IGNORED

Cooper and Forest

Waconda

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We were 10th this time last year so not that crazy an opinion from the OP imo

We were indeed and we also watching some of the worst football I have ever seen from my years of being a Bristol City fan. We had one shot on target at home to Cardiff, then managed 2 against Sheff U, 1 against Watford with a 6-0 drubbing, then 1 against Reading and Holden was sacked. 

I can at least see what Pearson is trying to do, and we are miles away from those awful, monotonous performances - albeit our defending has been shocking, which nobody will disagree with. We have the likes of Scott, Han, Pring, Semenyo all starting games now, showing some unbelievable talent at young ages. We (most of us), have at least got something to look forward to now. To simply look at the League table from 12 months ago and compare the two is very short sighted imo. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Another little sly dig at Pearson I guess.  Prinny

Cooper has injected a bounce but backed heavily financially , in signings n loans

Two different jobs and two different expectations (Amongst the grounded anyway)

Is this poster someone who left posting under a different name after saying they were done with Bristol city if so why not admit it and we can judge their posts in that light (prinny

• Robin 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Blockb said:

Is this poster someone who left posting under a different name after saying they were done with Bristol city if so why not admit it and we can judge their posts in that light (prinny

It has been said before that there is the ability for the admin to be able to trace IP addresses etc, and many previous posters who were banned or left come back.

Those that were banned and get noticed will be blocked again.

I am surprised people still don't realise this

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes. But my point is 10th is not a crazy shout at all. 

Indeed. I'm somewhere between the OP and the baying mob, Both opinions are reasonable IMHO. I'd probably lean toward the consensus that, in the circumstances, NP is doing okay (although certainly not much better*), but the pitchfork reaction to a dissenting opinion I find pretty abhorrent to be honest.

*I'm talking purely in terms of results. I acknowledge that there may be huge steps being taken behind the scenes that I am unaware of.

57 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We were top 10 till about this time last year with a worse team of players available imo.

I agree with you 1 or 2 shots on target in game is not good enough. We have had games like that this season too.

We were shocking to watch, and very lucky in a lot of games to get us points on the board before Holdens sacking. Pearson has had his hands tied and has been playing with some young, inexperienced players learning their trade in the Championship, and has to contend with injuries to the players he has brought in himself. I don't think it is a fair comparison to what was here 12 months ago whatsoever, if anything he is getting a lot more out of the youngsters than most people would have expected. We are seeing patches of very decent football, creating chances, getting youngsters plenty of experience, if we can sort the defence out then maybe at a push, we would be a top 10 side imo. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

We were top 10 till about this time last year with a worse team of players available imo.

I agree with you 1 or 2 shots on target in game is not good enough. We have had games like that this season too.

Just to play devils advocate - the team that got us a good start last season was not the same team that was 10th early 2021. The team was missing, Mawson, Weimann and Paterson…and in the main looked a shadow of the team that got us off to a flyer (because it was different)???

image.thumb.jpeg.dd1fd37c89aa79941bb60fcb28198782.jpeg

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It has been said before that there is the ability for the admin to be able to trace IP addresses etc, and many previous posters who were banned or left come back.

Those that were banned and get noticed will be blocked again.

I am surprised people still don't realise this

It was a polite question no need fee sarcasm 

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have been disappointed with some things he's done. He's got some things wrong, but I am more optimistic now since he's changed our style of football to what suits these players better.

Some of the signings are very impressive, but some of the signings/re-signings were bad ones imo, and ideally we needed to get them right with a smaller squad.

Yeah very childish reactions at times to a different opinion on a forum. I don't see it in any of the other online forums I regularly go on.

To me I have never really looked at who the manager is when saying what I think. I just go on what they do.

If the day comes that I want Pearson gone then I will say so on here like I would any manager.

But I give managers a chance, and the good things that Pearson has done has me thinking he might prove to be the right appointment.

No idea if that will be the case or not. Lets see what happens.

There seem to be some fans who cannot find anything other than pure black and white.

I’m very much in favour of Nige (no surprise), but that doesn’t mean I’m not critical of things he’s done…he’s got things wrong imho from my view as a fan.

