IGNORED

Jon Lansdown

E.G.Red

11 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Thought he came across well. He’s right to acknowledge that he expected us to be doing better.  Can’t remember whether he said that on the Radio or the Post article. 

We dont hear from the chairman in months when we know hes been in bermuda, but he expects us to be doing better??!! Talk about do as i say not as i do.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Is he chairman of just BCFC or B Sports ? He only seems to Tweet (or whatever) on the other BS teams, you know "well done Flyers" or "Hard luck Bears", never the City......does he even go to City matches ?

To be fair he is around more often than most people think.

Not sure about games though.

I still don't understand why people expect to hear from JL so much? Gould is CEO of Bristol City Football Club Limited, and he regularly makes statements and comments. JL might be on the board as director, and is on the board of the Holdco, but he's just a director - same as Doug Harman and no one calls him the 'invisible man'.

If it's because JL is referred to as the 'Chairman' well that's not automatically a reason to expect him to speak. If he's just chairman of the board of directors then he's got no reason to make statements, if it's 'Chairman' in the historic sense, well that role is now filled by the CEO and the 'Chairman' job title is a historic anachronism. It would be good for the club to clarify his role, and explain exactly what they mean by 'Chairman'.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Is he chairman of just BCFC or B Sports ? He only seems to Tweet (or whatever) on the other BS teams, you know "well done Flyers" or "Hard luck Bears", never the City......does he even go to City matches ?

He's a director of almost every company in the Group. City, Bears, Flyers, Bristol Sport itself, he's on the board of every company bar the Women's football and Rugby teams.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

He's certainly been at some City Women matches recently and I'd pretty confidently say he'd have been at the men's games too.

• Thanks 1

Think he spoke well about our finances, always appreciate hearing from the big wigs at the club. It’s good to hear that selling players isn’t the only string to our bow when it comes to fighting FFP, with the possibility of selling naming rights and pushing for tweaks to FFP rules in light of Covid also going on. Fwiw, I think we’re going to avoid any deductions, we’ve got options.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Think he spoke well about our finances, always appreciate hearing from the big wigs at the club. It’s good to hear that selling players isn’t the only string to our bow when it comes to fighting FFP, with the possibility of selling naming rights and pushing for tweaks to FFP rules in light of Covid also going on. Fwiw, I think we’re going to avoid any deductions, we’ve got options.

Shame it was an “eggs in one basket” approach previously, and that we thought paying higher wages was fine too.

Talk about riding the gravy train and never considering it might end.  If numpties like me thought it was risky what are the experts doing?

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I still don't understand why people expect to hear from JL so much? Gould is CEO of Bristol City Football Club Limited, and he regularly makes statements and comments. JL might be on the board as director, and is on the board of the Holdco, but he's just a director - same as Doug Harman and no one calls him the 'invisible man'.

If it's because JL is referred to as the 'Chairman' well that's not automatically a reason to expect him to speak. If he's just chairman of the board of directors then he's got no reason to make statements, if it's 'Chairman' in the historic sense, well that role is now filled by the CEO and the 'Chairman' job title is a historic anachronism. It would be good for the club to clarify his role, and explain exactly what they mean by 'Chairman'.

He's a director of almost every company in the Group. City, Bears, Flyers, Bristol Sport itself, he's on the board of every company bar the Women's football and Rugby teams.

How often do you hear from kronke at arsenal, the glazers at man u the chuckle brothers at West ham, in fact how often do you hear from the majority of chairman in the football league.......you dont

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

How often do you hear from kronke at arsenal, the glazers at man u the chuckle brothers at West ham, in fact how often do you hear from the majority of chairman in the football league.......you dont

Of course not, and I'd not expect us to. Honestly I reckon we actually hear from Lansdown senior far more often than those owners that you mention in this post.

I have no problem with the set up really, although I'd like some clarification on exactly what JL's role is, and exactly why he has the title of "chairman". Just to clear it up as imo it's confusing to people as it is, and this thread demonstrates that. I will not get such confirmation though.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Of course not, and I'd not expect us to. Honestly I reckon we actually hear from Lansdown senior far more often than those owners that you mention in this post.

I have no problem with the set up really, although I'd like some clarification on exactly what JL's role is, and exactly why he has the title of "chairman". Just to clear it up as imo it's confusing to people as it is, and this thread demonstrates that. I will not get such confirmation though.

Because he is the chairman of Bristol city football club, like John Laycock and Colin sexton, were

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

What I would like to hear is an admission that we screwed up our finances ourselves before Covid had its impact. But that would require admitting that the Chairman failed to hold the Chief Executive to account.

And if we are demanding retrospective changes to FFP to suit our ends I assume Derby will be allowed to restate their accounts for the relevant period again on the same basis.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

What I would like to hear is an admission that we screwed up our finances ourselves before Covid had its impact. But that would require admitting that the Chairman failed to hold the Chief Executive to account.

And if we are demanding retrospective changes to FFP to suit our ends I assume Derby will be allowed to restate their accounts for the relevant period again on the same basis.

Yep, was hoping to hear that…although what we got was exactly what I expected.

By the end of the summer we will start to see the influence of Richard Gould, and this time next year we will see the first year”s accounts with him as CEO.

He is very interested in improving the club, not his ego.  That’s not a throwaway comment, that’s from others who’ve had dealings with him.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

49 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think of him as figurehead.

It's a bit like the queen and government relationship with the JL being the queen (don't go there, your better than that) and CEO being the prime minister - you hear from the prime minister regularly about the direction of the country and policies, you hear from the queen once a year to reflect on how the year has been.

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Thought he came across well. He’s right to acknowledge that he expected us to be doing better.  Can’t remember whether he said that on the Radio or the Post article. 

I would love to hear his explanation of why or how he thought he expected us to do better. With the quality of the squad some of which was recruited under his reign and the current injuries and the lack of any serious investment in the squad. Due to FFP and poor expensive purchases made before Pearson arrived. Just what was he doing when Ashton was being allowed to do what he wanted and plan his new career at Ipswich instead of looking out for the best interests of Bristol City.He should go back and play with his crayons and design some more club badges.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It's a bit like the queen and government relationship with the JL being the queen (don't go there, your better than that) and CEO being the prime minister - you hear from the prime minister regularly about the direction of the country and policies, you hear from the queen once a year to reflect on how the year has been.

Yep, I understand what a "chairman" means in normal Corp governance speak. But that doesn't seem to be how some fans expect him to behave.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, I understand what a "chairman" means in normal Corp governance speak. But that doesn't seem to be how some fans expect him to behave.

Yeah some fans seem to want him to come out every time we've lost a few on the trot and say we're either going to buy the best 3 players in the world and **** FFP we don't need to worry about that or that he accepts all blame for losing a few in a row and is giving up his position.

I would prefer it if we heard from him once a year to talk about the benefits he/the board sees in the CEOs strategy. Anything more than that and he is either encroaching on the CEOs job or the managers job and that causes confusion.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yeah some fans seem to want him to come out every time we've lost a few on the trot and say we're either going to buy the best 3 players in the world and **** FFP we don't need to worry about that or that he accepts all blame for losing a few in a row and is giving up his position.

I would prefer it if we heard from him once a year to talk about the benefits he/the board sees in the CEOs strategy. Anything more than that and he is either encroaching on the CEOs job or the managers job and that causes confusion.

Yep agree completely.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Oh Gawd, is RG going to start lying to us, and "misleading" the board ?