IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Swansea [A]

headhunter

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You said you would sack them. If you sack them you pay up their contracts 

If you steal from a employer that’s gross misconduct and is a sackable offence in any other job some of ours are doing this willingly 

Edited by nellie
  • Haha 1

I think we are 1 year into a 3 year process.

The current FFP model (fingers crossed we have a new one soon) hinders our current ability to change the personel too much.

We have 16 players OOC summer 2023, with a few of them on option years then.

With that in mind, the ones we want to keep hopefully will sign new contracts. The ones we don't, we may have to come to some sort of Nagy arrangement with, and take the hit.

We certainly can't go through next season with half the squad either not signing, or playing out their contracts (just like 20/21).

I described us on the podcast as a yo yo club performance wise at present. Win 1, lose 2, win 1, lose 2. I can't see that is going to change; and thus 6 points from every 6 games. Finishing with 46 points.

Most years that has us going down, but this year is if course a bit different, with 2 awful teams (Peterborough, Barnsley) and two naughty ones (Derby and Reading). Any other year, yes we'd be bottom 3 i reckon.

6th highest scorers (thank you Andi), and the emergence of Antoine, and Scottie has been great to watch. However we are atrocious at the back. That's not going to change this season, no matter how hard we try unfortunately. 

I get annoyed by NP's comments about getting rid of players, because we can't in this market, or due to our squad size. However he is angry, and frustrated and is venting, i understand that.

For me though, we were crying out for a couple of defensive loans. Just to freshen things up, and provide some competition. I can't believe the powers at be wouldn't have financed it if needed. However of course NP's views on loans are well known, if a bit archaic in my view.

Roll on Boro, tough game; and yes, they will be crossing balls all day to our back post from both sides with runners coming in ?.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m confused how Vyner & Simpson are committing fraud against their employer? 

One as I said is the worlds hide and seek champion and the other isn’t a footballer I could list a few more to be honest 

Edited by nellie

13 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

The current FFP model (fingers crossed we have a new one soon) hinders our current ability to change the personel too much.

With that in mind, the ones we want to keep hopefully will sign new contracts. The ones we don't, we may have to come to some sort of Nagy arrangement with, and take the hit.

We certainly can't go through next season with half the squad either not signing, or playing out their contracts (just like 20/21).

I described us on the podcast as a yo yo club performance wise at present. Win 1, lose 2, win 1, lose 2. I can't see that is going to change; and thus 6 points from every 6 games. Finishing with 46 points.

Most years that has us going down, but this year is if course a bit different, with 2 awful teams (Peterborough, Barnsley) and two naughty ones (Derby and Reading). Any other year, yes we'd be bottom 3 i reckon.

6th highest scorers (thank you Andi), and the emergence of Antoine, and Scottie has been great to watch. However we are atrocious at the back. That's not going to change this season, no matter how hard we try unfortunately. 

I get annoyed by NP's comments about getting rid of players, because we can't in this market, or due to our squad size. However he is angry, and frustrated and is venting, i understand that.

For me though, we were crying out for a couple of defensive loans. Just to freshen things up, and provide some competition. I can't believe the powers at be wouldn't have financed it if needed. However of course NP's views on loans are well known, if a bit archaic in my view.

Roll on Boro, tough game; and yes, they will be crossing balls all day to our back post from both sides with runners coming in ?.

Agree with a lot of your points , we have to be tough with players and those out of contract we have to say sign or transfer listed- admittedly there is no guarantee the players will be sold but we must do our best to get a fee. 

My comment about we may end up relegated is we simply can’t rely on their always being three worse teams - eventually we will become one of those three worse teams. Pearson is in many ways has his hand tied, he’s limited financially to who he can bring in. We’ve been fortunate with the emergence of Semenyo & Scott this season (although I do believe the coaching staff should take credit for their progress). 

8 minutes ago, nellie said:

Of cause it is if I got a job as a brain surgeon when I’m a plumber that’s fraud 

You actually serious ?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Agree with a lot of your points , we have to be tough with players and those out of contract we have to say sign or transfer listed- admittedly there is no guarantee the players will be sold but we must do our best to get a fee. 

My comment about we may end up relegated is we simply can’t rely on their always being three worse teams - eventually we will become one of those three worse teams. Pearson is in many ways has his hand tied, he’s limited financially to who he can bring in. We’ve been fortunate with the emergence of Semenyo & Scott this season (although I do believe the coaching staff should take credit for their progress). 

