IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Swansea [A]

headhunter

We're recording at 5.00 PM.

This is the link to listen live :  https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=rmgwbfvRuqN   [recording available from 7.00 PM - LINK LATER IN THIS THREAD]

Ian, Mark & DaveP will discuss how good we were in the opening 45 minutes and then what happened next!!

Can take SMS messages if you listen on Podbean and dial in and speak if you wish - critics who think Ian is a *ell-end can tell him so to his ears!!!

FWIW, for my part today was just another one of those days -  I'm becoming punch drunk with the monotony of how crap we are defensively.

• Like 1

Just now, nellie said:

Yep clear out Vyner and the other deadwood and let him rebuild the team like I’m pretty sure he was employed to do 

The problem is with what ? Unless we sell a Scott , Semenyo or HNM we’re restricted to what we can do. We’ve got players on decent wages who simply aren’t going to get elsewhere. 
We’re heading for league one I’m afraid unless something changes. 

1 minute ago, daored said:

The problem is with what ? Unless we sell a Scott , Semenyo or HNM we’re restricted to what we can do. We’ve got players on decent wages who simply aren’t going to get elsewhere. 

And whose fault is that ?? Got to be Mr Ashton until we clear out most of his overpaid crap Nige was always going to be up the creek without a paddle I have upmost confidence he will sort this shower of shite into a team but he can’t do it in a season where he has no money to do anything 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daored said:

Slight over reaction - what do you know about those other clubs who sit beneath (some absolute basket case clubs too I might add) which gives you the definite opinion we are heading for league one next season. 

Some whopping comments on here this afternoon. Many with some right self entitlement. 

Average team loses in derby shocker. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Slight over reaction - what do you know about those other clubs who sit beneath (some absolute basket case clubs too I might add) which gives you the definite opinion we are heading for league one next season. 

Some whopping comments on here this afternoon. Many with some right self entitlement. 

Average team loses in derby shocker. 

We have been on a downward slope for two seasons now - I don’t know about other clubs situation I’m simply interested in us. Unfortunately, a downward trend results in relegation from any league for any team

7 minutes ago, nellie said:

And whose fault is that ?? Got to be Mr Ashton until we clear out most of his overpaid crap Nige was always going to be up the creek without a paddle I have upmost confidence he will sort this shower of shite into a team but he can’t do it in a season where he has no money to do anything 

I’ve wanted Pearson as manager pre Johnson so I want him to succeed. He is restricted by finances  and agree his hands are tied like any new manager would be 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Ahh the old rebuild cloud! Like he did this season with Simpson, King, James, tanner, Baker and Atkinson? That went well

To be fair we had no money to be able to do much due to the previous shit show of a CEO that bent us over and went in dry 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Ahh the old rebuild cloud! Like he did this season with Simpson, King, James, tanner, Baker and Atkinson? That went well

You think Baker, James, Atkinson & Tanner were poor signings then?

Edited by GrahamC

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

You can have King and Simpson….Baker very unfortunate, was playing his best for a couple of years.  King and Simpson were free transfers on one year deals.  Hasn’t hamstrung us, so a small positive.  James has been good when played (equiv of 20 games).  Think you’ve gone too early on Tanner and Atkinson, especially Atkinson.  You missed off Andi Weimann btw.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can have King and Simpson….Baker very unfortunate, was playing his best for a couple of years.  King and Simpson were free transfers on one year deals.  Hasn’t hamstrung us, so a small positive.  James has been good when played (equiv of 20 games).  Think you’ve gone too early on Tanner and Atkinson, especially Atkinson.  You missed off Andi Weimann btw.

I'll give you weimann, been a revelation this season. Don't particularly rate James, in fact if all our players were available he don't play. King and Simpson take up a wage that could have been better placed. Tanner wasn't even bought for this season he was one for the future but due to other crap signings and performances he was rushed in. Let's not forget Pearson also threw him under a bus earlier in the season!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I'll give you weimann, been a revelation this season. Don't particularly rate James, in fact if all our players were available he don't play. King and Simpson take up a wage that could have been better placed. Tanner wasn't even bought for this season he was one for the future but due to other crap signings and performances he was rushed in. Let's not forget Pearson also threw him under a bus earlier in the season!

Years of mismanagement and covid have left NP in this position this season 

• Like 1

No he didn’t.

He said it wasn’t working for him (West Brom), and brought him off, switching formation in the process.  There was so much tarmac and tyre marks on his after that bus throwing under incident (?), he dropped him for how many games?  None, kept his place straight for the next match.  So easy to throw out stuff that’s just not true.

He did the same with Alex Scott…hasn’t worked out too badly has it?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No he didn’t.

He said it wasn’t working for him (West Brom), and brought him off, switching formation in the process.  There was so much tarmac and tyre marks on his after that bus throwing under incident (?), he dropped him for how many games?  None, kept his place straight for the next match.  So easy to throw out stuff that’s just not true.

He did the same with Alex Scott…hasn’t worked out too badly has it?

Of course he picked him again straight away, it's what he does!

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, nellie said:

I will answer the question about what we do with the overpaid shite we can’t rid ourselves off the blame is firmly at the feet of Ashton he signed these dossers for lots you can’t blame NP for that ! Sack them for being a fraud of a footballer 

You can’t sack the players , they have a contract and the club has to honour it. It will cost us to move them on. All costs at the club are signed off at the very top , Ashton may have his faults but everything would be approved by the Lansdowns 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

You can’t sack the players , they have a contract and the club has to honour it. It will cost us to move them on. All costs at the club are signed off at the very top , Ashton may have his faults but everything would be approved by the Lansdowns 

That’s why football is wrong if I was a fraud at work I would be sacked ! 

Edited by nellie

36 minutes ago, nellie said:

I will answer the question about what we do with the overpaid shite we can’t rid ourselves off the blame is firmly at the feet of Ashton he signed these dossers for lots you can’t blame NP for that ! Sack them for being a fraud of a footballer 

Sack players and pay up their contracts ?  Madness