IGNORED

Well done the police today

Will b11

1 minute ago, daored said:

Just watched it - Matt Lawton. Really sad how young some of these kids are 

Thought so thanks for confirming.  
Yeah it is I agree. I think he cleverly picked two extremely highly charged games to make his point - there was always going to be flash points at those two games - but you’re right in how young some of them were.  

What I don’t understand is why the Police don’t actually police trains going to these games. They would say costs no doubt but at these supposed ‘high risk’ games there are so many Police that surely they can put two or three on a train over in their robo cop outfits.  The majority of young ‘uns would soon buckle up. 

19 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

There is a video on YouTube called Football Violence Cocaine and   kids , shot last weekend in Nottingham,worth a watch to see what’s happening across this country. 

Interesting watch, I do wonder WTF is going on. I've certainly seen more trouble this year than in the previous 10 put together (ok that includes COVID), at the home game I've even seen a group of Fulham fans try and kick off this season - Fulham WTF!

Not trying to excuse it, just understand it - I did wonder if this was an effect of COVID restrictions, 2 years of not issuing banning orders, mental problems from being locked up in the early teens when forming personality, money available because there has been 2 years of not spending it, nothing else to do that's enjoyable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting watch, I do wonder WTF is going on. I've certainly seen more trouble this year than in the previous 10 put together (ok that includes COVID), at the home game I've even seen a group of Fulham fans try and kick off this season - Fulham WTF!

Not trying to excuse it, just understand it - I did wonder if this was an effect of COVID restrictions, 2 years of not issuing banning orders, mental problems from being locked up in the early teens when forming personality, money available because there has been 2 years of not spending it, nothing else to do that's enjoyable.

Send them to Ukraine then see how big their bollocks are 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Sadly This behaviour is not just confined to Bristol City. It’s massively on the rise nationally , huge increases in arrests and anti social behaviour at football across the UK including drugs , pyrotechnics etc. 

I can see the return of restrictions again for games at Cardiff and Swansea coming in the near future. Reduced ticket allocation, RV points. 

I was present yesterday and went by car so didn’t witness anything until after the game when coming out Swansea fans were allowed to goad us whilst filming and waiting for a reaction. Once on the dual carriageway heading back to park and ride it was going off on a side street by a pizzeria. Plenty of police running to intervene .

Football violence is defiantly on the increase this season and we've also noticed a new mob of nutters that regularly cause trouble at away games. Just when we hand lwft the dark ages behind!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Football violence is defiantly on the increase this season and we've also noticed a new mob of nutters that regularly cause trouble at away games. Just when we hand lwft the dark ages behind!

Pezo nailed it with the list of possible reasons for this upsurge in incidents plus Cocaine is more widely available now as it’s ever been, young uns have more money nowadays to throw at football and the casual scene . It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better in my opinion . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Wembley last summer for the final was bad . Two Leeds fans in there 60 ,s said it was as bad as anything they have seen at Leeds in there 50 years of going …. Now that’s saying something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Pezo nailed it with the list of possible reasons for this upsurge in incidents plus Cocaine is more widely available now as it’s ever been, young uns have more money nowadays to throw at football and the casual scene . It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better in my opinion . 

Yes spot on with your assessment. Cocaine is beoming a huge problem and younger men living at home longer giving them more disposable income is no doubts contributing to the rise in violence at games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

@Pezo does indeed absolutely nail this point. I’ve said in a previous thread on the subject that post COVID there was obviously a huge desire to get back to watching football.

For some there has also been a huge desire to get back to football violence; or indeed with the pent up frustration of lockdown and the availability of cocaine a desire to get involved in it. 

As mentioned this season has already seen the most football violence I can remember since the 90s. There is something going off every weekend at the moment all over the football league and indeed non league. What’s been really surprising from our perspective is we’ve seen it happen with clubs you wouldn’t normally associate with it; Blackpool, Blackburn and Fulham have all been flashpoints this season at home. 

You’d always expect something against Cardiff and Swansea but seriously Fulham?! 

• Like 3

Read bits of that Matt Lawton stuff, trending in a negative direction but a lot of what we have  seen so far this season strikes me more as low to high level antisocial behaviour than a return of the past.

Cocaine is an interesting point, more than likely an important factor- it is rife across society so it may well be on the rise across football.

Saw this a few days ago in the Times too.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/football-violence-sniffer-dogs-at-stadiums-as-police-crackdown-on-cocaine-abuse-intensifies-ghztz8sqr

The away match at QPR in September was the first time I'd ever been truly embarassed to be a City fan (Even losing to Rovers and 7-1 at Swansea wasn't as bad). Our coked up fanbase thought it right to take over the underground in shouting anti QPR chants at locals who were just going about their day, and even had chants at some on the tube that were actually Bristol City fans themselves. 
Generally these lads probably ranged between the ages of 19-25, scruffy as hell and were completely obnoxious to others.

