IGNORED

Chill your beans...!

PFree

1 minute ago, PFree said:

Why get so annoyed when we play the odd bad game and things don’t work? We aren’t going up, we aren’t going, we are a team in transition with a badly balanced, small squad? We have turned a corner generally speaking, haven’t we..?

We were all aware what we were signing up for this season, okay, yes it’s frustrating on times, but this is season one of the three we have been told it is going to take before we start looking upwards again.

Our finances are in a shocking state and it stops us signing quality players.

There are lots of positives if you care to find them, and whilst it’s disappointing, there really is no need for knee-jerk reactions when things don’t go our way.

I enjoy listening to NP’s honesty and am prepared to support his longer term aims...

We’ll get there!

The only thing worse then our finances is our defence 

One of the Worst in the league 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 1

We are where we are.

Was always likely to be a tough watch at times this season. I do think we are getting there though.

Said in the matchday thread we will finish and we are a lower midtable side.

Roll on the summer and the rebuilding can continue.

• Like 2

What makes me laugh is reading posters who defend Steve Lansdown to the hilt and then snipe at the bloke he’s given three years to get us out of the mess that Mark Ashton supported by Steve created. Have you not realised yet that your man Steve is sticking by the Manager you can’t abide……..it’s funny to read.

• Like 9

Overall poor today, didn’t really stand up to the physical battles, not enough of our players won their individual battles.

Thought HNM came out with real credit today.  That’s about it though.  Pring and Dasilva fought hard I thought.

It will provide Pearson with food for thought.  Can Williams start on Wednesday?  Does Bentley come back in?  Do we go to a back 4?

It’s a disappointing result and performance.  Shit happens.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We probably need one or two more wins. Win Wednesday and we are effectively safe with 15 games to go. 

There are some encouraging signs with our play on the ball but we look so poor at set pieces and crosses. We have another 16 games and pre season to sort that as that performance today won’t be tolerated so easily next season I don’t think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Overall poor today, didn’t really stand up to the physical battles, not enough of our players won their individual battles.

Thought HNM came out with real credit today.  That’s about it though.  Pring and Dasilva fought hard I thought.

It will provide Pearson with food for thought.  Can Williams start on Wednesday?  Does Bentley come back in?  Do we go to a back 4?

It’s a disappointing result and performance.  Shit happens.

Makes last weeks 95th min equaliser even more disappointing.  1 point from 3 away games is poor in terms of points on the board.  Win last week and everyone is more upbeat and writing today off.  Need a result on Wednesday but ironically all Readings injured players are available, so won’t be easy.   The sooner we get to 48 points the better as not home yet despite lots saying we aren’t going down.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Makes last weeks 95th min equaliser even more disappointing.  1 point from 3 away games is poor in terms of points on the board.  Win last week and everyone is more upbeat and writing today off.  Need a result on Wednesday but ironically all Readings injured players are available, so won’t be easy.   The sooner we get to 48 points the better as not home yet despite lots saying we aren’t going down.  

Genuinely interested in why you think we need 48 points 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It does but the problem is defensively shit happens every week. Is it unreasonable to expect that Nigel might have delivered some improvement in that by now? It's the one area where he is having no impact at all.

Yep, agree…I do go on about it but I honestly don’t think City are great with a back 3 and I don’t think Kalas is as good in back 3 as he is in a 2 either.

I don’t think we defend as a team well enough.  Not saying we should go 442 per se, but we need to learn how to defend in two banks, however you want to construct those two banks, number-wise and shape-wise.  We don’t get enough double-ups, it’s us that gets overloaded or 1-on-1 too often.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tin said:

We’re inconsistent and that translates into performances and results. We’ve got to take the rough with the smooth one year into a three-year project. There’s not much more to it than that.

I’d say we are 6-8 months into the project in reality.

• Like 7

Just a gut feeling as teams below will need to hit near enough play off form to get to 50 plus which is seen as usual benchmark.   It’s nothing more than a feeling and could be completely wrong but sooner we start picking up points the better and finish like end of last season and we could be in trouble.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, agree…I do go on about it but I honestly don’t think City are great with a back 3 and I don’t think Kalas is as good in back 3 as he is in a 2 either.

I don’t think we defend as a team well enough.  Not saying we should go 442 per se, but we need to learn how to defend in two banks, however you want to construct those two banks, number-wise and shape-wise.  We don’t get enough double-ups, it’s us that gets overloaded or 1-on-1 too often.

Huge problem is ball watching, Kalas guilty today

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Just a gut feeling as teams below will need to hit near enough play off form to get to 50 plus which is seen as usual benchmark.   It’s nothing more than a feeling and could be completely wrong but sooner we start picking up points the better and finish like end of last season and we could be in trouble.

Looking at the bottom 3, to get to 48 points Peterborough would need 28 more from 19 games having only got 20 from the first 27, the other 2 would need 33 & 34 more points respectively, which almost certainly won’t happen (in Barnsley’s case there’s no chance).

I doubt anyone in the current bottom 3 will get more than 44, Derby would need to win 8 draw 5 & only lose 5 to achieve even that, just can’t see it.

38 minutes ago, PFree said:

Why get so annoyed when we play the odd bad game and things don’t work? We aren’t going up, we aren’t going, we are a team in transition with a badly balanced, small squad? We have turned a corner generally speaking, haven’t we..?

We were all aware what we were signing up for this season, okay, yes it’s frustrating on times, but this is season one of the three we have been told it is going to take before we start looking upwards again.

Our finances are in a shocking state and it stops us signing quality players.

There are lots of positives if you care to find them, and whilst it’s disappointing, there really is no need for knee-jerk reactions when things don’t go our way.

I enjoy listening to NP’s honesty and am prepared to support his longer term aims...

We’ll get there!

Been working,I dare not look on the match thread then for you to post this,clueless idiots I guess