IGNORED

So Palmer's out for 2 months with a knee injury !!!

headhunter

I know Kasey is pretty much in the land of the banished but I just read this in Gregor's Bristol World column this morning:

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-citys-midfield-hit-by-fresh-injury-as-door-opens-for-joe-williams-and-others-3557547

FFS what the hell are they doing to them at the HPC!!!

Might lead to an opportunity for Gary Owers son?

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I know Kasey is pretty much in the land of the banished but I just read this in Gregor's Bristol World column this morning:

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/bristol-citys-midfield-hit-by-fresh-injury-as-door-opens-for-joe-williams-and-others-3557547

Thank heavens our players are more robust these days or we might have an injury crisis.?

• Flames 1

Does anyone seriously believe this?

The bloke is further away from the subs bench than Marina Dolman, even Danny Simpson has made it recently.

Can’t see a circumstance where he ever plays for us again.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Does anyone seriously believe this?

The bloke is further away from the subs bench than Marina Dolman, even Danny Simpson has made it recently.

Can’t see a circumstance where he ever plays for us again.

Please. Kasey is a model professional. Model being the operative word. 

KP45 injured his neck, whilst removing the tailored fit version of next season's fruit salad coloured third shirt, designed by Damien Hirst, for the Hummel Posers Catalogue, which is the real name for the HPC.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Thought Josh played well at Failand recently. Worth a go.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a surprise…

…a sport that is faster than its ever been, has lots of contact, twists, and turns, jumping - might lead to injuries.

Interesting. With our availability record being so drastically appalling in the last few years I had always assumed we were an anomaly in terms of the wider landscape. Do you know if injuries are mostly up across the board? 

Medical team changed, our dose of bad luck unfortunately didn't. ?

Palmer may be out of the project, but given the amount of injuries we have, Pearson would have been forced to use him sooner or later, so...another problem to add to the long list. ?

Edited by Dan Robin

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What a surprise…

…a sport that is faster than its ever been, has lots of contact, twists, and turns, jumping - might lead to injuries.

Allowing for a degree of variability would that not tend to lead to a roughly similar number of injuries across clubs over time?

Perhaps it's a normal distribution with us consistently at the right hand side of the curve and if so why?

I doubt there is sufficient data available to answer that mind you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Interesting. With our availability record being so drastically appalling in the last few years I had always assumed we were an anomaly in terms of the wider landscape. Do you know if injuries are mostly up across the board? 

No, I don’t.

I wasn’t one who subscribed to Andy “Doctor Death” Rolls theories though. ? it was acknowledged (by Paddy Orme)  that they prepared pre-season 20/21 wrong.

Injuries happen.

Muscle ones are frustrating, reoccurring muscle is even more frustrating.  But even though frustrating, the length of injury was the worry last season.  This season it’s been a bit better on that front.

Joint issues are really difficult to attribute to the medical team.

The other thing is how and where do these injuries occur?

On the training ground, in a match, somewhere else.

We they a result of contact, I.e. a tackle / foul that’s caused a stretch / strain….or sprinting, etc.

I think it’s just difficult to lay blame with any confidence….and therefore subjective.

Next season, I’m gonna try to track injuries, but it’s too late to start now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Allowing for a degree of variability would that not tend to lead to a roughly similar number of injuries across clubs over time?

Perhaps it's a normal distribution with us consistently at the right hand side of the curve and if so why?

I doubt there is sufficient data available to answer that mind you.

See above, but yes, your thinking is spot on.  I don’t know the answers.  It feels worse, it might well be, than other clubs…but we don’t delve into other teams injuries like we do with City.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, I don’t.

I wasn’t one who subscribed to Andy “Doctor Death” Rolls theories though. ? it was acknowledged (by Paddy Orme)  that they prepared pre-season 20/21 wrong.

Injuries happen.

Muscle ones are frustrating, reoccurring muscle is even more frustrating.  But even though frustrating, the length of injury was the worry last season.  This season it’s been a bit better on that front.

Joint issues are really difficult to attribute to the medical team.

The other thing is how and where do these injuries occur?

On the training ground, in a match, somewhere else.

We they a result of contact, I.e. a tackle / foul that’s caused a stretch / strain….or sprinting, etc.

I think it’s just difficult to lay blame with any confidence….and therefore subjective.

Next season, I’m gonna try to track injuries, but it’s too late to start now.

All fair comment. There may be a PR issue in that by saying you are going to reduce injuries by making the players more robust you raise expectations.

Better to under promise and over deliver.

• Like 1