IGNORED

Big Game Tonight

bcfc01

Peterborough v Reading (if its not postponed)

Reading will get dumped in the bottom three if they lose. 

Its not that Peterborough have gone on a good run themselves, just that Reading (with a decent squad) can't buy a win.

They've gone on a dreadful run - last 10 games, 2 draws and 8 defeats, 7 losses on the spin, 28 conceded in that run.

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Peterborough v Reading (if its not postponed)

Reading will get dumped in the bottom three if they lose. 

Its not that Peterborough have gone on a good run themselves, just that Reading (with a decent squad) can't buy a win.

They've gone on a dreadful run - last 10 games, 2 draws and 8 defeats, 7 losses on the spin, 28 conceded in that run.

Really windy there and corner flags virtually horizontal. Expect either a nil nil draw or a wind assisted freak goal   

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Reading with the recent return of Joao, Swift and Meite, will be too strong tonight.  As much as I’d like Reading to go down, a win for a reading makes Derby’s job harder.

No result helps Derby. 5 points adrift whatever happens, but you're right that of the 3 possible results a Reading win is the worst for Derby. It's this kind of game that people that expect Derby to escape - and there seriously are people that think they are more likely to escape than not - forget about when doing the maths they do to arrive at that conclusion.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I want Peteborough to win, but will take a draw to stop two teams below us both not getting much closer. But if you told me we'll stay up regardless then I'm happy for Reading to win to put more pressure on Derby.

I think I've got splinters somewhere ...

We'll stay up regardless.

And the division next season would be far better with Peterborough in it rather than Reading.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Reading with the recent return of Joao, Swift and Meite, will be too strong tonight.  As much as I’d like Reading to go down, a win for a reading makes Derby’s job harder.

Tough choices..

Derby v Peterborough saturday as well.

Posh to win both would be good...won't happen though.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Tough choices..

Derby v Peterborough saturday as well.

Posh to win both would be good...won't happen though.

I'd say they've been comfortably the better team in the 28 minutes so far tonight. 

And honestly a draw at the weekend would be good enough for them if they can get 3 points tonight. A draw at Derby is pretty doable IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd say they've been comfortably the better team in the 28 minutes so far tonight. 

And honestly a draw at the weekend would be good enough for them if they can get 3 points tonight. A draw at Derby is pretty doable IMO.

It's a bit like a dodgy cricket pitch...........don't judge until both sides have batted on it. Same with this wind I reckon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It's a bit like a dodgy cricket pitch...........don't judge until both sides have batted on it. Same with this wind I reckon.

Yeh the wind is doing some of Peterborough's defending for them this half isn't it. Reading have a cheeky free kick here though...great save from the keeper to deny Ince!

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, Globe Trotter said:

He looks like he’s managed to lose both weight and height since his premier league days while also doing a very good impression of someone learning to play football on the job while blindfolded and / or drunk 

He literally looks lost out there and it’s not exactly a high standard around him!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The fact that we couldn't keep a clean sheet against either of these teams is absolutely damning.

The fact that we got 9 points out of 9 is a lot more relevant.

I actually think Reading are good going forward, Peterborough look like what they are, a League One team.

• Like 3

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Reading got no heart, Peterborough plenty but not much ability at this level.

Absolutely spot on- thought Peterborough gave it everything.

Reading are so dislikable, all the diving, moaning to the ref, standing in front of the ball, really hope they go down. 

• Like 5