IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

This from the BBC feed seems to go directly against everyone else, no surprise coming from a Welsh player......

HT: Swansea City 0-1 Bristol City

ea93e2c9-06d2-4941-8a68-5aa0a29b5f33.jpg

Owain Tudur Jones

Former Wales midfielder and BBC Wales pundit

Ben Cabango stepped out of defence, lost possession and left a big gap.

Ryan Manning was then in two minds because he could have brought Weimann down but had he done so he'd have been sent off.

I thought he was just onside when I saw it initially but I'm not so sure after seeing the replay.

1st half summary:

Took us 15-20 mins to sort out our press...basically let the keeper Fisher have it and then let him kick into a pressing midfield or long and hopefully pick up the pieces.

With a better / clinical touch when we've pinched it we could've really done some damage.

Re the goal, looked miles offside initially, but he wasn't on the replay.  Look how he used his arm to push Manning away giving him half a yard to get his shot away...some finish too.  in same situation, O'Dowda gets outmuscled / falls over.

Very disciplined, but they are quite dangerous too when they get it into our last third.  Need to keep that discipline second half.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

Took us 15-20 mins to sort out our press...basically let the keeper Fisher have it and then let him kick into a pressing midfield or long and hopefully pick up the pieces.

With a better / clinical touch when we've pinched it we could've really done some damage.

Re the goal, looked miles offside initially, but he wasn't on the replay.  Look how he used his arm to push Manning away giving him half a yard to get his shot away...some finish too.  in same situation, O'Dowda gets outmuscled / falls over.

Very disciplined, but they are quite dangerous too when they get it into our last third.  Need to keep that discipline second half.

I was thinking the same!  

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Owain Tudur Jones

Ryan Manning was then in two minds because he could have brought Weimann down but had he done so he'd have been sent off.

I thought he was just onside when I saw it initially but I'm not so sure after seeing the replay.

Article Reactions
  •  

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

The guy cant have been reading otib as lots of evidence that its onside

Edited by Crackers Corner

Swansea forum (not many posts on there):

before goal

Game as expected, swans possession, snatched half chances, dominant side. Obafemi looking very good, Paterson seems off the pace.

post goal:

He looked offside, just seen it again and linesman wasn't up with play.

Just wound it back to watch, half a yd offside

Russ really not getting it is he. No points for possession.

Nah, onside. Can't lose this one

Not offside. Every chance they have had has come from us giving the ball away. Very frustrating.

Brizzle simply know how to play us ,as do all other teams

Not moving the ball quick enough and the usual passing for the sake of passing, which obviously slows everything we do down.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Owain Tudur Jones

Article Reactions
  •  

I think he just ballsed up his VAR job interview.