IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

E.G.Red

7 hours ago, chinapig said:

What I would like to hear is an admission that we screwed up our finances ourselves before Covid had its impact. But that would require admitting that the Chairman failed to hold the Chief Executive to account.

And if we are demanding retrospective changes to FFP to suit our ends I assume Derby will be allowed to restate their accounts for the relevant period again on the same basis.

I don’t disagree re the chairman failing to hold the previous CEO to account. I’m surprised he (ex CEO) didn’t spend the Pension Fund.

That said football in the championship (& in other divisions) like Financial Services back pre 2008, is/was very short term focused. 

For all the horror of COVID I do think it will bring some equilibrium (excluding parachute payments) back to Championship football and it’s much needed.

Player/Agent power was ridiculous and as we see Championship accounts released over the few months it is a clear opportunity to press the reset button for clubs and the EFL.

Will be interesting to see over the decade if Championship clubs revert back to pre COVID times. I personally hope doesn’t.

7 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

I would love to hear his explanation of why or how he thought he expected us to do better. With the quality of the squad some of which was recruited under his reign and the current injuries and the lack of any serious investment in the squad. Due to FFP and poor expensive purchases made before Pearson arrived. Just what was he doing when Ashton was being allowed to do what he wanted and plan his new career at Ipswich instead of looking out for the best interests of Bristol City.He should go back and play with his crayons and design some more club badges.

Twas all very grey,,thoughtless and uninspiring.

Like a wet weekend in Darlington.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Shame it was an “eggs in one basket” approach previously, and that we thought paying higher wages was fine too.

Talk about riding the gravy train and never considering it might end.  If numpties like me thought it was risky what are the experts doing?

They wouldn't be the first (or last) experts to take a short term view or not to see all the consequences of their actions. Look at all those companies that took "Pension Plan Holidays" during the market boom in the 80's only to find a big hole in their funding when Black Monday occurred. 

16 minutes ago, fatchers said:

According to some on here, all you have to do is shake a tree and a billionaire sheik will drop out and splash hundreds of millions over us. 

And they do so without understanding that it makes no difference to the team how much money your owner has as long as FFP remains in place.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think in 15 or so years of him being part of the club hierarchy, I can't recall a single interesting thing he's ever said.

The sooner him and his father sell the better imo.

Not long now. 

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

One of the potential parties has come a bit of a cropper. Lets just say the Ukraine situation isn't helping matters, re: financial freedom of funds movement.

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

One of the potential parties has come a bit of a cropper. Lets just say the Ukraine situation isn't helping matters, re: financial freedom of funds movement.

Doesn't matter, there's serious interest from elsewhere now. Sporting Quarter approval should be April. Legal agreements will take a few months longer then the exit strategy is a step closer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Doesn't matter, there's serious interest from elsewhere now. Sporting Quarter approval should be April. Legal agreements will take a few months longer then the exit strategy is a step closer. 

Good news. People will say be careful what you wish for, but happy to take that risk. New faces required at this club to progress I feel.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know that, we all know that - it's public record - but 2 of the front runners will be hamstrung if fiscal limitations are imposed on overseas ownership, and transfer of funds.

Unless you are saying solely UK interests in new ownership are on the horizon now?

Is that what you are saying?

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ha, once again I had to Google  KR to find out who he is, thought he might be some mega rich head of a consortium looking to buy in, then I find.................he's from a ****** Netflicks series ! :grr:

I haven't a clue who Kendall Roy is. To my mind, JL is more a Forrest Gump.

• Like 1