IGNORED

photos from Blackpool

Never to the dark side

On 06/02/2022 at 14:46, Bazooka Joe said:

That's probably why it's called Bleakpool.

Northern equivalent of Weston super Nightmare.

Ignoring the town itself. I visit my elderly father in law who lives right on the sea front at least twice a month, and it's a 100% better around that area than it was. I appreciate that's an improvement from a very low bar, but it feels like it's almost every week there is something built or renovated.

It is though, the worst town in North Somerset for EV charging points, which is terrible for a "tourist destination". With all those parking spaces on the sea wall, they could easily dedicate the last 20 or 30 to the new roadside chargers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Last seasons photos,

will post fresh photos for saturdays games,but there is only so many photos you can take of the same place.

Suggestions/thoughts any one?

You're obviously an affable chap NTTDS, seeing as you asked those police women for a photo. More portraits please! Pub landlords, stewards, Blackpool fans etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, underhanded said:

You're obviously an affable chap NTTDS, seeing as you asked those police women for a photo. More portraits please! Pub landlords, stewards, Blackpool fans etc.

They say that it's a sign that you are getting older when female police officers and traffic wardens appear attractive. Those two have made me realise that I am getting old. :)

*edit* And I don't mean the horses!

Edited by Port Said Red

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They say that it's a sign that you are getting older when female police officers and traffic wardens appear attractive. Those two have made me realise that I am getting old. :)

*edit* And I don't mean the horses!

For me, it's that many policemen look like little boys…

• Hmmm 1

How about a variation on bins - eg bollards?  As you usually travel by train you could take some pictures of the different benches on the platforms and any railwayana. Also we definitely should have a few selfies

Theres a pub, if you go left out of blackpool south.

Wetherspoons, named after a gentleman called the p padre.

He was sent to whitechapel, to bring the ladys of the night around to god.

Didnt quite work out, he ended up moving 12 into a flat.

The church disowned him, then he started spending a week, in a tank full of salt water charging people to look at him.

Made robert fitzharding look like mother teresa, the whole story about this is on the pub walls.

On 06/02/2022 at 00:20, sglosbcfc said:

I was just going to comment, 'is it sexist to say what a couple of crackers?' then I thought, yes it is ?

Not sexist at all, most natural thing in the world for a bloke to comment favourably on a good looking female.

They are a couple of crackers, and with those engaging smiles, all the more so.

The photo of Blackpool Tower reminds me of being herded towards the ground from the station in 75/76 (or maybe 74/75?)

Football Special anyway, and on sight of the Tower the people of Blackpool were told very loudly by the animated City masses exactly where they could stick it!

Well known chant now of course, but it seemed original at the time.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sexist at all, most natural thing in the world for a bloke to comment favourably on a good looking female.

They are a couple of crackers, and with those engaging smiles, all the more so.

And the ladies sitting on them look lovely as well