IGNORED

Kane Wilson — Confirmed

tin

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t see it anywhere on his Twitter account 

There was a Twitter user (BigRobAtkinson) who changed his profile picture and name to Pete O’Rourke and tweeted the Wilson deal was done, as opposed to actual Pete tweeting anything.

About as funny as a night out talking football with Ian Gay

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There was a Twitter user (BigRobAtkinson) who changed his profile picture and name to Pete O’Rourke and tweeted the Wilson deal was done, as opposed to actual Pete tweeting anything.

About as funny as a night out talking football with Ian Gay

That was later than the initial tweets from “stevorobins”, who seems to have started it.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was later than the initial tweets from “stevorobins”, who seems to have started it.

Weird he says he's an Argyle fan in his bio yet posts everything city related. I think its bullshit to be honest but would be over the moon to be wrong..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

If i was told 4 years ago there would be this much fuss about a right back from Forest Green I would have assumed we were laughing at the Rovers!

Yes, much better to sign somebody from Chelsea for big bucks, that guarantees success. Fans love a good "marquee signing" too.

I feel sorry for those poor Leicester fans who had Pearson signing some unknown striker from Fleetwood. What a disaster that was.

Sort it out Nige!?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Yes, much better to sign somebody from Chelsea for big bucks, that guarantees success. Fans love a good "marquee signing" too.

I feel sorry for those poor Leicester fans who had Pearson signing some unknown striker from Fleetwood. What a disaster that was.

Sort it out Nige!?

It wasn't meant in a "how the mighty have fallen" way just funny how things change over time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Sort it out Nige!?

And when he signed some random player from the French second division. I think his name was Riyad Mahrez.

3 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Can I ask why everyone is so keen on this guy? Big step up from league 2..or am I missing something?

1. Voted best player in League 2 iirc, a great prospect. We are likely to have a lot of competition for him so it could be a bit of a coup in fact.

2. Players do step up, like Ollie Watkins for example.

3. No fee involved of course so low risk and

4. If Nigel thinks he can step up that's enough for me.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve seen him twice and don’t get the obsession but trust everyone’s views that are really keen on him.

I think we could be linked to anyone of decent quality for the Right Wing Back role and it would be excitement. 

It's the position with the most urgent need of addressing. If we can secure a decent right wing back, our squad looks much more competitive. 

The bonus attraction with Wilson is he is 22 years old, League 2 player of the season, and likely on an upward trajectory in his career. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chinapig said:

1. Voted best player in League 2 iirc, a great prospect. We are likely to have a lot of competition for him so it could be a bit of a coup in fact.

2. Players do step up, like Ollie Watkins for example.

3. No fee involved of course so low risk and

4. If Nigel thinks he can step up that's enough for me.

There would be a fee, he’s too young to leave for nothing.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I’ve seen him twice and don’t get the obsession but trust everyone’s views that are really keen on him.

Not sure seeing someone twice is a lot to base much of an opinion on.

He won player of the year in L2, was in the PFA team of the season & has impressed a lot of people (both on here & journalists), who clearly know their football.

I haven’t seen him play at all so can’t comment myself, my only observation is he appears far more of a RWB than a RB, which suggests we could be sticking with a back three if he arrives.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There would be a fee, he’s too young to leave for nothing.

Not sure seeing someone twice is a lot to base much of an opinion on.

He won player of the year in L2, was in the PFA team of the season & has impressed a lot of people (both on here & journalists), who clearly know their football.

I haven’t seen him play at all so can’t comment myself, my only observation is he appears far more of a RWB than a RB, which suggests we could be sticking with a back three if he arrives.

No seeing someone twice isn’t enough to base much of an opinion. Agreed. Seems very much like he will sign so our summer business will be nearly done.  Just need a midfielder to replace Massengo and then replacements for any other first teamers we sell such as Semenyo, Kalas or Scott.  Then really need to shift some players aka Palmer, Vyner, Moore and maybe Baker and Wells.  

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No seeing someone twice isn’t enough to base much of an opinion. Agreed. Seems very much like he will sign so our summer business will be nearly done.  Just need a midfielder to replace Massengo and then replacements for any other first teamers we sell such as Semenyo, Kalas or Scott.  Then really need to shift some players aka Palmer, Vyner, Moore and maybe Baker and Wells.  

We defo need a back up striker aswell. Someone to compete with Martin cause he can’t play all season. And if injury’s occur.

• Like 1