again this year. Just about over the disappointment of Wales missing out on the Slam last year ?

England were a disgrace last time out, surely must improve this time around? If they beat Scotland tomorrow (big if) then fixtures look favourable for them. 

I've got a ticket for Wales v Scotland next Sat, anyone else attending any games? 

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Don't fancy England tomorrow with the injuries.

I've bet on a Scotland win. 

Love the 6 nations. Looked at tickets for Wales v Scotland and there were plenty left, and nearly all of the seats in the non alcohol zone were available. No idea if that's still the case. 

24 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I've bet on a Scotland win. 

Love the 6 nations. Looked at tickets for Wales v Scotland and there were plenty left, and nearly all of the seats in the non alcohol zone were available. No idea if that's still the case. 

Sold out now. But there are tickets on official resale in all areas of the ground ranging from £80-120. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, I think it's worth it. Atmosphere is always class. 

My lions tickets including the fee were basically £140 each. And that's a once in a lifetime event (well I see it as that but you never know). And that's top of the top elite level. 6 nations tickets being not too much less is great value. 

1. Most active players

2. Most professional players

3. Most professional teams

4. Richest Union

I'm fed up of constantly losing to provincial nations in a game that we should be the best at. Not because we're English, but because we play it more and invest more in it than anyone else. Everytime we lose to Scotland, who have two professional sides, it should be seen as complete and utter abject failure. The fact that we've only one win in five against them is truly shocking. How Eddie Jones survived our last place (Itlay just don't count) showing last year is beyond me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

1. Most active players

2. Most professional players

3. Most professional teams

4. Richest Union

I'm fed up of constantly losing to provincial nations in a game that we should be the best at. Not because we're English, but because we play it more and invest more in it than anyone else. Everytime we lose to Scotland, who have two professional sides, it should be seen as complete and utter abject failure. The fact that we've only one win in five against them is truly shocking. How Eddie Jones survived our last place (Itlay just don't count) showing last year is beyond me.

Yep, as I like to point out, Wales have comfortably outperformed England over the past few years despite obvious disadvantages. 

Participation levels of rugby in Scotland are low, so for England now to be considered underdogs against Scotland, and lose back to back Calcutta cups, is pretty shocking.

I'm all for it tho, in Eddie we trust ?

33 minutes ago, Midred said:

I'm still not sure about the yellow card incident. He jumped, the ball bounced off his hands but from all the various shots I still couldn't see that he deliberately knocked it out off play. 

To be honest I think it was probably the most straightforward penalty try decision I've seen in ages. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, as I like to point out, Wales have comfortably outperformed England over the past few years despite obvious disadvantages. 

Participation levels of rugby in Scotland are low, so for England now to be considered underdogs against Scotland, and lose back to back Calcutta cups, is pretty shocking.

I'm all for it tho, in Eddie we trust ?

Gloating Welsh (as usual). Good result today for you also huh? You got hammered. Come back gloating when you play us at Twickenham. 

P.S Eddie Jones out after this tournament 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Gloating Welsh (as usual). Good result today for you also huh? You got hammered. Come back gloating when you play us at Twickenham. 

P.S Eddie Jones out after this tournament 

2012 2013 2019 2021 = bragging rights. 

England should win this tournament every year but embarrassingly Wales outperform them ?

Fifth last season, FIFTH!! 

Anyway, throughly enjoyed that Calcutta Cup match, ebbed and flowed nicely. Maybe on balance of play England deserved to win, but never mind! 

Eddie in ?

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

2012 2013 2019 2021 = bragging rights. 

England should win this tournament every year but embarrassingly Wales outperform them ?

Fifth last season, FIFTH!! 

Anyway, throughly enjoyed that Calcutta Cup match, ebbed and flowed nicely. Maybe on balance of play England deserved to win, but never mind! 

Eddie in ?

Not sure we should win every year, but we should be better - totally agree. Jones out for sure. Waste of space IMHO. He is know where near quick enough to pick the current talent out there. 

As for you belters over the bridge - quote your track record when you have won a World Cup (That would be never). You were poor today against a clinical Ireland 

Hard to know where Ireland are after today. I don't think I've ever seen such a one-sided win over Wales. I know they're riddled with injuries but I expected them to put up a much better performance than that.

England don't seem to make very good decisions. The penalty try was total stupidity and I didn't understand turning down 3 points to kick to the corner with a couple of minutes left. Obviously it's great if it comes off but felt like the wrong decision even before Ford didn't make the 22 with his kick.

13 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Hard to know where Ireland are after today. I don't think I've ever seen such a one-sided win over Wales. I know they're riddled with injuries but I expected them to put up a much better performance than that.

England don't seem to make very good decisions. The penalty try was total stupidity and I didn't understand turning down 3 points to kick to the corner with a couple of minutes left. Obviously it's great if it comes off but felt like the wrong decision even before Ford didn't make the 22 with his kick.

I'm actually kinda pleased we didn't take an absolute beating tbh. Think you'll win it this year. Maybe only the French will stop you? 

Given I also hold an Irish passport I suppose I  can't be too unhappy overall. ?

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm actually kinda pleased we didn't take an absolute beating tbh. Think you'll win it this year. Maybe only the French will stop you? 

Given I also hold an Irish passport I suppose I  can't be too unhappy overall. ?

I thought Wales did well to drag us into a scrappy armwrestle for the second half of the first half. They'd have been made up with 10-0 at half time. It was a hockeying really though.

Annoyingly we always peak a year before a World Cup but we've trips to Paris and London so will be hard work to win the championship.

Always good to have a foot in both camps!

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I thought Wales did well to drag us into a scrappy armwrestle for the second half of the first half. They'd have been made up with 10-0 at half time. It was a hockeying really though.

Annoyingly we always peak a year before a World Cup but we've trips to Paris and London so will be hard work to win the championship.

Always good to have a foot in both camps!

15 mins in the first half we were looking good too, just never scored. Huge change for Wales but the future does look pretty bright.

Big game now v Scots!