IGNORED

3 from 4 now.

Waconda

• Admin
6 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Odd that so baby people dislike Rooney. Englands record goal scorer? Why the hate?

A lot of it was down to two things. 

His attitude / treatment of his wife and family 

The fact he played for Man Utd 

It's worth remembering also that not everyone is an England fan or cares about international football 

• Like 4

I think a big chunk of the criticism he gets comes from how brilliant he was when he exploded into the scene. He looked like he was going to be like a Ronaldo or a Messi in terms of ability, but despite being an amazing player never hit that level. People just had an unrealistic expectation of what he should be able to do. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

I think a big chunk of the criticism he gets comes from how brilliant he was when he exploded into the scene. He looked like he was going to be like a Ronaldo or a Messi in terms of ability, but despite being an amazing player never hit that level. People just had an unrealistic expectation of what he should be able to do. 

Some of that influences my opinion.  I don’t think he was ever the same after his injury.

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

Saw stuff on Facebook saying tomorrow is a massive 6 pointer and what if the teams below win their games in hand... they won't! And it's not!

We need 5 draws from 15 games. We'll be fine.

That makes me laugh, particularly when the games in hand are against each other...............at least Sheffield United aren't one of the teams below us otherwise I really would have been worried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mozo said:

Saw stuff on Facebook saying tomorrow is a massive 6 pointer and what if the teams below win their games in hand... they won't! And it's not!

The exaggerated pessimism of some fans never ceases to amaze. I guess some need the drama and can't accept that this season is going to coast along until we're mathematically safe some time in early April.

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

The exaggerated pessimism of some fans never ceases to amaze. I guess some need the drama and can't accept that this season is going to coast along until we're mathematically safe some time in early April.

I'd go as far as saying March, the sides at the bottom are really awful 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

The thing is, if Derby do survive and come out of administration, you can assume their FFP situation, post admin, will be better than the likes of us so they will spend massively again.

Just doesn't seem right IMHO.

The only thing I would say is that if Derby survive they have survived within the rules that docked them 21 points and you can't knock them for that. The same rules that "might" (might not assuming we make at least one large sale in the Summer) see us docked 6 points and have to go from there...................if people disagree with Derby's right to stay up then points deductions would need to be 75 points to make 100% sure!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The only thing I would say is that if Derby survive they have survived within the rules that docked them 21 points and you can't knock them for that. The same rules that "might" (might not assuming we make at least one large sale in the Summer) see us docked 6 points and have to go from there...................if people disagree with Derby's right to stay up then points deductions would need to be 75 points to make 100% sure!!

I don't disagree with any of that no 1 but, they would be, essentially, debt free, allowing them to spend again while we, and many like us, that are trying to adhere to the rules, are hamstrung. That just doesn't seem right to me.