IGNORED

Englands fixtures in the Nations league

Never to the dark side

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not the guy up front with 50 goals then?...

I’m not saying get rid of him I’m just saying I wouldn’t guarantee him a space in the starting line up right now. In the England side I just haven’t seen that much from Kane tbh, I’m not doubting his ability at all he’s the best striker England has still, but short of penalties I don’t really see what he’s been adding to the national team since the euros, maybe it’s the system or players not being used to him but Kane in England isn’t close to Kane at Spurs. 

Edited by london_Cider_red
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, london_Cider_red said:

I’m not saying get rid of him I’m just saying I wouldn’t guarantee him a space in the starting line up right now. In the England side I just haven’t seen that much from Kane tbh, I’m not doubting his ability at all he’s the best striker England has still, but short of penalties I don’t really see what he’s been adding to the national team since the euros, maybe it’s the system or players not being used to him but Kane in England isn’t close to Kane at Spurs. 

He’s not Roy Race

Provided with half decent service he scores goals 

Kane is not one of the many issues

And simply - Is Southgate getting the best out of this set of players - Absolutely Nowhere near

• Like 1

Relegated and deserved to be. 

Let’s hope that Southgate’s superb motivational and tactical skills are brought to the fore before the World Cup. Not entirely Southgate's fault, the rest of the World have moved on rapidly over the last couple of years. We’ve stood still at best in England. 

That was poor losing to an Italian team without Immobile, Chiesa, Locatelli, Insigne and Spinazzola to name but 5. Not having scored a goal from open play for more than 550 minutes deserves relegation. And what was playing Sakha at left wing back all about. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content

Southgate going the way of all England managers. Playing players out of position and players who are demonstrably out of form and not playing for their clubs, because they’ve served him well in the past. He seems to have lost any ability to inspire or motivate, and he’s always been a fairly ordinary tactition. His major advantage- luck ( he’s never had serious injuries like Erickson and has two pretty favourable draws in competitions- seems to be deserting him as well. With a bit of that luck, we’ll have a respectable World Cup, but I can’t see him in post this time next year.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Relegated and deserved to be. 

Let’s hope that Southgate’s superb motivational and tactical skills are brought to the fore before the World Cup. Not entirely Southgate's fault, the rest of the World have moved on rapidly over the last couple of years. We’ve stood still at best in England. 

He doesn't do himself any favours by playing players out of Position (Saka as a wing back?) and players out of form.....I felt sorry for Bellingham.  And I thought Sterling was dire..........rather than Dire being sterling?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

So much more desire from the Italian players

Exactly this, just looked way fitter than us with a spring in their step. Tactically it was very easy for them tonight in the most part. Stay close to their man and shut them down. Sterling was woeful for most of the game and couldn't handle the close marking, made him look so technically inept and ordinary.

This England side has gone backwards imo, which points to the fact Southgate is so bereft of any idea of how to progress this team. Players don't look like they are playing for or believe in him. James was totally shocking tonight, just didn't look like he wanted to be there, which I'm amazed at tbh, he looked like one of the worlds best right backs last season.

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Like 1

My only hope is that the Germans are normally crap before tournaments. .. and often go on to impress. Maybe that’s Southgate’s tactic.

Just totally mystified though - when we know everything we need to know about playing Kane up top - why Southgate didn’t go for two up front with Toney playing.

Plan ‘A’ currently isn’t working…but we know Southgate will use ‘A’, no matter what, to start the World Cup. Why not look at a Plan ‘B’? 

… and Saka as a wing back on the wrong side. Southgate got what he deserved with that tactical gem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Exactly this, just looked way fitter than us with a spring in their step. Tactically it was very easy for them tonight in the most part. Stay close to their man and shut them down. Sterling was woeful for most of the game and couldn't handle the close marking, made him look so technically inept and ordinary.

This England side has gone backwards imo, which points to the fact Southgate is so bereft of any idea of how to progress this team. Players don't look they are playing for or believe in him. James was totally shocking tonight, just didn't look like he wanted to be there, which I'm amazed at tbh, he looked like one of the worlds best right backs last season.

??