Yep, but not this season fortunately. I still can't quite believe we stayed up last season either. But heh ho, gift horses and all that ?.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

I agree this season we’re fine - but my concern is eventually you run out of three worse teams. 

Not really, the gap between  L1 and Champ is massive unless 3 big clubs come up who can invest heavily. The favourites for Champ relegation 22/23 as of February 22 is blatantly Rotherham

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not really, the gap between  L1 and Champ is massive unless 3 big clubs come up who can invest heavily. The favourites for Champ relegation 22/23 as of February 22 is blatantly Rotherham

Rotherham you would suspect will yo yo again, but one year they’ve got to stay up. Haven’t Wigan been taken over ? Agree the gap is huge and every year gets bigger 

1 hour ago, nellie said:

I will answer the question about what we do with the overpaid shite we can’t rid ourselves off the blame is firmly at the feet of Ashton he signed these dossers for lots you can’t blame NP for that ! Sack them for being a fraud of a footballer 

What I don’t get on OTIB is the number of posters who slag our players off as not good enough, but expect them to play much better than they actually rate them.  How does that work?

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

You said you would sack them. If you sack them you pay up their contracts 

If you have the right grounds to sack them, you don’t pay up their contract.  Obviously have to find the right grounds.  Kicking a cat would be grounds to sack / dismiss.

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Well this thread has fallen into the realms of bizarre! 

Plumbers and brain surgeons, hide and seek, paying up contracts of players who you have to pay. 

Its hard when we lose, harder to read his dross!

even more bizarre people thinking NP is the problem to be honest 

Edited by nellie

48 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Agree, but just a couple of additional points;

Aside from those out of contract (Martin, COD, King, Simpson, Cundy), we have 2 types who are under contract that we need to think about moving on, the likes of Bakinson & some of those out on loan at present who probably don’t have a future here (so Sam Pearson & Janneh) all of whom are on wages that sides in divisions below can afford, so are possibly easier to shift.

Then the Palmer, Dasilva, Wells ones which will be nigh on impossible.

As for defensive loans, I think we made the calculated gamble in January that Klose aside, we didn’t need to spend anything on wages in order to survive.

Him, Cundy & the young lad on the bench today are all only under contract until June, we need to give them the opportunity to show whether they are worth another deal or not now.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the recording of our live broadcast:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/easy-to-blame-stroud-on-that-pen-but-that-covers-up-the-defensive-frailties-that-define-us/

Another Groundhog Day debate featuring Neil Sutton, Mark Tovey and Ian Gay with Dave Pottier in the chair.

Once again we have a more moderate Ian whose pick for the 11 to face a rampant Boro side next weekend gets the nod from the rest of the panel.

Must admit the highlight each episode for me is becoming the selection of the intro music - anyone care to name this week's choice?

3 hours ago, daored said:

We have been on a downward slope for two seasons now - I don’t know about other clubs situation I’m simply interested in us. Unfortunately, a downward trend results in relegation from any league for any team

If you don’t know about other clubs situations then you aren’t equipped with all the information you need to make predictions about relegation.

21 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Here's a link to the recording of our live broadcast:

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/easy-to-blame-stroud-on-that-pen-but-that-covers-up-the-defensive-frailties-that-define-us/

Another Groundhog Day debate featuring Neil Sutton, Mark Tovey and Ian Gay with Dave Pottier in the chair.

Once again we have a more moderate Ian whose pick for the 11 to face a rampant Boro side next weekend gets the nod from the rest of the panel.

Must admit the highlight each episode for me is becoming the selection of the intro music - anyone care to name this week's choice?

Have I got to listen to know what the eleven is?

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So we’ve been on a downward slope for two seasons but have improved on last season? Good grief.

Over the past couple of seasons we’ve become a lower half championship club. We have improved on last season in terms of performances and there are positives the younger players being given an opportunity and taken them. When we were looking for a replacement for Johnson, the message from the club was the new manager was to achieve the play offs / promotion we’re a long way from that. Since Johnson left our league positions haven’t improved, so I would argue we have been on a downward slope. I would argue our performances have improved (although we’re not consistent and for both reasons due to the younger players in the team / squad which is to be expected). 

I’m not sure having in-depth knowledge of other clubs, means you can’t have a view on relegation for future seasons. Our form hasn’t been great for a while now, if that doesn’t improve then we’ll be in a relegation scrap in future seasons?