IGNORED

37 Harrogate fans ...

BS4 on Tour...

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

'Appen some of them might live in Devon. Kudos to those that don't though!

Oi, pack it in yer wazzock!

'Appen?

Nobody says 'appen in Harrogate. Nobody wears a flat cap. Whippet racing is unknown. 

Harrogate, let me tell you , is a genteel spa town, Georgian architecture. sweeping crescents etc.. Posh. All cream teas by the piano - that sort of place.

I grew up in the dark satanic mills part of Yorkshire and, to be fair, you will hear people say "appen there.

As an aside to this ramble I did have a mate whose family moved to Harrogate. The mother, trying to fit into Harrogate society, bought a set of fish knives and forks, which were first used to eat fish fingers. (True story sadly).

Oh well, enough from me. Consider yerself told off - I'm off to feed me ferret.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I was on it .

Yep & back to my central point I think all of us who were in those days knew (or at least recognised) every single City fan who did.

There were a couple of trips that season, Hartlepool was on the Saturday either before or after Halifax & I remember Darlington in the first few days of January, with slightly more fans because they were weekends, but not too many more.

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Oi, pack it in yer wazzock!

'Appen?

Nobody says 'appen in Harrogate. Nobody wears a flat cap. Whippet racing is unknown. 

Harrogate, let me tell you , is a genteel spa town, Georgian architecture. sweeping crescents etc.. Posh. All cream teas by the piano - that sort of place.

I grew up in the dark satanic mills part of Yorkshire and, to be fair, you will hear people say "appen there.

As an aside to this ramble I did have a mate whose family moved to Harrogate. The mother, trying to fit into Harrogate society, bought a set of fish knives and forks, which were first used to eat fish fingers. (True story sadly).

Oh well, enough from me. Consider yerself told off - I'm off to feed me ferret.

As a teenager I was once pestered by a gay gardener in the Harlow Carr Gardens there.

Wanted to lure me into the potting shed. 

Nowadays, the police and some sort of child counselling service would probably be involved. Back then I just told him to **** off. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Good man. Kingstonian v City is the limit of my non-league adventures following BCFC. 

I went to Kettering away for a pre season friendly under Pulis - why did I do that?! Oh and back in the dim and distant me and two mates went away to Ottery St Mary to watch the reserves - we were the only away fans and we started to chant which stopped the match - non-plussed players turned to stare and even the ref had a look - I guess they weren’t used to many away fans in those days at fixtures such as this one, especially ones who’d start singing anyway ??✌️

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I went to Kettering away for a pre season friendly under Pulis - why did I do that?! Oh and back in the dim and distant me and two mates went away to Ottery St Mary to watch the reserves - we were the only away fans and we started to chant which stopped the match - non-plussed players turned to stare and even the ref had a look - I guess they weren’t used to many away fans in those days at fixtures such as this one, especially ones who’d start singing anyway ??✌️

Didn't we also play Kettering as a non-league club in the Cup?

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Didn't we also play Kettering as a non-league club in the Cup?

Yeh, we stuffed ‘em 3-1 around 20 years ago - it may even have been the same season when I went to the pre-season friendly there - although I much prefer to remember Kettering dumping the Sags out of the FA Cup many years before our game - and it was comedy gold! Here’s just 50 seconds to warm the old cockles and give you a chuckle - so nice to see Mehew, Yates, Alexander, Reece et al get knocked out the cup by a non league club - yet again! Enjoy ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TomF said:

I went to that one - wasn't it something stupid like 11.30am kick off?  Stayed at my Brothers house in Armley (not the jail..) and then made the journey across in morning.  Seem to recall when they pulled it back to 2-1 a fan in a leeds shirt ran on the pitch?  It wasn't even a ground it was like some sort of school playing field with a few stands the fewers the otherside of town would be proud of. 

Apparently the match day program from that day goes for a fair whack on ebay.. of course I put mine out for recycling a few years ago.

I`ll have to dig mine out then. What`s it worth? Got a Heybridge Swifts one too.