Having said that some (and I do mean some) are circumstantial and we are setting an unrealistic high bar re some of the criticisms I hear / read.

I think criticisms of physios and coaches / coaching are in many cases without foundation, are just opinion, but positioned as fact.

I think we do the same with players too.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We have a better squad this season to what we had last season imo. So I don't see how when a worse team was in the top 10 for over half the season, why would top 10 this season be such a crazy shout from the OP. 

I was not necessarily expecting top 10, but I did not see why that would not be achievable with the players we have. 

I disagree we had a better squad last season by far,

We had nagy, pato, fammy, Mawson, all very experienced players all missed badly, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We have a better squad this season to what we had last season imo. So I don't see how when a worse team was in the top 10 for over half the season, why would top 10 this season be such a crazy shout from the OP. 

I was not necessarily expecting top 10, but I did not see why that would not be achievable with the players we have. 

Of course it’s possible, but It would require a pretty big exceeding of expectations though wouldn’t it?  The middle range of expectation was circa 14th-19th!

I’m not saying it’s crazy…but your expectation of this squad wasn’t top 10 was it?

Bu the same notion we could be in the bottom 3, that’s less than the mid range expectation.  Yet some are now saying 16th / 17th is crap.

We don’t have a better squad imho.  It’s 10 players lighter for starters.

Where’s Mawson, Diedhiou, Paterson, Nagy, Sessegnon, Hunt, Lansbury, even the likes of Rowe and Mariappa.  I’ve not included Walsh, Watkins or Adelakun.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I think Pearson has done a great job with some of the kids - Scott, Pring, Massengo, Semenyo. He's got them achieving consistently in a mid Championship team.

For some though, rather than being seen as an achievement it's used as a stick to beat him with as the squad is good... you can point to Scott, and say well he's better than Paterson who left us last year. Semenyo is out performing Fam. Massengo and Nagy/Lansbury.

Well maybe that's credit to Pearson due then, rather than "Well look at these great players, we should be top 10 with them!". Maybe they're playing so well because of him, rather than in spite of him.

Any player who Pearson makes (or influences to be) good, is therefor proof we should be higher in the table because they're now a good player. It's weird logic.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I was glad we let go of all those players, and was against us re-signing Baker.

I believe we have better players now in the youngsters that are much improved, plus the good signings we made, and players being fit that were not for much of last season. Pring as well coming back from his loan makes us better.

We have been a bit light at centre back and midfield positions with Atkinson and James sometimes unavailable, but I felt we needed reliable experienced players in those positions as cover. Baker had played 200 minutes of football at the end of last season, King just 18 minutes of football last season and was approaching 33 when we signed him.

I didn't know what to expect as I didnt know how good Tanner would be, didn't know if Willians would be back fit etc.

But I think we performed worse than I would have expected in most games from what we had available until after the Coventry game. Only 4 more bad performances since that game imo so improving.

Don’t get me wrong I do think we are performing below my expectations, but only just…and in the results prediction league I do, I had us with 57 points in total, and 37 at this point…so just one win / 3 points off.  Mitigating circumstances, some of those “self-inflicted” (injuries to King).

If you look at the league table, and a very subjective view, admittedly m

image.thumb.png.5d06d7502b07815e956c9c482380fb67.png

I’d say West Brom, Sheffield Utd, Swansea, Cardiff, Reading and Barnsley are under-achieving against expectations.

Blackburn, QPR, Luton, Blackpool, Hull and Derby (ignore pts deduction) are doing better.

Us, Bournemouth, Stoke just under expectations.

Fulham, Boro, Forest, Coventry, Preston, Millwall, Brum and Peterborough broadly meeting their expectations.

I’m hoping we are improving, and even then we will have bumps in the road.

5 hours ago, Blockb said:

When you ask a polite question and are attacked by the people running the forum what is the point staying you are obviously going to keep my money good luck to you keyboard bully 

Nobody has attacked you, I can only assume you were having a bad day

As for someone to ask for their money back, there is only one person in the wrong in this thread and it is not Phantom