IGNORED

37 Harrogate fans ...

BS4 on Tour...

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... made the trip to their game at Exeter City tonight - that’s a 600 mile round trip on a Tuesday night - unbelievable commitment to supporting their club - they all deserve a free season ticket for next season at least ...

'Appen some of them might live in Devon. Kudos to those that don't though!

Saw that Stevenage took 30 fans to Barrow last Saturday, at that level pretty much every hardcore fan must know each other.

Remember in the 82/3 season going to Halifax in midweek & the sole CATS coach wasn’t anywhere near full, so very similar.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Saw that Stevenage took 30 fans to Barrow last Saturday, at that level pretty much every hardcore fan must know each other.

Remember in the 82/3 season going to Halifax in midweek & the sole CATS coach wasn’t anywhere near full, so very similar.

Likewise I remember taking the CATS coach to Cambridge, probably about 81/82, when there were less than 50 of us there. We had a little pitch invasion to celebrate our consolation goal and I recall asking the very friendly old bill in our end if they would mind if we ran over and took the home end. They said "nah, go for it lads!". Our coach also got attacked by a mob of Cardiff at the services on the M4 on the way home.

Happy days!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Ridiculous fixture for a week night

Absolutely - I remember Exeter having to play Darlington away on a Tuesday night on a few occasions - it’s truly ridiculous - but I also recall gas fans complaining that midweek Champions League games on tv affected their home attendances - fully admitting that the “loyal and true” gas hordes would rather stay indoors and watch their Old Trafford heroes etc rather than trudge along to support their gas “heroes” - and that was for HOME games!! These Harrogate fans who undertook a 600 mile round trip tonight just to see their team get beaten in injury time are the real football fans - proper supporters from a town where loads of the locals “support” Leeds, for some reason ... ??

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d like to see Exeter and FGR get automatic promo.

Me too. Emphasises how minnow the Gas have become in the world of West Country football. 

I think Yeovil have blown it, but there's an outside chance Torquay to squeak into the National League play-offs and come up.  That would give them their local derby with a team of similar importance.  :whistle2:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely - I remember Exeter having to play Darlington away on a Tuesday night on a few occasions - it’s truly ridiculous - but I also recall gas fans complaining that midweek Champions League games on tv affected their home attendances - fully admitting that the “loyal and true” gas hordes would rather stay indoors and watch their Old Trafford heroes etc rather than trudge along to support their gas “heroes” - and that was for HOME games!! These Harrogate fans who undertook a 600 mile round trip tonight just to see their team get beaten in injury time are the real football fans - proper supporters from a town where loads of the locals “support” Leeds, for some reason ... ??

Not to mention Harrogate Railway !?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, I can, stayed over in Ripon the previous night........not good when it's a freezing cold 11.30am KO of a Sunday morning and you're hung over to **** !

Good man. Kingstonian v City is the limit of my non-league adventures following BCFC. 

• Haha 1