IGNORED

Big Game Tonight

bcfc01

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Dortmund must have had players missing thru injury

Btw - how did Celtic get on?………..:cool2:

I believe they lost 1-3 at home to a team I’ve never heard of - but you dislike Scottish football and consistently say you have no interest in it, so not sure why you’d care?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe they lost 1-3 at home to a team I’ve never heard of - but you dislike Scottish football and consistently say you have no interest in it, so not sure why you’d care?!

I really don’t care……..I saw the Celtic result on the BBC sports app. Just confirms what I’ve always thought of the SPL……:dunno:

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I did a double take when i saw the result. As you say a massive result for them

I like Rangers as have some family up there that support them. I also think Ibrox is one of the nicest looking UK stadiums. Was really surprised with that result though. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Haaland was missing thru injury for Dortmund

Is Borussia Dortmund a one man team then? How does a one man team achieve the sustained success that Dortmund has? They had plenty of other absolute class players on show.

And it’s been suggested on here many times that the Scottish Premiership is the equivalent of league one in England - so as it stands that result for Rangers is the equivalent of Wigan Athletic winning 2-4 away at Dortmund.

Rangers was only the second team ever to score 4 goals in a European tie away to Dortmund. It was an incredible result which ever way you look at it ...

• Like 2

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is Borussia Dortmund a one man team then? How does a one man team achieve the sustained success that Dortmund has? They had plenty of other absolute class players on show.

And it’s been suggested on here many times that the Scottish Premiership is the equivalent of league one in England - so as it stands that result for Rangers is the equivalent of Wigan Athletic winning 2-4 away at Dortmund.

Rangers was only the second team ever to score 4 goals in a European tie away to Dortmund. It was an incredible result which ever way you look at it ...

This debate is a good match up - it's the irresistible force of pedantry vs the immovable object of ignorance 

:yawn:(using an olde emoji as a tribute to RR)

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

Dortmund still had Bellingham, Reus, Guerreiro, Witsel, Brandt, Hummels. Players Rangers could only dream of signing (bar Ramsey of course). 

It's a hell of a result for them to go to Dortmund and stick 4 past them, not only that, they thoroughly deserved the win, it was no smash and grab performance. 
People say they have quality that is barely Championship standard, but I can't see a Championship side going to Dortmund and doing that. Fair play to them

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The vast majority of it is to be fair. Just go through the squads of everyone below Rangers and Celtic and try and claim it isn't.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The vast majority of it is to be fair. Just go through the squads of everyone below Rangers and Celtic and try and claim it isn't.

I also think both Celtic and Rangers probably have a "massive club" feel to players and supporters which is purely psychological. That probably gets an extra few % out of the players in big games. 

My guess is that as a result, it would be much easier for a Rangers player to raise their game at a full Ibrox for example rather than playing in the same fixture as a St. Johnstone player at McDiarmid Park.

It's probably a similar thing to Liverpool who, even when their squad has been far weaker than now, have historically managed to dig out huge performances especially in Europe. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The Old Firm is largely why I consider the SP to be a two horse race every season - either one of them win. When was the last time any club other than Rangers or Celtic won it?

Its boringly predictable……….:sleeping:

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Old Firm is largely why I consider the SP to be a two horse race every season - either one of them win. When was the last time any club other than Rangers or Celtic won it?

Its boringly predictable……….:sleeping:

Aberdeen in 1985 under Alex Ferguson..

Since 1894 the top division has been won by a non old firm side 14 times. The old firm have won 106 times,

• Thanks 1