This is not normal behaviour, by all means have a scrap with rival fans in quiet places, I don't have an issue with that to an extent, just leave others who don't want to be involved alone.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yes spot on with your assessment. Cocaine is beoming a huge problem and younger men living at home longer giving them more disposable income is no doubts contributing to the rise in violence at games.

It's really the cocaine/alcohol combination.

In itself, unless taken to psychosis levels, coke just makes you want to talk endlessly and perhaps get off with some young ladies (although to disappointing ends, if the stories I've heard are correct).

One reason coke is so popular on football away days, stag nights, lads big nights out etc, is that its extra alertness means you can drink more without lapsing into that alcohol-induced Gollum state where you are stumbling around and don't know what the **** is going on.  You remain alert and on your toes.  The trouble is although the alcohol's physical effects are postponed, its mental affects, which for many people include a propensity for violence, aren't.  Add in coke paranoia and its an awful mix. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, One Team said:

@Pezo does indeed absolutely nail this point. I’ve said in a previous thread on the subject that post COVID there was obviously a huge desire to get back to watching football.

For some there has also been a huge desire to get back to football violence; or indeed with the pent up frustration of lockdown and the availability of cocaine a desire to get involved in it. 

As mentioned this season has already seen the most football violence I can remember since the 90s. There is something going off every weekend at the moment all over the football league and indeed non league. What’s been really surprising from our perspective is we’ve seen it happen with clubs you wouldn’t normally associate with it; Blackpool, Blackburn and Fulham have all been flashpoints this season at home. 

You’d always expect something against Cardiff and Swansea but seriously Fulham?! 

Everyone writes off Fulham - but in their run to the Europa League Final not so long ago, they took it to some of their opponents along the way and the West London boys were not disgraced - do I condone this behaviour? No, of course not, it’s horrible and ridiculous - but people always dismiss Fulham fans as being tame when they are anything but when it comes on top. I went to Fulham away on a Boxing Day back in the ‘90s I think it was and after the game their fans were well up for it - coming at us from side roads etc - every club has idiots and wannabes - including Fulham FC ...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Everyone writes off Fulham - but in their run to the Europa League Final not so long ago, they took it to some of their opponents along the way and the West London boys were not disgraced - do I condone this behaviour? No, of course not, it’s horrible and ridiculous - but people always dismiss Fulham fans as being tame when they are anything but when it comes on top. I went to Fulham away on a Boxing Day back in the ‘90s I think it was and after the game their fans were well up for it - coming at us from side roads etc - every club has idiots and wannabes - including Fulham FC ...

Were they carrying those ridiculous wooden rattlers they use in the stadium....

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder if the parents/grandparents of the current generation of 'youth' are guilty of rose-tinted nostalgic stories of days gone by.

Where everything was one big laugh, and attempting to engage the younger supporters of their escapades.

There’s definitely some hypocrisy. This forum is often full of old blokes looking back fondly on the lovely battles they had forty or fifty years ago. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps.

I sometimes reminisce about matches I attended and incidents, some violent, I experienced, although I wouldn’t say I look back upon them (the violent incidents) fondly.

They are but memories.

I can laugh about them now because, for the most part, I escaped them without injury, but I can say quite clearly that any nostalgia is not rose tinted.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps.

I sometimes reminisce about matches I attended and incidents, some violent, I experienced, although I wouldn’t say I look back upon them (the violent incidents) fondly.

They are but memories.

I can laugh about them now because, for the most part, I escaped them without injury, but I can say quite clearly that any nostalgia is not rose tinted.

Some do though. They still revel in “seeing off” some other bunch of tossers, decades ago.

On 14/02/2022 at 14:53, Red-Robbo said:

It's really the cocaine/alcohol combination.

In itself, unless taken to psychosis levels, coke just makes you want to talk endlessly and perhaps get off with some young ladies (although to disappointing ends, if the stories I've heard are correct).

One reason coke is so popular on football away days, stag nights, lads big nights out etc, is that its extra alertness means you can drink more without lapsing into that alcohol-induced Gollum state where you are stumbling around and don't know what the **** is going on.  You remain alert and on your toes.  The trouble is although the alcohol's physical effects are postponed, its mental affects, which for many people include a propensity for violence, aren't.  Add in coke paranoia and its an awful mix. 

Why I used to use it on work’s night out. On work do’s you can keep up with the drinking and at the end of the night you can still order the cabs to get your comatose work colleagues home.

Never felt violent though.

• Like 1